2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Cables, Is there a huge difference?
VinceG
Jul 14 2008, 11:58 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Marshmall0wz @ Apr 26 2008, 05:39 PM) *
I REALLY recommend MONSTER CABLES because they are covered FOR LIFE. that's right you will never need to buy another one again.

Unless you need more cables! Anyway, congrats on your new Monster Cable. I've been using mine for 3 years now, and they are as rugged, durable, and noiseless as the day I bought them. I don't think I will ever replace these things because there so thick and rugged. I wouldn't be shocked if after 20 years of playing, I'm still using the same cables laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Jul 15 2008, 12:43 AM
I got a monster cable from when i started and the thing has last a while. Now it's starting to die out fast after 1 year. Imo try out cables that are ABOVE $20

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 15 2008, 01:12 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Is there a "hearable" difference between different cables (models) etc ?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 15 2008, 01:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 15 2008, 02:12 AM) *
Is there a "hearable" difference between different cables (models) etc ?

There is some but you cannot hear it on every piece of gear actually.
Some cables are not reproducing enough highs but
lets say your sound doesn't includes those highs in a first place.
Or bass,or midds.
But there's also power/output matter.
Some cables just run it better without many losses. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
jdriver
Jul 16 2008, 07:54 PM
One big factor in the sound of cables is their capacitance and how it build up with long cable runs. Use as short cables as possible, especially if you have a lot of pedals and set up "true bypass".

That said, all of the brands mentioned (Monster, Eminence, George L's, etc.) have all had good reviews for sound and durability.

I think the best bang for the buck is George L's, although I have no long term experience on how they hold up. I know Eric Johnson swears by them.

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 16 2008, 08:11 PM
Instructor
I've mentioned George L cables earlier in this thread, but i cant recommend them enough. I've had the same George L's patches in my rack-setup for 5+ years now. Never changed a single one. I use 10 of them to get my rack operational.

Another cable i can recommend as a longer instrument cable are Fender Vintage Voltage cables. They wont cost you an arm either.
I've used a 5meter one for 2 years soon, never a problem and havent noticed any loss of frequencies/signals. The plugs are quite sturdy and durable too.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jul 17 2008, 09:18 AM
I personally think that there is a noticeable difference between cheapo cables, and good cables like Monster, Mogami, or Planet Waves. If you gig or record definitely invest in good cables.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Jul 17 2008, 03:39 PM
Mogami cables here. Very flexible/durable.

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:46 AM