Andy James Solo Competition Take, My take (finally) :D
sammetal92
Feb 7 2014, 09:12 AM
GMC:er
Darius pumped me a while ago to take part in a guitar contest, so this is me participating in the Andy James Solo contest biggrin.gif

I'm not anywhere near the level of the players who are participating in the contest, and I have absolutely no chance of being even in the top ten but I just did this for fun and experience of taking part in a guitar contest without expecting winning anything, so please don't hate me cool.gif I just came up with a melody, I think I didn't even practice it enough and I just recorded it tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 7 2014, 12:02 PM
Instructor
I'm proud of You! PArticipating in competition can open many other doors even if You think You are not a competition to other players. Well done Man! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Feb 7 2014, 12:43 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 7 2014, 11:02 AM) *
I'm proud of You! PArticipating in competition can open many other doors even if You think You are not a competition to other players. Well done Man! smile.gif

All thanks to you Darius biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 7 2014, 01:01 PM
Instructor
Hey Sam! Congrats for entering mate smile.gif

It's not about winning - it's all about gathering experience as a player and meeting people. When you win one, you will want to win another and so on.. But the relationships that you build with people, they can change your life and improve you as a musician and human being!

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Feb 7 2014, 01:18 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 7 2014, 12:01 PM) *
Hey Sam! Congrats for entering mate smile.gif

It's not about winning - it's all about gathering experience as a player and meeting people. When you win one, you will want to win another and so on.. But the relationships that you build with people, they can change your life and improve you as a musician and human being!

Thanks biggrin.gif And yep, that's one of the most important things I've gotten since I've joined GMC too cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 8 2014, 07:59 AM
Instructor
GMC is the perfect example of international guitar community - helping one another develop themselves regardless of the level or other things. It's a bit utopic, if you ask me, but this place is living proof that it's possible smile.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Feb 8 2014, 08:15 AM
Totally agreed smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 8 2014, 12:36 PM
Instructor
So....are there already some new friends/ subscribers ?smile.gif))

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Feb 8 2014, 03:46 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Feb 8 2014, 11:36 AM) *
So....are there already some new friends/ subscribers ?smile.gif))

Naah not yet, the first feedback I got on my youtube upload was actually a dislike laugh.gif This competition is a bit different from others I think. Its just like a 53 second take from everyone and then they don't care laugh.gif but yeah it was a pretty cool experience, but I took my time coming up with a half decent melody and then (somewhat) practicing my solo tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 8 2014, 06:09 PM
Instructor
People who don't get dislikes are aliens biggrin.gif so...be happy of Your first dislikes biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 9 2014, 10:04 AM
Instructor
Yeah, I know exactly what Darius speaks about smile.gif

I received a lot of weird comments on Youtube all the time, so nothing new here - but everything comes with a price, right? laugh.gif

Kidding aside, you should keep on doing things - record, post, get engaged into competitions and collaborations over the internet and so on. This is how you build it mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Feb 10 2014, 03:30 PM
Yeah I plan on doing that smile.gif still, at least for newbies, getting negative feedback that isn't constructive kinda hits pretty hard, but I just try to shrug it off tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 11 2014, 08:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Feb 10 2014, 02:30 PM) *
Yeah I plan on doing that smile.gif still, at least for newbies, getting negative feedback that isn't constructive kinda hits pretty hard, but I just try to shrug it off tongue.gif

Sam - there is a VERY important thing you must know: what's easier? Practicing, trying, working hard and believing in something, or sitting behind a computer screen and writing negative stuff about people who are trying? You choose and go the right way wink.gif You'll see that, time and dedication solve everything together!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2014, 12:43 PM
Instructor
How did I miss this one?? Hey Sam! Congrats on joining your first youtube competition! Your solo sounds good, there is nothing that sounds out of place or bad played. Keep going!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Feb 11 2014, 03:40 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 11 2014, 07:17 AM) *
Sam - there is a VERY important thing you must know: what's easier? Practicing, trying, working hard and believing in something, or sitting behind a computer screen and writing negative stuff about people who are trying? You choose and go the right way wink.gif You'll see that, time and dedication solve everything together!

Thanks Cos! smile.gif That really sets everything in place and I never really thought about it before tongue.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 11 2014, 11:43 AM) *
How did I miss this one?? Hey Sam! Congrats on joining your first youtube competition! Your solo sounds good, there is nothing that sounds out of place or bad played. Keep going!! smile.gif

Thanks Gab! smile.gif I think it doesn't sound bad tongue.gif Just a bit more work on the fast parts biggrin.gif I'm gonna get there soon though tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 12 2014, 08:11 AM
Instructor
Make that a constant reminder smile.gif Those who try, fight, dare and dream are those who usually make it!

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Feb 15 2014, 10:26 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 12 2014, 07:11 AM) *
Make that a constant reminder smile.gif Those who try, fight, dare and dream are those who usually make it!

Thanks mate cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2014, 08:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Feb 15 2014, 09:26 PM) *
Thanks mate cool.gif

Nothing to it wink.gif Just making sure you guys don't let yourselves put down by mean people smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:49 PM