> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Carminemarotta's Rising From The Ashes
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2012, 10:46 AM
Instructor
Hehhe biggrin.gif It was pretty obvious I'd come up with a cool name for your coming back thread biggrin.gif

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT AMIGO! biggrin.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Sep 18 2012, 01:46 PM
GMC:er
So Cosmin
Lesson 1 of Bear Rose lesson is quite easy but I think is good do a REC anyway, what you think?
I am following few other lessons (a very old Ivan lesson on muting string plus Ben vibrato and easy picking).
I am studying the songs Another brick on the wall and Paperback Writer, will do a post as soon as I have time to record them. By the way of recording, I really wanted to use my tube amp to record but can not connect it to recording device, so I am practising with it but will record with Jam Vox.
take care
Carmine

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Sep 18 2012, 09:26 PM
Cosmin
I think we should start from the beginning, than you will help me decide what to take next. I posted my take of Bear Rose on the REC section.

Regards
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2012, 08:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (carminemarotta @ Sep 18 2012, 08:26 PM) *
Cosmin
I think we should start from the beginning, than you will help me decide what to take next. I posted my take of Bear Rose on the REC section.

Regards
Carmine

Hey Carmine! Indeed using the tube amp is a little bit more demanding as you would have good results if you would record with a mic, but Jam Vox does the trick as well I think.

Let me see the REC now biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Sep 19 2012, 09:21 AM
Cosmin
Thanks for your post on the Rec section. The problem you have noticed is due to the camera! I mean I can not play relaxed when recording. But I know, recording will make me a better player.

Thanks again
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2012, 09:26 AM
Instructor
Indeed! The solution is: RECORD, RECORD and then.... RECORD SOME MORE biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Sep 19 2012, 12:59 PM
Cosmin,
anyway can i go ahead with lesson 2 or repeat the first one?

carmine

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Sep 19 2012, 05:01 PM
..and more on the lessons 1.
I listened carefully at the backing track. I guess there is an acoustic guitar there, strumming with s slightly different rhythm. Anyway following his lesson and music score I should play on beat 1, and of 2 and 4. I am correct?

Thanks in advance
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 20 2012, 10:52 AM
Instructor
Hey Carmine, please proceed with the second lesson and about the first, it seems like the playing is done on the 1, anticipated on the 3rd and then on the 4th directly in each bar wink.gif I suggest that before starting to play ANY lesson, you should listen to it enough times until you actually memorize it and you can then reproduce it with your voice while counting in your mind and on your foot tapping or your hand's fingers, counting 1, 2, 3, 4 - quarter notes, ok?

Let's see some guitaring action!!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Sep 20 2012, 01:26 PM
uhmm tricky rhythm in the lesson 2 huh.gif huh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 20 2012, 04:16 PM
Instructor
Carmine smile.gif Why not tackling things in the following way?

Learn the rhythm and strum it in the air, until you are accustomed to it, or better yet, mute your strings and strum it on the guitar - observe the breaks the accents and everything. Once your right hand is used to the rhythm, observe where the chord changes occur (on what beats) and then synch your hands together slowly smile.gif

Then again, you will grow to be able to reproduce a groove almost instantaneously after your ears will associate various groove elements with your hands smile.gif

What say you?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Sep 20 2012, 05:13 PM
Will try

Carmine

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Sep 20 2012, 10:05 PM
Cosmin
need your help on the first three bars. Bear said something about "ghost strums". I think he plays the open strings when he change chords (from D to A). The slow explanation video has one of this strum every change but the main video is different, has more and can't reproduce (I follow your suggestion). I did this:

Thanks
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 21 2012, 08:11 AM
Instructor
Hey Carmine - your take is indeed different than the main video. Bear is doing a different pattern in the main vid - but it's no biggie. The ghost chords are actually strums done in between chord changes, when the chords are muted a bit, to a get a percussive sound. That's the way I'm doing it in general. Bear explains this technique in video number 6 wink.gif

You have learned the strumming pattern as Bear does it in the 6th, 7th and 8th video, but try to listen to the ones done in the main vid and emulate them as well, they are a little bit more complex but not in such a nightmarish way tongue.gif My advice would be to listen to the piece focusing on the strumming pattern and try to SING along smile.gif with 'ta ta' or 'la la'. Once you get the groove you will be able to easily transpose it on the guitar. This is a good, very good exercise for your ears, man smile.gif

What do you say?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Sep 21 2012, 09:45 AM
That is a good exercise indeed, Cosmin

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 21 2012, 02:13 PM
Instructor
It is indeed a good one mate biggrin.gif Try it out with everything you want to learn smile.gif Once it's inside you, you can emulate it with any instrument you wish to use!

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Sep 22 2012, 09:50 PM
Cosmin
I try not to follow the Guitar Pro tab and concentrate on the music I was hearing from the main video. This is what I got, just the first 4 bars

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2012, 09:25 AM
Instructor
Greetings, father of the little samurai! biggrin.gif This here is technically correct! Very good! Get the whole piece together and work on the balance and groove biggrin.gif You can do it mate!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
Sep 25 2012, 09:13 AM
Thanks Cosmin,
I will try to get all together now.

take care
Carmine

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 26 2012, 08:32 AM
Instructor
Looking forward to it wink.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:25 AM