Dod Boneshaker On Sale For $40
yoncopin
Mar 21 2017, 01:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Pretty steep discount from it's usual price of $150. I don't need one, but they sell on eBay for around $100, so no risk here. Thought others may be interested.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 22 2017, 12:04 AM
GMC:er
That 3 band EQ is a killer feature! Also the dept knob ( like on the peavey 5150) is a nice touch smile.gif Putting this before a high gain amp head could really help tame the low end boomy factor. trimming the lows out a pinch before the high gain gets involved. The orange amp "bangeetar" does something similar. For the price it's really hard to beat.

QUOTE (yoncopin @ Mar 21 2017, 08:33 AM) *
Pretty steep discount from it's usual price of $150. I don't need one, but they sell on eBay for around $100, so no risk here. Thought others may be interested.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 22 2017, 09:30 PM
The basic sound suggests its not really my thing but with such fuzz/fuzzy dist.s the first thing I try is lowering the guitars volume.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 23 2017, 03:28 AM
I was thinking of folks using it with the distortion set to zero almost as a parametric boost box smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 22 2017, 04:30 PM) *
The basic sound suggests its not really my thing but with such fuzz/fuzzy dist.s the first thing I try is lowering the guitars volume.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 23 2017, 08:53 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 23 2017, 02:28 AM) *
I was thinking of folks using it with the distortion set to zero almost as a parametric boost box smile.gif

Oh sure, its not quite common but even basic fuzz'es make great boosters. But if one isn't much of a shredder there might be alternate uses for them, I don't expect this one to sound much traditional but still could be nice (hard to be sure without trying). Here's a short video of how I like a fuzz sound;

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 24 2017, 02:39 AM
It is hard to say without trying, but with the dist at zero and the volume up, it seems like it would make a nice boost with parametric eq built in smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 23 2017, 03:53 AM) *
Oh sure, its not quite common but even basic fuzz'es make great boosters. But if one isn't much of a shredder there might be alternate uses for them, I don't expect this one to sound much traditional but still could be nice (hard to be sure without trying). Here's a short video of how I like a fuzz sound;

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 24 2017, 04:39 AM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 23 2017, 12:53 AM) *
Here's a short video of how I like a fuzz sound;

@Mertay - Besides the heavy fuzz tone do you also like the way that fuzz 'cleans up' when you back down the guitar's volume?

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 24 2017, 08:57 AM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Mar 24 2017, 03:39 AM) *
@Mertay - Besides the heavy fuzz tone do you also like the way that fuzz 'cleans up' when you back down the guitar's volume?

Yeah I was actually refering to that with the video, when volume rolled down I really like the smooth od/dist. tone. Reminds me more of amps rather than distortion pedals smile.gif

Also it the becomes like a secret weapon, increase the volume on the guitar and such a huge sound is so un-expected for the audience biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Mar 24 2017, 09:52 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Mar 25 2017, 04:11 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 24 2017, 07:57 AM) *
Yeah I was actually refering to that with the video, when volume rolled down I really like the smooth od/dist. tone. Reminds me more of amps rather than distortion pedals smile.gif

Also it the becomes like a secret weapon, increase the volume on the guitar and such a huge sound is so un-expected for the audience biggrin.gif

As a distortion/overdrive pedal aficionado, what do you look for in these youtube demos? Aside from Trent Reznor, nobody uses these pedals alone, they use them with an amp. But the demo doesn't show what it sounds like when used with _your_ amp. So I never know what I'm supposed to learn from these pedal demos smile.gif.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 25 2017, 06:34 AM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 24 2017, 12:57 AM) *

Definitely!
Have you ever played a Tonebender mk.1 or mk.2 (or Solasound supa Fuzz) style pedal? Germanium fuzz. They have the best clean up of any of that style pedal. Sometimes, depending on the model, even cleaner and more crystalline than a clean amp.
Fuzz Face style pedals achieve this too.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 25 2017, 02:19 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Mar 25 2017, 05:34 AM) *
Definitely!
Have you ever played a Tonebender mk.1 or mk.2 (or Solasound supa Fuzz) style pedal? Germanium fuzz. They have the best clean up of any of that style pedal. Sometimes, depending on the model, even cleaner and more crystalline than a clean amp.
Fuzz Face style pedals achieve this too.

Unfortunatly no as they aren't sold here, I can have access to fuzz face's though. Any specific fuzz face model you can recommend me to try?

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 25 2017, 04:28 PM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Mar 25 2017, 06:19 AM) *
Unfortunatly no as they aren't sold here, I can have access to fuzz face's though. Any specific fuzz face model you can recommend me to try?

To get the best or most 'classic' tone and feel from a real 'fuzz' pedal, you need to use a tube amp that is already breaking up a bit. They can sound cool into into a clean amp but they won't respond as well.

Dunlop makes several Fuzz Face pedals.
The Joe Bonamassa model is a Germ fuzz.
The Eric Johnson model is a silicon model though the BC-183 silicon transistors are not overly gainy.
The Hendrix model JHF-1 is a also a germanium fuzz.

If you don't like the round enclosure (I don't) theres the MXR 'classic 108' which uses a BC-108 (germ) transistor like a classic fuzz face. *MXR is owned and operated by Dunlop.

If you can get your hands on any Fulltone products the '69, '70 and Soulbender are all fuzztones. The 'soulbender' is similar to a Tonebender mk.II (fuzzier than a mk.1)

Way Huge - Havalina (germ fuzz)
Electro Harmonix makes two G fuzz pedals - the Germanium Big Muff and the Germanium OD

I don't know what brands of boutique pedals are available in Turkey but the company ThroBak makes two, the Fuzz Haze (fuzzface) and the Stone Bender (tonebender). They are both outstanding remakes of the originals with a bit more control over the sounds.

To reiterate - best into a slightly cranked tube amp.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Mar 25 2017, 04:29 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 25 2017, 06:23 PM
Thanks! the distributor on ehx, dunlop, wayhuge etc. has a store where I live and I have a good relationship with them. I'll definitly keep your list in mind the next time I go there for coffee smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:54 PM