Scar Symmetry - Dark Matter Dimensions, Sheer Brilliance!!
The Uncreator
Oct 24 2009, 06:49 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
So this past week I have been non stop listening to Scar Symmetry's new album Dark Matter Dimensions. Since Christian Alvestrom left, I was worried how it would turn out. But the album is amazing, I think the decision to use 2 singers has worked out wonderfully for them. On top of superior, smooth and epic clean vocals by Lars Palmqvist, Roberth Karlsson has some epic and just evil growls. And since he focuses on this and not cleans, he also brings a great amount of screams to Scar Symmetry. With a tinge of Black Metal to them, this adds a new and welcomed dimension to Dark Matter Dimensions.

And as always, the guitar work is simply Phenomenal!! Heavy and violent riffs coupled with beautiful melodies and brilliant solo work make for a completely fresh sounding album. Also, lyrically this is by far there best work. I might be biased because of all the science/ science fiction style themes, but that aspect aside, they are just extremely well written.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:54 PM