2 Pages V   1 2 >  
*metallica - Metallica, *a.k.a The Black Album
FretDancer69
Jun 12 2007, 02:09 AM
GMC:er
In my opinion, this is the best album that Metallica has released ever. All of its songs are great, their riffs, their solos, and their lyrics! What do you guys think about this album?

Track Listing (not in order)

1. Enter Sandman (my favorite)
2. Sad But True
3. Nothing Else Matters
4. Of Wolf And Man
5. My Friend of Misery
6. Dont Tread On Me
7. The Struggle Within
8. The God That Failed
9. Unforgiven
10. Wherever I May Roam
11. Holier Than Thou
12. Through The Never

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jun 12 2007, 03:09 AM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 12 2007, 02:14 AM
Learning Roadie
I really love it. I even liked load and reload, and even parts of St Anger (as well as S&M and Garange, Inc) so I guess I'm blasphemous in the eyes of most metallica fans, though I love their early stuff too. Great band. I don't think it's their best album, which IMO is probably ...and justice for all. Followed loosely by ride the lightening, master of puppets, metallica, load, kill em all, reload, and st anger. I suppose.

[edit] I think the track listing in order goes:

1 Enter Sandman
2 Sad But True
3 Holier Than Thou
4 The Unforgiven
5 Wherever I May Roam
6 Don't Tread on Me
7 Through the Never
8 Nothing Else Matters
9 Of Wolf and Man (my favorite track on the album)
10 The God That Failed
11 My Friend of Misery
12 The Struggle Within

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JVM: Jun 12 2007, 02:21 AM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 12 2007, 03:08 AM
well i like some songs in load, but in reload there are only like 3 that i like, s&m was great, garace inc. was ok. But when it comes to St. Anger..idk dude, i didnt like it at all.

Oh, it seems i forgot some tracks. thanks dude.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lespaulrocker
Jun 12 2007, 03:10 AM
@fretdancer- have you listened to Master of Puppets yet? because that is another great album of MetallicA's. In my opinion their best work. RIP Cliff Burton....

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 12 2007, 03:14 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (lespaulrocker @ Jun 11 2007, 08:10 PM) *
@fretdancer- have you listened to Master of Puppets yet? because that is another great album of MetallicA's. In my opinion their best work. RIP Cliff Burton....

sad.gif One of the greats..

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 12 2007, 04:25 AM
QUOTE (lespaulrocker @ Jun 11 2007, 08:10 PM) *

yes Master of Puppets its an artwork, but i didnt mention it since i dont like some of its songs, unlike the black album, which i like all of them. But yes, RIP Cliff Burton, he was one of the best.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kyeric
Jun 12 2007, 08:15 PM
I'm an "old" Metallica fan. Their 1st 4 albums(Kill 'em All, Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets, ...And Justice For All) are all classics.

I'm not one of those that think Metallica sucks because they "sold out", either. If they want to change their style to make more money or for whatever reason, that is up to them. I just enjoy the early stuff much more than the later stuff.

IMO, 1st 4 albums>>>>>>>>>>black>>>load>>>reload>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>st. anger.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 13 2007, 07:58 AM
yea i also prefer the 1st 4 albums (plus black album biggrin.gif) over load, reload and st. anger.

I just hope that the new album thats coming this year is more "old metallica" oriented. Kirk said in an interview that they got crazy fast riffs and some pretty crazy solos as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 13 2007, 11:23 AM
GMC Founder
Yes this is one of my all-time favourite albums. Also one of the first albums I owned! biggrin.gif

The songs are so thoroughly written and arranged - it's incredible...

By the way - I moved this topic to the new board "Bands & Artists" as it isn't really are review, but rather a discussion.

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 13 2007, 05:53 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Of Wolf And Man is a great song, anotehr one of my favorites off this album is Sad But True, great heavy riffage. But my favorite off this album is definetly "The Unforgiven"

+Quote Post
lespaulrocker
Jun 13 2007, 05:57 PM
@fretdancer-
the album is, imo, thier least metal album to date. Most of the songs are very hard rock, but not the metal that metallica is known for. I have nothing against hard rock, but metallica should be doing metal, not hard rock.

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 13 2007, 07:51 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (lespaulrocker @ Jun 13 2007, 10:57 AM) *
@fretdancer-
the album is, imo, thier least metal album to date. Most of the songs are very hard rock, but not the metal that metallica is known for. I have nothing against hard rock, but metallica should be doing metal, not hard rock.

Their LEAST metal? Have you listened to load and reload? Those are like completely hard almost bluesy rock. I think there's elements of their earlier stuff on the black album, but also elements of what would appear in load and reload, kind of an in between album. I could see Holier Than Thou, Through the Never, Of Wolf and Man, and The Struggle Within on some of their earlier albums, everything else sounds fairly similar to what would come on load and reload IMO. But I like those two albums smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 13 2007, 08:08 PM
@Kris: Yea, thats what amazes me most, the lyrics. And how are they combined with the riffs + solos. So much inspiration there, James Hetfield is a great song writer, I get most of my inspirations from his songs tongue.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

Also kris, ive been practicing your Kirk Hammet solo tricks lesson, its great! Since one of my greatest influences is Kirk Hammet i knew that i had to check that lesson out! Thanks kris!:)

@THe Uncreator: Of Wolf And Man is such a great song and its so sticky! But no doubt about Unforgiven, its such a relaxing, calm and great song. And the Solo is unbelieavable.

@lespaulrocker: yea i understand that The Black Album is not very Metal, like Kill Em All for example. And like JVM said, some of its songs still have a metal touch like the old days.

But the least metal album? Load, no doubt about it. Tho i like some songs from Load.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aaron
Jun 14 2007, 01:55 AM
i prefer the album AND JUSTICE FOR ALL its my all time favorite

--------------------
DON'T BUG ME ... I'M PRACTICING

Gear: (new) fender strat , 25g frontman amp,
Wishlist: Ibanez Jem, Flying V natural.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 14 2007, 02:00 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
In terms of metallica i prefer Master Of Puppets or Ride The Lightning

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 14 2007, 02:00 AM
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 13 2007, 06:55 PM) *
i prefer the album AND JUSTICE FOR ALL its my all time favorite

its a great album, but what i dont like about it its the bass. Its totally non-existent in the album. mad.gif sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aaron
Jun 14 2007, 02:19 AM
"its a great album, but what i dont like about it its the bass. Its totally non-existent in the album."
true... but the guitar and drums are great

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 14 2007, 02:30 AM
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 13 2007, 07:19 PM) *
"its a great album, but what i dont like about it its the bass. Its totally non-existent in the album."
true... but the guitar and drums are great

yea no doubt about it, allthough kirk says that the solo's in this album are a bit overplayed. I think it was because of the recent death of burton.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Aaron
Jun 14 2007, 02:35 AM
they are a bit overplayed but i just wish i could play with the same sound that kirk does.
he is just amazing.
although...i really dont like the newer albums that have come out

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 14 2007, 02:38 AM
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 13 2007, 07:35 PM) *
they are a bit overplayed but i just wish i could play with the same sound that kirk does.
he is just amazing.
although...i really dont like the newer albums that have come out

yea the Solos are amazing, specially the One fast solo at the end. Its AMAZING, i think it was ranked #10 top solos, im not sure. Can anybody clear that for me plz.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:56 PM