Questions Song
daman23
Jul 22 2011, 09:32 PM
GMC:er
Hello, what scale is in this song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA0KoQOjbxU...feature=related
How do I get backing track? Can I remove the guitar sound? possible?

How can I guess my way to it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 22 2011, 10:03 PM
Instructor
There are some programs that can remove a certain layer - mainly used for creating karaoke versions out of original recordings smile.gif dunno if they work with guitar tunes though.

Anyway, excellent choice! I love Marco's work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
daman23
Jul 22 2011, 10:26 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 22 2011, 09:03 PM) *
There are some programs that can remove a certain layer - mainly used for creating karaoke versions out of original recordings smile.gif dunno if they work with guitar tunes though.

Anyway, excellent choice! I love Marco's work!

I love that song, need to play it with backing track, atleast play 2 min, then play something myself the rest. Please help me regarding this matter!

I need to know scales in the song. How do I guess my way to it?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 22 2011, 10:53 PM
Instructor
First thing - the time signature is 7/8 (divided like this: 123 12 12, try and count listening to the piano backing) the approach that i would use would be to first figure out the harmony played by the piano.

I never tried it, but after i finish with the stuff i have to work on till the end of July, I'll give it a good listen and let you in on the harmonic progressions of the song if I can figure them out myself tongue.gif

Cheerios!

http://www.marcosfogli.com/

Marco has his backing tracks for sale - check it out smile.gif it would help a lot when listening wink.gif

+Quote Post
daman23
Jul 23 2011, 12:08 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 22 2011, 09:53 PM) *
First thing - the time signature is 7/8 (divided like this: 123 12 12, try and count listening to the piano backing) the approach that i would use would be to first figure out the harmony played by the piano.

I never tried it, but after i finish with the stuff i have to work on till the end of July, I'll give it a good listen and let you in on the harmonic progressions of the song if I can figure them out myself tongue.gif

Cheerios!

http://www.marcosfogli.com/

Marco has his backing tracks for sale - check it out smile.gif it would help a lot when listening wink.gif

Okej not really into theory after quitting classical guitar. I learned the spanish "Leyenda" as a final classic exam before hitting elecrtic, but then my teatcher quit =( So Im learning on my own. Im playing simple stuff with others but learn hard techniques here at GMC.

Anyway, gonna put a new project thread about this song.

Also I will buy backing tracks? Do I get them all? I hope marco still sells them cause I just payed him =)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2011, 07:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (daman23 @ Jul 22 2011, 11:08 PM) *
Okej not really into theory after quitting classical guitar. I learned the spanish "Leyenda" as a final classic exam before hitting elecrtic, but then my teatcher quit =( So Im learning on my own. Im playing simple stuff with others but learn hard techniques here at GMC.

Anyway, gonna put a new project thread about this song.

Also I will buy backing tracks? Do I get them all? I hope marco still sells them cause I just payed him =)

Mate, if you want to learn something, it doesn't matter how simple or complicated it is, but if you understand the theory behind it, you'll be much more confident and you'll know what you're doing there. Marco's songs are progressive oriented so they have thick theory behind them - they'll provide awesome learning experience once you get to understand what's behind them. I guess you already knew that, but i just wanted to remind you wink.gif Let me know once you get the tracks and we'll analyze them if you wish!

+Quote Post
daman23
Jul 23 2011, 01:15 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 23 2011, 06:10 AM) *
Mate, if you want to learn something, it doesn't matter how simple or complicated it is, but if you understand the theory behind it, you'll be much more confident and you'll know what you're doing there. Marco's songs are progressive oriented so they have thick theory behind them - they'll provide awesome learning experience once you get to understand what's behind them. I guess you already knew that, but i just wanted to remind you wink.gif Let me know once you get the tracks and we'll analyze them if you wish!

Yes I know I just said I will need some help with the theory!
Why isnt all this backing tracks flooding over the internet? Is it impossible to upload them perhaps?
I Hope I get all backing tracks of "New Hope" album.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2011, 01:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (daman23 @ Jul 23 2011, 12:15 PM) *
Yes I know I just said I will need some help with the theory!
Why isnt all this backing tracks flooding over the internet? Is it impossible to upload them perhaps?
I Hope I get all backing tracks of "New Hope" album.

IS IT OUT ALREADYYY biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif oh myyy biggrin.gif i know that the new one is called ReMarcoble tongue.gif or is it New Hope?

+Quote Post
daman23
Jul 23 2011, 03:36 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 23 2011, 12:29 PM) *
IS IT OUT ALREADYYY biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif oh myyy biggrin.gif i know that the new one is called ReMarcoble tongue.gif or is it New Hope?

?

My question was: If its possible to get buy all his backing tracks, why isnt every one uploaded on different websites?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2011, 08:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (daman23 @ Jul 23 2011, 02:36 PM) *
?

My question was: If its possible to get buy all his backing tracks, why isnt every one uploaded on different websites?

Oh, probably folks just didn't want to disrespect Marco by throwing his stuff around the internet, or I have no clue.. Did you purchase all the backing tracks on the album?

+Quote Post
daman23
Jul 24 2011, 01:41 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 23 2011, 07:56 PM) *
Oh, probably folks just didn't want to disrespect Marco by throwing his stuff around the internet, or I have no clue.. Did you purchase all the backing tracks on the album?

Yes got em all now! Wonderful! I sent mail to Marco if he has any tabs for any song, or can describe them. This might help us alot

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 24 2011, 06:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (daman23 @ Jul 24 2011, 12:41 AM) *
Yes got em all now! Wonderful! I sent mail to Marco if he has any tabs for any song, or can describe them. This might help us alot

I've got a friend who used to communicate with Marco a few years ago, when Marco wasn't all that famous yet. You may be lucky and maybe he will send the tabs over biggrin.gif that would be very interesting, so please let me know tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 24 2011, 11:48 AM
Instructor
Unfortunately I don't have a guitar with me here on holidays, but I managed to get the key, the song is in C minor (Eb major) key, here's the fretboard pic you can use for jamming:

however, tonality changes later in the song a bit, as far as I can notice, not sure about the chords, but it seems that two more scales are being used, one is C dorian, and other is C harmonic minor (specially when the keyboard solo kicks in)

Since all three of these scales are very similar (they have many common notes), you can try to mix & match and see if you can come up with something interesting. By matching then you can get some cool chromatic moves, and still stay in key, for example using this type of lick will work nicely:

CODE
E||------------8-11-9s-10---||
B||--8-9-10-11------------8-||
G||-------------------------||
D||-------------------------||
A||-------------------------||
E||-------------------------||

let us know if we can help with this further!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jul 24 2011, 11:48 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
daman23
Jul 24 2011, 06:13 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 24 2011, 05:53 AM) *
I've got a friend who used to communicate with Marco a few years ago, when Marco wasn't all that famous yet. You may be lucky and maybe he will send the tabs over biggrin.gif that would be very interesting, so please let me know tongue.gif

He answered quick at email when i payed tongue.gif
No its been 16 no answer ohmy.gif. Does Marco still now your friend? Maybe he knows something.

@Ivan: Thanks

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 24 2011, 10:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (daman23 @ Jul 24 2011, 05:13 PM) *
He answered quick at email when i payed tongue.gif
No its been 16 no answer ohmy.gif. Does Marco still now your friend? Maybe he knows something.

@Ivan: Thanks

I'll ask tomorrow and let you know smile.gif

+Quote Post
daman23
Jul 25 2011, 03:32 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 24 2011, 09:23 PM) *
I'll ask tomorrow and let you know smile.gif

Okey good since I havent recieved answer from Marco =) I dont want to spam him.

+Quote Post
daman23
Jul 27 2011, 04:29 PM
We have to do this on our own =)
"Hi
sadly I don't have tabs for any of the songs off my solo record.

Best
Marco"

This post has been edited by daman23: Jul 27 2011, 04:29 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 27 2011, 04:31 PM
Instructor
Nice song! I had never heard Marco's music... I like his tone and phrasing.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
daman23
Jul 27 2011, 09:29 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 27 2011, 03:31 PM) *
Nice song! I had never heard Marco's music... I like his tone and phrasing.

I want to play it.. badly

+Quote Post
daman23
Jul 31 2011, 12:03 AM
Anything new? Im hoping I will be able to chat with marco.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:34 AM