8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Fusion Collaboration, UPLOAD THREAD
Pedja Simovic
Jan 19 2009, 01:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 19 2009, 01:17 AM) *
Thanks Pedja for the record recommendations. I will for sure check them out !!

Awesome Andy ! I think you can type on Youtube Steps Ahead and hear some cool stuff already there smile.gif

You are definitely not pushing to hard !! I feel a bit like back in school and i really hope you will continue collaborations around chord progressions like that.

I really feel we need to organize a master class series on this kind of lessons. I will talk to Kris and Maria see what they think of it, but idea is to have step by step layout of how to approach complex harmonies. Voice leading soloing, repetition , sequence, motive development, melodic shapes and contour, rhythmic repetition, trough composed soloing, single vs double time feel, odd vs even etc. You get the idea smile.gif

Next collaboration could be Blue Bossa , easier Jazz type, like Berko and some other members suggested Paiva was one I think also smile.gif

I am in the chat now guys so come in if you are around and want to talk a bit about Fusion Collaboration

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jan 19 2009, 03:31 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Ok Pedja, here's my take.

I had to stretch a bit to get this one, especially to stay with the chord changes at the end. Overall, I think it turned out pretty good...anxious to see what everyone thinks. Need to smooth out my legato though. Thanks so much for putting this collab together. It was a blast. I cant' wait to hear everone's takes. cool.gif

Attached File  20090118_Collab_Pedja_wBacking.mp3 ( 474.13K ) Number of downloads: 199

Attached File  20090118_Collab_Pedja_noBacking.mp3 ( 474.13K ) Number of downloads: 186

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JamesT: Jan 19 2009, 05:01 AM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Slammer
Jan 19 2009, 05:00 AM
GMC:er
OK.

Here is my take.

I just want to apologize in advance, right now my recording situation isn't very good at all, So, sorry for the Bad Quality of the recording unsure.gif

And thanks Pedja for making this collab. I have never played much fusion at all, So it was really fun jamming with this BT, and this is a style I further want to explore in the future smile.gif

here it is

Attached File  Slammerfusion_With_BT.mp3 ( 493.92K ) Number of downloads: 195

Attached File  Slammerfusion_NoBT.mp3 ( 489.79K ) Number of downloads: 200

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 19 2009, 11:33 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 19 2009, 12:12 AM) *
Thanks for your take Berko !

It sounds like you recorded couple of different guitar parts at different spots ? wink.gif

Same thing as for everyone - 9 days left , do as many takes as you want and choose the one that rocks hard for you smile.gif

Thanks man

Well ok, I thought it was going to fit nicely over the BT! I recorded the fast runs separately. The slides seem to overlap each other but actually that was some silly solution to connect to the Cm part... and I almost got my fingers tangled forever ohmy.gif Oh, and for the last part I tuned my B string to A to make that open-string legato motif wink.gif Wasn't an easy job to put this stuff together properly... laugh.gif

This was my first fusion attempt ever and I'm really curios about your comments on everybody's take. Thanx again, Pedja and don't refuse to "torture" us with these more "modal" BTs! biggrin.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 19 2009, 12:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JamesT @ Jan 19 2009, 03:31 AM) *
Ok Pedja, here's my take.

I had to stretch a bit to get this one, especially to stay with the chord changes at the end. Overall, I think it turned out pretty good...anxious to see what everyone thinks. Need to smooth out my legato though. Thanks so much for putting this collab together. It was a blast. I cant' wait to hear everone's takes. cool.gif

Attached File  20090118_Collab_Pedja_wBacking.mp3 ( 474.13K ) Number of downloads: 199

Attached File  20090118_Collab_Pedja_noBacking.mp3 ( 474.13K ) Number of downloads: 186

Well done James !

I will comment on it when final mix is done but overall this was really cool smile.gif

QUOTE (Slammer @ Jan 19 2009, 05:00 AM) *
OK.

Here is my take.

I just want to apologize in advance, right now my recording situation isn't very good at all, So, sorry for the Bad Quality of the recording unsure.gif

And thanks Pedja for making this collab. I have never played much fusion at all, So it was really fun jamming with this BT, and this is a style I further want to explore in the future smile.gif

here it is

Attached File  Slammerfusion_With_BT.mp3 ( 493.92K ) Number of downloads: 195

Attached File  Slammerfusion_NoBT.mp3 ( 489.79K ) Number of downloads: 200

No need to apologize Slammer, I will boost your audio in Nuendo somehow !

Thank you for signing up and recording your take. This was really cool like JamesT solo as well.

Perhaps I will make more collabs like this in future - we can talk about it, see what everybody thinks wink.gif

Thanks

QUOTE (berko @ Jan 19 2009, 11:33 AM) *
Well ok, I thought it was going to fit nicely over the BT! I recorded the fast runs separately. The slides seem to overlap each other but actually that was some silly solution to connect to the Cm part... and I almost got my fingers tangled forever ohmy.gif Oh, and for the last part I tuned my B string to A to make that open-string legato motif wink.gif Wasn't an easy job to put this stuff together properly... laugh.gif

This was my first fusion attempt ever and I'm really curios about your comments on everybody's take. Thanx again, Pedja and don't refuse to "torture" us with these more "modal" BTs! biggrin.gif

No worries Berko smile.gif I am curious like you are about everybody's takes. I will take in mind when making comments since this is new approach for you guys, but I wont spare instructors on this cause lets face it they are instructors and should nail this biggrin.gif

Perhaps next collab we can do Blue Bossa type harmony , what do you think about it ? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Jan 19 2009, 12:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Paiva
Jan 19 2009, 03:08 PM
OK my take is here
Attached File  Fusion_Collab_backing.mp3 ( 469.8K ) Number of downloads: 224

With no backing track I will have to upload in WAV (having problems in encoding to mp3 sry)

Attached File  Fusion_Collab_backing.wav ( 5.05MB ) Number of downloads: 131

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Antonio Pinto de Carvalho Classical Guitar
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:
Epiphone Studio 10s combo
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe!!!!!!!!!!

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

2nd song :) Please go check it and post something ;) (again link below)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 19 2009, 03:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Paiva @ Jan 19 2009, 03:08 PM) *
OK my take is here
Attached File  Fusion_Collab_backing.mp3 ( 469.8K ) Number of downloads: 224

With no backing track I will have to upload in WAV (having problems in encoding to mp3 sry)

Attached File  Fusion_Collab_backing.wav ( 5.05MB ) Number of downloads: 131

Thanks Paiva, I am sending you PM about it now wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 19 2009, 06:36 PM
Instructor
Hi guys,

Here is another improvised solo that I consider to be in the Easy or Beginner category.

I will record more now, hope you find it useful !

Pedja

Ok here is two more improvisations that I named Beginner ones. I am really using penatatonic and aeolian mode - nothing crazy going on.

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Jan 19 2009, 06:48 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Pedja__s_easy_improvisation.mp3 ( 938.78K ) Number of downloads: 200
Attached File  Pedja__s_beginner_improvisation.mp3 ( 938.78K ) Number of downloads: 196
Attached File  Pedja__s_beginner_improvisation_02.mp3 ( 938.78K ) Number of downloads: 230

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 19 2009, 11:26 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 19 2009, 01:27 AM) *
I really feel we need to organize a master class series on this kind of lessons. I will talk to Kris and Maria see what they think of it, but idea is to have step by step layout of how to approach complex harmonies. Voice leading soloing, repetition , sequence, motive development, melodic shapes and contour, rhythmic repetition, trough composed soloing, single vs double time feel, odd vs even etc. You get the idea

Somehow i did not read this ohmy.gif ... that would be awesome !! As i said already, you often find the right words to explain these things. A structured step by step series would be great .. and a guided collab like this one parallel to each lesson, man, please do it !!

+Quote Post
Paiva
Jan 19 2009, 11:54 PM
Hi again a redone take biggrin.gif

Attached File  Fusion_Collab_backing.mp3.mp3 ( 469.8K ) Number of downloads: 249

and Sry again for uploading in WAV but the encoder is acting stupid just with the no backing tracks don't ask me why :S

Attached File  Fusion_Collab_backing_nb_.wav ( 2.5MB ) Number of downloads: 172

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 19 2009, 11:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Paiva @ Jan 19 2009, 11:54 PM) *
Hi again a redone take biggrin.gif

Attached File  Fusion_Collab_backing.mp3.mp3 ( 469.8K ) Number of downloads: 249

and Sry again for uploading in WAV but the encoder is acting stupid just with the no backing tracks don't ask me why :S

Attached File  Fusion_Collab_backing_nb_.wav ( 2.5MB ) Number of downloads: 172

Thanks Paiva !

Don't worry about WAV its usable in Nuendo I will mix it after 28th.
Nice take by the way smile.gif

QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 19 2009, 11:26 PM) *
Somehow i did not read this ohmy.gif ... that would be awesome !! As i said already, you often find the right words to explain these things. A structured step by step series would be great .. and a guided collab like this one parallel to each lesson, man, please do it !!

Cool Andy , I am glad you like the idea. Let me ask you this... Are you saying that on each topic, there should be different collaboration ? For example repetition , and then one collab, other one would be odd vs even then another collab on that etc?
I am not sure I understood that correctly , correct me if I am wrong ?

I am open to ideas and suggestions always !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Paiva
Jan 20 2009, 12:02 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 19 2009, 11:12 AM) *
Perhaps next collab we can do Blue Bossa type harmony , what do you think about it ? smile.gif

By the way this would be awesome man wink.gif

--------------------
GEAR:

Guitars:
PRS SE Custom
Epiphone SG Special
Fender 12 strings
[/color]

Amp:

Pedals:
Kork AX5G
Boss RC-2

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 20 2009, 12:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Paiva @ Jan 20 2009, 12:02 AM) *
By the way this would be awesome man wink.gif

Great Paiva !
I know you requested it, I am really thinking about it , but lets first wait and see how this collab turns out wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 20 2009, 12:19 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 19 2009, 11:59 PM) *
Cool Andy , I am glad you like the idea. Let me ask you this... Are you saying that on each topic, there should be different collaboration ? For example repetition , and then one collab, other one would be odd vs even then another collab on that etc?

Hey Pedja, I see I've almost missed some important discussions here cool.gif

This step-by-step collab series would be a great idea.

I can see now why you've organized such collabs so far (and why you plan a bossa as an upcoming idea). When I always read about your suggestions in the first post of these collabs about sequences, motif development etc. it is clear that your aim is not to simply torture us with complex backings and you surely help a lot when we ask. However, when I browse GMC and other stuff to help me out on creating something that at least a little resembles fusion or funk in your collabs it makes it a bit difficult and that's why I think even GMC is limited to only providing some (passive) examples rather than helping in composition with giving feedback live and supporting a platform to present our humble stuff (and parallel to this: getting us develop even more).

What Andy suggested, if I understand it correctly, is to provide these collabs but merging them with special guidelines. So in each collab we focus on different composition skills and we do that by doing our stuff and learn new theory related to it. Such masterclass series would be an awesome initiative and as far as I see it there are many members willing to participate (including meeee cool.gif ).

I'm curious about your thought on this subject, Pedja!
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Oh and btw a first approach could be what you have just done with this collab: make your own solos to create lessons that are closely related to each collab. Anyway, some structure will be definitely needed to keep this together. It would be a pity to let such organized info (like your epic posts) simply sink to the bottom of our mighty GMC forum... rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by berko: Jan 20 2009, 12:24 AM

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 20 2009, 12:20 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 19 2009, 11:59 PM) *

Yes, something like this. smile.gif
If you cover a topic (complex harmonies, voice leading soloing, repetition , motive development, melodic shapes, ...) in one lesson of this series, it could be cool to work on the same topic in the next collab.

This collab for example is a bit different as usual. Normally the comments are only at the end, but you guide everybody already a bit to optimize his take. This approach would be great to really work on these topics. Collab is maybe not the right word .. it's a bit like a classroom smile.gif

@berko : exactly smile.gif ... a lot of theory is explained in lessons, but to work on this we are often on our own. To get started with topics like this, some initial guide would be really helpful !

This post has been edited by wrk: Jan 20 2009, 12:25 AM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 20 2009, 12:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (berko @ Jan 20 2009, 12:19 AM) *
Hey Pedja, I see I've almost missed some important discussions here cool.gif

This step-by-step collab series would be a great idea.

I can see now why you've organized such collabs so far (and why you plan a bossa as an upcoming idea). When I always read about your suggestions in the first post of these collabs about sequences, motif development etc. it is clear that your aim is not to simply torture us with complex backings and you surely help a lot when we ask. However, when I browse GMC and other stuff to help me out on creating something that at least a little resembles fusion or funk in your collabs it makes it a bit difficult and that's why I think even GMC is limited to only providing some (passive) examples rather than helping in composition with giving feedback live and supporting a platform to present our humble stuff (and parallel to this: getting us develop even more).

What Andy suggested, if I understand it correctly, is to provide these collabs but merging them with special guidelines. So in each collab we focus on different composition skills and we do that by doing our stuff and learn new theory related to it. Such masterclass series would be an awesome initiative and as far as I see it there are many members willing to participate (including meeee cool.gif ).

I'm curious about your thought on this subject, Pedja!
biggrin.gif

Berko I am with you 100 % on this.

I will talk to Kris and Maria and see what they think of the whole idea.

It would be great to have you in that masterclass for sure !

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 20 2009, 12:27 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 20 2009, 12:24 AM) *
Berko I am with you 100 % on this.

I will talk to Kris and Maria and see what they think of the whole idea.

It would be great to have you in that masterclass for sure !

wooohooo, something big is gonna happen here cool.gif

with other enthusiastic members no obstacles could stop us... ph34r.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 20 2009, 12:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 20 2009, 12:20 AM) *
Yes, something like this. smile.gif
If you cover a topic (complex harmonies, voice leading soloing, repetition , motive development, melodic shapes, ...) in one lesson of this series, it could be cool to work on the same topic in the next collab.

This collab for example is a bit different as usual. Normally the comments are only at the end, but you guide everybody already a bit to optimize his take. This approach would be great to really work on these topics. Collab is maybe not the right word .. it's a bit like a classroom smile.gif

@berko : exactly smile.gif ... a lot of theory is explained in lessons, but to work on this we are often on our own. To get started with topics like this, some initial guide would be really helpful !

I agree with you Andy as well !
So if I understood this correctly , I create a lesson over some backing track, and I use Repetition entirely , perhaps another device, like melodic shapes. Now we use that same backing track for Collaboration where you guys are asked you compose or improvise your solo using only these two devices ! I guide you and give you some rhythmic tips, record more solo samples (like I did for Fusion collab today) and I answer your questions. When the final mix is done , I comment and tell what was good and not so good like so far and point you where you need more work.

Am I getting warm or ?

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 20 2009, 12:29 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 20 2009, 12:28 AM) *
I agree with you Andy as well !
So if I understood this correctly , I create a lesson over some backing track, and I use Repetition entirely , perhaps another device, like melodic shapes. Now we use that same backing track for Collaboration where you guys are asked you compose or improvise your solo using only these two devices ! I guide you and give you some rhythmic tips, record more solo samples (like I did for Fusion collab today) and I answer your questions. When the final mix is done , I comment and tell what was good and not so good like so far and point you where you need more work.

Am I getting warm or ?

smile.gif

Great concept, was thinking the same as well. Lesson-based "classrooms" could then give a structure to the whole idea.

--------------------
High speed, low drag

HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 20 2009, 12:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (berko @ Jan 20 2009, 12:29 AM) *
Great concept, was thinking the same as well. Lesson-based "classrooms" could then give a structure to the whole idea.

Awesome !
If everything goes as planed, this might start from next collaboration , and I already have tons of stuff planed for you guys to have fun with - I think you will really enjoy it.

One other thing regarding lesson based classrooms... This will be much easier to do and control once I finish my instructor video and get instructor board. I can then open up a specific section that could be called Collaboration Masterclass even Composing, Arranging, Ear Traning, Theory and Harmony etc. I think you get the idea smile.gif

So I promise to do my best, I will finish lesson on Fusion solo tonight and tomorrow and then I will get to Instructor video next smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:41 AM