Rough Draft Of Something I'm Working On
enlo22
Sep 18 2013, 12:05 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
So my friend wants to film something for a blog and told me to come up with something short for it so I came up with this, the ending is a little crappy but it's just a rough draft of the final one so hopefully i can get some tips etc from you guys! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W364hSnZr4g

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2013, 09:38 AM
Instructor
Marco, your chops get better and better each day biggrin.gif

I think that you should just focus more on playing with better articulation (bending and vibrato) from 0:32 onward, as the ideas are good. They just need more interpretation - feeling as they say biggrin.gif Keep rocking, my friend!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2013, 04:59 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I really like the direction of this tune. I think that you have a good balance between fast licks and more melodic phrases. There are some parts that need more practice but nothing too serious. Also try to put your guitar louder in the mix.

I don't know how this track will evolve but my suggestion is to create something that could work as a chorus... something epic, very melodic that makes everybody remember your song.

Keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Sep 18 2013, 06:57 PM
GMC:er
Very nice work, I like it.

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2013, 07:21 AM
Instructor
Gabe is right, you should also think about building up a tune out of this one - so, as last time, a structure could be a good starting point smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 19 2013, 09:35 AM
Instructor
I think this piece has got potential. As Cosmin says, your chops are evolving every time we see you !

I don't particular like the sound of the tapping.. that definitely shouts out 'technical exercise' !

To form better melodies look at the chords you're using to form the backing track. What are they ? Instead of just thinking in one scale (which I used to be guilty of too) think about using the chord tones of each new chord it moves to. If it starts on Dm for example.. then pick the chord tones and arpeggios around Dm, if the next chord is F, then look at the shapes around that - you'll be getting F Major shapes then. Altho you could technically stay in the Dm scale throughout, it's not as rewarding as 'changing' with the chords.

+Quote Post
enlo22
Sep 19 2013, 12:55 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hey guys thanks for your replies! they always help me improve. Ben you're right, i'm going to deff look into the who chord tone thing!
gabe i'm going to probably add some more parts to this and the whole chorus part for suree. Cosmin i'm going to pay more attention to those things such as vibrato etc! thanks for the advice and the compliments as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 19 2013, 10:54 PM
Instructor
That's a nice one! You got some nice potential like guys said. But remember - don't forget to put some work in the whole mix when You'll be finishing...this drum tone can distract from Your playing tongue.gif Anyway - some great stuff going on. Keep sharing Your progress on this one smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 20 2013, 07:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Sep 19 2013, 11:55 AM) *
Hey guys thanks for your replies! they always help me improve. Ben you're right, i'm going to deff look into the who chord tone thing!
gabe i'm going to probably add some more parts to this and the whole chorus part for suree. Cosmin i'm going to pay more attention to those things such as vibrato etc! thanks for the advice and the compliments as well.

Well, if you wanna focus on building up your bending and articulation technique in general - I would definitely recommend you to tackle these two lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The-Vo...Of-Your-Guitar/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The-Vo...-Your-Guitar-2/

Shameless plug, I know tongue.gif but try them and let me know what ya think wink.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 20 2013, 07:29 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 20 2013, 09:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 20 2013, 07:28 AM) *
Well, if you wanna focus on building up your bending and articulation technique in general - I would definitely recommend you to tackle these two lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The-Vo...Of-Your-Guitar/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The-Vo...-Your-Guitar-2/

Shameless plug, I know tongue.gif but try them and let me know what ya think wink.gif

I definitely recommend those too !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 20 2013, 03:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Sep 19 2013, 08:55 AM) *

Excellent! I'm curious to know how this one evolves. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 21 2013, 05:58 PM
Instructor
Thanks Ben tongue.gif And Marco - keep working hard mate! Let us know if we can provide more help, k?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:22 AM