2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Nicknames?
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2013, 01:26 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! This thread is to the ones that would like to share the nickname that uses your friends to call you. In my group of friends, many of us has a nickname just for fun,, sometimes these don't have too much sense but it's funny... for example mine is "Colorado" that means "Red Haired", they started to call me like these once that I coloured my hair trying to get it clearer and the colour gotten was weird, and close to red...

What's yours? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 17 2013, 01:57 PM
Instructor
Hey Colorado man! biggrin.gif Firends used to call me "Wawrzyn" shortcut from my last name "Wawrzyniak" which would be "Lauren" in English smile.gif
Anyway....for my international friends I had to create an easy nick name like "Darius Wave" which is also a shorcut smile.gif I made if after some I heard some Korean guy trying to spell "Dariusz Wawrzyniak" biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2013, 02:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 17 2013, 09:57 AM) *
Hey Colorado man! biggrin.gif Firends used to call me "Wawrzyn" shortcut from my last name "Wawrzyniak" which would be "Lauren" in English smile.gif
Anyway....for my international friends I had to create an easy nick name like "Darius Wave" which is also a shorcut smile.gif I made if after some I heard some Korean guy trying to spell "Dariusz Wawrzyniak" biggrin.gif

haha so you decided to simplified your name. That a good move man.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 17 2013, 03:02 PM
Instructor
That was a "must" because how can You remember a name that You can't even spell biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2013, 03:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 17 2013, 11:02 AM) *
That was a "must" because how can You remember a name that You can't even spell biggrin.gif

"that guy with the complex surname" ...that would be your nickname... laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 17 2013, 03:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 17 2013, 02:28 PM) *
"that guy with the complex surname" ...that would be your nickname... laugh.gif

You can laugh but try to spell Wawrzyniak - it should be something like "Vavgynyak" not like the guy in the movie:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2013, 05:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 17 2013, 11:53 AM) *
You can laugh but try to spell Wawrzyniak - it should be something like "Vavgynyak" not like the guy in the movie:

hahaha epic!! laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 17 2013, 06:24 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Mine is "Krise", like I use on facebook. I got it in 5th grade when I was talking to a friend, and another friend called me by my old nickname "Chrissi"...and that other guy got it wrong and said "your nickname is Krise? How cool is that?!" 1 hour later everyone in the class called me Krise.
Fun Fact: Krise means "crisis" in english...but that is purely a coincidence smile.gif

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Jul 17 2013, 06:24 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 17 2013, 07:20 PM
GMC:er
I don't have one >_> I am the self proclaimed Prince of Darkness though tongue.gif Oh, and sometimes, people close to me call me Yashu, like all my cousins do smile.gif
What else.. I don't remember. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jul 17 2013, 10:45 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
i hate nicknames. i thinks it all good between bro's. but i work at a job where people nickname each other and most arnt cool. they chose nicknames based on faults then use thos names to describe people they dont know, and to aslo describe them to people that dont know them, its like high school with vegas csino workers. but i do have nicknames for my girl and friends and that all good and fun.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 18 2013, 08:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 17 2013, 06:24 PM) *
Fun Fact: Krise means "crisis" in english...but that is purely a coincidence smile.gif

That is no coincidence ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 18 2013, 09:32 PM
Learning Roadie
You tell him Bennykins

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 18 2013, 09:56 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Well, I might be a crisis for a certain british dude who put days of work into his new collab backing track...

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 18 2013, 10:09 PM
My high-school nickname was - Ace. And i kinda dug that, until i found out there's also a swedish group with such name ph34r.gif
When i've got on GMC, i got a nickname Slav, which is perhaps kinda cooler .Thank you.

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jul 18 2013, 10:56 PM) *
Well, I might be a crisis for a certain british dude who put days of work into his new collab backing track...

Come on, Bennie meant' you're in creativity crisis - with making your videos where you look intelectual-like laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Jul 18 2013, 10:10 PM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 18 2013, 10:24 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I don't remember such a video...but you gave me an idea for the next video collab!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jul 18 2013, 11:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 19 2013, 07:09 AM) *
My high-school nickname was - Ace. And i kinda dug that, until i found out there's also a swedish group with such name ph34r.gif
When i've got on GMC, i got a nickname Slav, which is perhaps kinda cooler .Thank you.

Slav is a cool nickname!

My first sounds like a nickname already, can't really shorten that!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Jul 18 2013, 11:22 PM
Funny thread. I've had heaps of nicknames one of which was patress because I used to lay around all day biggrin.gif

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 19 2013, 07:25 AM
I guess I gave Slav the nickname Slav tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jul 19 2013, 08:22 AM
Learning Tone Master
At the moment I have no nickname because I choose to use my real name. But many years, close friends call me "Tripy" because some years ago (when I was still in love with Kirk Hammett) biggrin.gif I wanted to make a band called Tripyx (then still played at keyboards). My friends shortened Tripyx in Tripy. But now I prefer my name: Monica smile.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 19 2013, 08:57 AM
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 19 2013, 08:25 AM) *
I guess I gave Slav the nickname Slav tongue.gif

Wrong guess. I was here long before you. smile.gif

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jul 19 2013, 09:22 AM) *
At the moment I have no nickname because I choose to use my real name. But many years, close friends call me "Tripy" because some years ago (when I was still in love with Kirk Hammett) biggrin.gif I wanted to make a band called Tripyx (then still played at keyboards). My friends shortened Tripyx in Tripy. But now I prefer my name: Monica smile.gif

Damn, don't tell you're in love with Kirk... huh.gif He's in love with his wah pedal rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Jul 19 2013, 08:55 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:00 AM