> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Beginner Bending Workout, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Anese
Jan 12 2017, 11:16 AM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Beginner Bending Workout by Darius Wave

Hello :) wish you a great year all

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=57669

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 12 2017, 12:58 PM
Instructor
Hi man, this is an excellent take. Your bending accuracy is very impressive and you've got really good control over the technique as well as good control over your timing and tone.

There was only one bend that wasn't 100% on pitch. The semitone bend at 0:31 sounds just a little sharp to my ears but in a real live performance it would definitely be good enough. We just have to be strict and point every little thing out.

However, overall this was great. Those unison bends sounded just fine this time around.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2017, 10:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese!

That's brilliant! I could follow your hard work at the mentoring program and this is the well deserved result. A killer take with just one or maybe two small details to adjust.

It's a pleasure to have the opportunity of guiding your practice.

Congrats mate.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 17 2017, 03:03 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

This is a really strong take. Your constant focus on pitch have to be noticed and appreciated. You have fixed almost everything mentioned under your previous take. Especially the second part sound much better. There are still a few bends to become even more precise pitch-wise. Those bends are in the final part - like 0:57. I think you have a good control over bends that are based on "smooth intervals", like 4th, 5th and duplicated notes. You need to get your ears used to pitch over 3rd's as well. Aside from this I have to congratulate you - your hard work gave great results. Well done!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 18 2017, 01:22 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 9

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:38 PM