Vintage Rack Unit Price Spike And Demo
Todd Simpson
Jun 12 2021, 10:08 AM
GMC:er
This is Mr Leon Todd doing a demo of the 1991 INTELLIFEX rack unit. it's an ancient rack unit but it sounds pretty cool. In the video he says you can get one for $150. Well, just like when I started making vids about old ART rack units, now the prices have gone crazy. If you want one from reverb, (not shipped from japan that is) they want

$725!!!!
https://reverb.com/item/41175511-rocktron-i...cUtZR8GkSFxJ03s

Or this one a bit more beat up for over $400!!!
https://reverb.com/item/40799281-rocktron-i..._xoCTicQAvD_BwE

this unit sounds pretty darn cool, especially considering it is decades old. What do you guys think? Have you seen this any cheaper?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 12 2021, 10:12 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 12 2021, 04:48 PM
What cracks me up about all this is that software now is better and more tweakable than those rack units ever were.
The noise floor on most of that stuff is unacceptable in today's recording environment.
Nostalgia.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 12 2021, 06:13 PM
Agreed. It's pure nostalgia. These are ancient, noisey units, that have no business in modern recording. That said, I still love playing around with old rack gear as it's just wads of fun smile.gif Sadly, like old ibbys, the prices of this stuff has just gone nuts. No way is that old thing worth $400.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 12 2021, 11:48 AM) *
What cracks me up about all this is that software now is better and more tweakable than those rack units ever were.
The noise floor on most of that stuff is unacceptable in today's recording environment.
Nostalgia.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 12 2021, 09:47 PM
Here is yet another bit of rack gear I'd like but these are crazy price like 2k. This piece is actually good enough to be used studio/recording/etc. it can be much cheaper in software of course. But id love to mess around with one. The plugin H3000 is only 30 bux a month so that's far more likely smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:32 PM