> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

George Hlio's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2016, 02:18 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Welcome to Gab's Army, before we start, I need some more info about you:

- How many time have you been playing guitar?
- Favorite guitarists, bands and musicians.
- What are your guitar goals?
- How would you like to you see yourself in 5 years (related to music and guitar)?
- How many time can you play guitar each day?
- Do you have playing live experience?
- Which are your strong and weak points with guitar?
- What do you know about music theory?
- Can you record videos of you playing?
- Share here audios and videos that reflect your current playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
George Hlio
Feb 26 2016, 02:45 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks Gabriel!
Well
1) I've been playing for 18 months
2)TOP 3 Favorite guitarists: Misha Mansoor John Petrucci Michael Amott
bands: Periphery Unearth Lamb of God
styles: Metalcore Djent Progressive Metal
3) I want to become a creative guitar player with focus in METAL, but I want to know the basics of other styles too
4) In 5 years I hope I release an original album!
5) I can dedicate one hour per day approximately
6) I have no live experience
7) strong points: considering that I've beeen playing for 1,5 year...my rhythm playing
weak points: soloing
8) Not much about music theory
9) I can record with a Skype-type webcam...It is not that good but I don't have any audio software

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2016, 03:00 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, thanks for your info. Please upload some videos of you playing at youtube to let me check your current level.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Feb 26 2016, 03:48 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 26 2016, 02:00 PM) *
Hi mate, thanks for your info. Please upload some videos of you playing at youtube to let me check your current level.

Ok by tomorrow I'll have 1 or 2 videos uploaded!
I'll let you know in this thread Gabriel!

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Feb 26 2016, 08:17 PM
Experienced Rock Star
My first REC ever is in the REC zone!
It's Vai made easy
I would appreciate your feedback Gabriel! thanks

https://youtu.be/uaHUWdRQmEs

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=56671

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 27 2016, 04:24 PM
Instructor
Hi George, how are you?

Great to find your video playing this GMC lesson. This is a good choice to start. There are a few things that you need to work on this one to be able to master the take. These details will need special attention and you'll have to focus on 1 at a time to get used to them.

The first thing that I note is that your bending needs some adjustment. You are letting the note sound and then adding the vibrato, that's ok! but your vibrato is not going natural with the groove of the backing, and sometimes it's a bit irregular. This is not a dramatic issue but you need to pay some attention to it and maybe practice over the original lesson to emulate Ben's vibrato rhythm and width.

The second issue that I note is the apparition of unwanted noises here and there. You need to be sure that you are muting all the strings that you are not playing. The lower strings can be muted with the palm of your left hand, the higher ones can be muted with your left hand index finger (as a bare). The closer strings to the one that you are playing is usually muted with the same finger that is pressing the played fret.

Finally, there are some timing issues in some section, for example when you play the slides at 00:36. This can also be adjusted by workin on small blocks over the original lesson.

Ok mate, please let me know if these feedback is clear and if you have any question.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Feb 27 2016, 05:35 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks for the honest feedback Gabriel!!

1) So about my vibrato: should I add it the exact same moment that I play the note?
2) About the unwanted noises: I am trying to mute the other strings, but is it possible that the neck is too thick for my hand to mute the strings while I am adding vibrato( my guitar is Schechter Hellraiser C-7)? I'll pay attention though
3)The timing issue I understand...
4) Do you think my posture is good?
5) Can I work simultaneously with another lesson so that I clear my mind and post a 2nd REC of Vai made easy later(of course I'll pay attention to the things that you said)?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 28 2016, 04:58 PM
Instructor
1) NO! it's exactly as you are doing it, first let the note sound and then add vibrato.

2) If the neck seems "thin", muting should be even easier. In this case the noises are from the open strings so this means that you are not muting the strings instead of pressing unwanted frets...

3) Ok!

4) It's not bad but you don't look comfortable. Try to fix it and make your posture look more like Ben in the lesson. It's important and healthy to stretch your back while playing.

5) Sure! It's very important to keep motivation and have fun so choose another lesson and start working!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Feb 28 2016, 05:21 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks Gabriel!!
Crystal Clear!!
Currently I am working on alternate picking #4 by Darius
I think I will have a REC soon!

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Feb 29 2016, 12:17 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Also Gabriel there is something in my guitar playing that is VERY IMPORTANT for me!

For some reason(neurological, psychological I don't know) I find it 100 times EASIER to play any solo or scale sequence with ECONOMY picking! I do of course alternate picking on 1 string but I do directional when I am crossing strings..
I've developed this kind of playing for a few months but then my first guitar teacher made it obligatory for my to play with strictly alternate picking for everything...The result was that I gave up my guitar playing for a few months and now I got back to my feet again...And the new start with GMC is really refreshing and I am extremely enthousiastic!

So is it Ok to do as I like ONLY for this aspect of my guitar playing please?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 29 2016, 02:07 PM
Instructor
Hi George, I don't think that this is a problem if you don't feel that this limits your technique. There is a very popular guitarists who is a monster player who only uses economy picking, his name is Frank Gambale. You can explore about him and see how he deals with using economy picking for everything.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Feb 29 2016, 08:27 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Great Gabriel... Thanks!!!

Well 1) you got me Frank Gambale is amazing! I tried in the past to tackle his ROUNDS guitar workouts but they were too fast for me... Doesn't matter now..
2) Another REC https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry728079

Can't wait for your feedback!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 1 2016, 05:57 PM
Instructor
Hi George, if you have the rounds in audio files you can use a software called "Amazing slow downer" to slow the tempo. Frank uses that technique really smoothly, but you need to know that he created his own approached to scale and arpeggio shapes.

I'll check the REC take and give you feedback there. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 2 2016, 01:44 PM
Experienced Rock Star
1) Great! I'll check more of Gambale's interviews and videos about his playing style!
2) Thanks for the feedback! Pretty clear!
3) I just started working on Wylde Made Easy...Any news I'll let you know wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 2 2016, 02:07 PM
Instructor
Great! I'll wait for news.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 5 2016, 12:09 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Hi Gabriel!

So as I said here is my REC on Wlyde made easy...As far as my questions they are in the description of the video
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry728374

Looking forward to your feedback! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 6 2016, 05:48 PM
Instructor
I'll be there in a moment, thanks for the link here. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 7 2016, 01:04 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks Gabriel for the feedback!! I'll work on my bends and vibrato and give it a 2nd try...I am already preparing my 2nd take on Vai made easy...Apart from solo I am working on Metal for beginners-Megadeth for my metal rhythm, so that you can have an idea and give me feedback also on metal rhythm which is very important for me!
I'll have a take soon!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2016, 04:38 PM
Instructor
Great. Do you have any take on that rhythm lesson?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 7 2016, 06:01 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Not yet, but soon... Should I go for a REC on this one, or do you want me to just have a take without putting it on the REC zone?

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:58 PM