5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Gab Jams Blues With You, No more excuses!!
Adam
Dec 12 2018, 04:15 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 12 2018, 02:30 PM) *
No problem mate! Take your time and keep me update here or at the mentoring thread so I can help you with this one. In your previous take, you were targeting Bm chord tones so you tend to end and start your phrases in notes that weren't really connected with the backing. I suspect that this won't happen if you think and play E minor Pentatonic while improvising.

The mode is not in the notes that you play, it's the notes that you emphasize to get the colour, without losing the overal root chord feel. Even playing E dorian, it's important to be able to identify and target notes from E chord, mostly every time that E chord sounds which in this case is dominant. If you play and stay on C# every time that E7 sounds, it will sound "out", and that's what it was happening.

Starting with Pentatonics and gradually adding the notes is what Lord Guthrie taught us.

Thank you, I'll look into it when I get some free time. Playing Dorian mode over it sounds interesting but I'll leave that for later - when I'm more knowledgeable smile.gif

Kris said the same thing before about adding notes to Pentatonics gradually. I think I know where he learned that from wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 13 2018, 03:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam M @ Dec 12 2018, 12:15 PM) *
Thank you, I'll look into it when I get some free time. Playing Dorian mode over it sounds interesting but I'll leave that for later - when I'm more knowledgeable smile.gif

Kris said the same thing before about adding notes to Pentatonics gradually. I think I know where he learned that from wink.gif

Yeah, E Pentatonic minor will work over this one. If you want to go deeper with blues, you need to follow the chords while improvising using arpeggios and modes. We can work on this at the mentoring program thread!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:10 PM