2 Pages V   1 2 >  
I Love John Frusciante !
Nighthawk1
Jan 23 2008, 01:52 PM
GMC:er
Hey folks,
I thought I could open up a new topic about one of my favourite guitar player John Frusciante. I know that there is already a topic about him, but this thread seemed to be pretty dead. Well, first question....does anyone know what the hell John is doing in parallel universe (californication). I always wondered what kind of great effect that is, it seems impossible to me to copy that even if you know exactly what he is doing in that song. Thx for posting answers....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 23 2008, 02:33 PM
I know he uses a Mooger-Fooger Phaser for the end of the song.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 23 2008, 02:33 PM
All the pedals he owned back then include

- MXR Micro Amp
- Boss DS-2
- EHX Big Muff Pi
- Boss Master Switch (the red one)
- EHX Holy Grail
- MXR Micro Amp (again)
- Mooger-Fooger 12 Stage Phaser (used to use a Phase 90)
- Ibanez WH-10
- Boss CE-1 Chorus Ensemble
- Boss FV-50 Volume pedal
- Ibanez WH-10 (again)
- Zvex Fuzz Factory
- Digitech Digital Delay
- EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress
- Line6 FM-4 Filter Modeller
- Line6 DL-4 Delay Modeller

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jan 23 2008, 02:55 PM
Thx for that dude,
now I try to find out what a Mooger-Fooger Phaser is... wink.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 23 2008, 02:58 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Jan 23 2008, 01:55 PM) *
Thx for that dude,
now I try to find out what a Mooger-Fooger Phaser is... wink.gif

It is a weird one smile.gif I'd imagine any phaser would do the trick but I thought you'd want to know exactly what he uses. He's an interesting guitarist and I've seen RHCP live before and was impressed. I do think they have gone down hill though over last few albums.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 23 2008, 05:09 PM
John Frusciante is one of the guitarist who got me playing guitar tongue.gif
He's got a really unique and melodic style ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 23 2008, 07:54 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
He is definitely one of my favorite guitarists...He is so full of brilliant ideas and has a great style..Loved what he did on the newest Stadium Arcadium.. wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 23 2008, 11:46 PM
Instructor
Great musician John is. I really dig his style completely, know how to play many songs of RHCP and really analyzed him a lot. His singing is great too.

At the end of parallel there are several guitars overdubbed with a lot of feedback, using tremolo bar and some effects (don't know what exactly). At the very end you can hear a loud switch turning the amp off.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 23 2008, 11:52 PM
mhmm his stuff is always fun to play.. my bassist loves the riffs in RHCP smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Gus
Jan 24 2008, 01:45 AM
Hey,

Frusciante is really amazing on the music he can produce (specially in combination with Flea)

I guess that people who just look into shredding speed would never put him into top 10, but yes he is one of my favorite guitarists...
A strong combination of rhythm and appropriate solos and effects.

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jan 28 2008, 02:13 PM
Instructor
I think John Frusciante is an excellent guitarist and he is so expressive in his playing! I really like him!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Apr 28 2008, 07:38 PM
Hi there,
I was just wondering what scale John uses exactly in his Californication solo. Because the F# confuses me a little?! Thanks in advance guys !! biggrin.gif

By this occasion can somebody also tell me how the hell I can paste some guitar pro tab bars in here in order to show you the solo part ?

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Apr 28 2008, 07:49 PM

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 28 2008, 11:10 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gus @ Jan 23 2008, 08:45 PM) *
Hey,

Frusciante is really amazing on the music he can produce (specially in combination with Flea)

I guess that people who just look into shredding speed would never put him into top 10, but yes he is one of my favorite guitarists...
A strong combination of rhythm and appropriate solos and effects.

No but john can actually play very fast if he wants too, I seen it, I seen it!

He's one of my favorites biggrin.gif Chili peppers are one of my favorite bands.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 28 2008, 11:15 PM
Instructor
good musician

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Apr 29 2008, 12:26 AM
I LoveJohn

Join the club, we have t-shirts ! laugh.gif

ChiliPeppers have been my alltime favorite band for awhile.

And after 20 years there still producing great music, awesome smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Apr 29 2008, 06:29 AM
QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Apr 28 2008, 08:38 PM) *
Hi there,
I was just wondering what scale John uses exactly in his Californication solo. Because the F# confuses me a little?! Thanks in advance guys !! biggrin.gif

By this occasion can somebody also tell me how the hell I can paste some guitar pro tab bars in here in order to show you the solo part ?

Hey, GMC can nobody help me with that out ?.... sad.gif

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jun 29 2008, 11:47 AM
Hey there GMC...in the following a little excursion in the Italian language...for the interested.....I just wanted to add this little information about the right pronunciation of Frusciante 'cause it is often pronunciated wrong.
Frusciante is actually an Italian name...which could mean John has Italian roots...but however if you ask an Italian to speak that name out he will not speak out the I in FruscIante....so the "I" has only a particular function namely it indicates that sc is pronounced "sh" like in shoe, sharp, shine...if the "I" wasn't there it was pronounced sch like school, squier, scholarship...
Put it in a nutshell the " I " is not spoken it has only the function that you know sc is spoken "soft" and not "hard"....
I am not Italian but I speak Italian...so sometimes somebody who learned it can explain it better than a native speaker because he never learned any rules just knows what is right and what is wrong without knowing the rules behind it.. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 29 2008, 12:03 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I love his playing too. I even wrote a wiki about him xD check it out tongue.gif

It's cool that Gabs has done a new fruscinate style lesson (number three) and Ivan has done one very recently, namely today tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jun 29 2008, 12:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
You made me research about him and I am really grateful!!! He is really awesome, I love him. biggrin.gif I just read that he played (or plays?) in the band Red Hot Chili Peppers. :-O I´ll be checking out each song of this band and their guitarist. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 29 2008, 10:09 PM
Instructor
You can check out my new RHCP style lesson smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:26 PM