2 Pages V  < 1 2  
My Filthy Pgm !
mattacuk
May 24 2008, 04:09 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 24 2008, 03:27 PM) *
I use ernie ball strings too, they are very good smile.gif But I don't recommend trying out my gauge smile.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif No I dont think ill try it tongue.gif wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Casper
May 29 2008, 05:52 AM
GMC:er
why clean it? the FILTHiER the BETTER!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:EsP-LtD F-2E, Jackson King V, Fender Strat

MFX: Pandora PX5D, Zoom 505. Sennheiser HD25 mk II Headphones

Blown Amp :(

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 20 2008, 02:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ May 23 2008, 09:30 PM) *

Ooooh.... not just lemon oil... no the Ultimate-Lemon-Oil!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jun 20 2008, 03:39 PM
GMC:er
Darn I thought this was a new thread with pics of your Pgm, but it's an old topic Dx dry.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 20 2008, 03:49 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I see you got plenty of replies already but I want to raise a warning finger, just like when you turn the frequency selector on a radio, install something new over the good old Windows 95, pull out a USB cable without a prior safe remove or driver fast than 70km/h on the second gear of a car - the guitar will, if you remove all strings, explode in your face. laugh.gif
I just got to think of old people who are so scared of the technique they don't dare to use f.ex. a remote control but rather walk up to the TV to change channels.

On a serious note, no problem removing the strings. The neck will get back to normal when you put the new strings on.
I usually detune them until they are all loose before I put the pliers to work cutting.

Clean all the dirt away. I use a cloth and mild wood polish for mine. I also tape the wood around the frets and I use a zero wool to polish the frets. I use paraffine oil on the fretboard, I apply twice since I belive that makes it go a bit deeper. Lemon juice is a classic.

About strings... you should ask Marcus about Elixir wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:38 AM