Tov leiut Babait 1, Eyal's second lesson
Rockwouldbe
Feb 4 2007, 09:04 AM
Rock Instructor
Shalom everybody.

Once again I am brining you a solo that I wrote. This one is a apart of a song that me and my friend Mati wrote. Not long ago I came back from India. I was traveling for 7 month.

This song's name is "Tov leiut Babait" it means in Hebrew: "It is good to be home"
When I was traveling I found that I am no longer that attracted to speed and technique
And more going to jazz style.
With this solo I want to demonstrate how to use slides. But slow ones. That means that you are using also the slide sound something very hard to notice when you play fast.

So I hope you are going to like this one.

Attached File  main_video.wmv ( 7.76MB ) Number of downloads: 537

Video 1: Attached File  video_1.wmv ( 2.2MB ) Number of downloads: 415

Yalla (ok) Lets work

Now as you can see here this very Spanish to start with some "tamtrtam" my friend mati wrote this part and he is quit good with Spanish stuff. Now the chords starting on Cmaj7 so the easiest way is to start with a solo just do the note , and to the ones who didn't understand play C .

video one:

e|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------5-h6---8/10----5h6--------------------------------|
G|---------(5)-5-5-7------------------------5/7----------------------------|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Scales :

cmaj (small one)

e|---------------------------5--7--8-----------------------------------------|
B|------------------5--6--8--------------------------------------------------|
G|-------------5--7----------------------------------------------------------|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cmaj
e|----------------------------------------------5--7--8------------------------|
B|--------------------------------------5--6--8--------------------------------|
G|-----------------------------4--5--7----------------------------------------|
D|-----------------------5--7-------------------------------------------------|
A|-------------5--7--8-------------------------------------------------------|
E|-----5--7-8----------------------------------------------------------------

Video 2: Attached File  video_2.wmv ( 1.92MB ) Number of downloads: 275

Now the thought to create this sound was the scale E phrigi it is the same notes but this modos is considered Spanish/Arabic . Now if you see this position it is very easy to remember. Now I advise you to jam with this scale and how it takes to party in the streets of Barcelona.

video 2:

B|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------------------7/9--7-7/10-----------------------------|
D|----------------------7--9-10--------------------------------------------|
A|----------7--8--10-------------------------------------------------------|

scales:
Cmaj7
e|-------------------------------------------------------------7--8--10---------|
B|-------------------------------------------------------7--9--------------------|
G|--------------------------------------------7--9--10--------------------------|
D|----------------------------------7--9--10------------------------------------|
A|-----------------------7--8--10-----------------------------------------------|
E|-----------7--8--10------------------------------------------------------------

Ephrg

B|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|---------------------------------7--9--10--------------------------------|
D|----------------------7--9--10-------------------------------------------|
A|---------7--8--10--------------------------------------------------------|

Video 3 : Attached File  My_Movie_3.wmv ( 4.8MB ) Number of downloads: 323

With this one again pay attention to the hammers and the slides there are quiet few here but all this phrase is all about it. Even try to do it extreme I mean do the slides very slowly and try to control this unique sound.

video 3

e|----------12--10-------------------------------------------------------------|
B|-------------------13--12--10--------10/12--12h13-10--------------------|
G|---------------------------------12------------------------9h10--10\12--9-|
D|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

e|---------------------------10--12-13--12--10------------------------------|
B|-----10-10--10--12-13----------------------------13-12(/h)-13---------|
G|-*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scales:
Cmaj

e|---------------------------------------------------------------------10--12--13-|
B|--------------------------------------------------------10--12--13--------------|
G|--------------------------------------------9--10--12---------------------------|
D|--------------------------------9--10--12---------------------------------------|
A|-----------------------10--12----------------------------------------------------|
E|----------10--12--13---------------------------------------------------------

Video 4: Attached File  video_4.wmv ( 2.2MB ) Number of downloads: 279

This is a very comment ending in a Spanish song. Usually when I play stuff like this with the classic or the acoustic. I tend to give more sound with blocked strings. before I reach the second string and then give almost free style , when I plucked the first 3 notes fast.

video 4
Fmaj arpg (marked)
e|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|------------8--6--5------------------------------------------------------|
G|----------5---------7--5------------5--7--4-----------------------------|
D|-----------------------------------7--------------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------8------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|

scales:
Cmaj
e|------------------------------------------------5--7--8----------------------|
B|---------------------------------------5--6--8-------------------------------|
G|------------------------------4--5--7----------------------------------------|
D|------------------------5--7-------------------------------------------------|
A|---------------5--7--8-------------------------------------------------------|
E|-----5--7-8----------------------------------------------------------------

Video 5 :Attached File  My_Movie_5.wmv ( 2.45MB ) Number of downloads: 354

This one I started again very easy with the C but what comes next if you will see is Fmaj's arpeggio. I wrote it above the tab remember 3 notes .

video 5
Dm7 arpg (marked)
B|-------------------------------------------6------5--------5--------------|
G|------------------5--7/9--7--5--4------5-----------7-------------------|
D|--------------7------------------------------------------------------------|
A|------5----8---------------------------------------------------------------|

Cmaj
e|------------------------------------------------5--7--8--------------------|
B|---------------------------------------5--6--8-----------------------------|
G|------------------------------4--5--7--------------------------------------|
D|-------------------------5--7----------------------------------------------|
A|---------------5--7--8-----------------------------------------------------|
E|-----5--7-8------------------------------------------------------------------

Video 6 : Attached File  video_6.wmv ( 4.03MB ) Number of downloads: 368

Now the answer for Fmaj in my head is Dm7 , in case you haven't noticed Dm and F are related or cousins by that I mean they have the same notes in their scale.
The end of this part is really typical to me, two notes going lower and coming back,

The end, it is going down in the scale and saying a phrase. And going up the scale and what the hell this is about slides so let's finish with one. Also I want to add that some of you will ask why I did the same notes couple of times. Just Imagine somebody who is sure of himself and makes sure people will know his stand.

video 6

e|--12-10------------------------------------------------10-12-12-10-10/12--10/12-----|
B|-----------13-12-10-----------------------10-12-13-------------------------------------|
G|-----------------------12-10-12-14--12--------------------------------------------------|
D|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

scales:

Cmaj

e|------------------------------------------------------------------------10--12--13-|
B|------------------------------------------------------------10--12--13-------------|
G|-----------------------------------------------9--10--12---------------------------|
D|----------------------------------9--10--12----------------------------------------|
A|------------------------10--12------------------------------------------------------|
E|----------10--12--13----------------------------------------------------------------

Well thank you once again, for spending your time with me. I find it very hard to do those lessons it is very demanding. I wanted to make better then the first one I worked really hard and I hope something has changed. Well I hope you had cool stuff to see and learn.
My idea when I wrote this is to write something happy, I hope I will give you some happy feelings.

"Shavoa tov" to you all. That means a nice start for the week unfortunately in Israel we start the week at Sunday .

Backing tracks:
Attached File  backing_track_fast_100bpm.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 362

Attached File  backing_track_slow_72bpm.mp3 ( 1.53MB ) Number of downloads: 321

I promised i will write the sound that i use
well
i use Rg2570 Ibanez
pod xt live :
amp: Line 6 21 cen' clean
reverb: Tiled room mix 30%
Delay: Ping pong tap 100 , mix 37

that's about it .

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Rockwouldbe: Feb 4 2007, 09:08 AM

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez Rg2570, Pod XTL, peavey classic 30w
Guitar it is a passion

a link to the Aspiring instructor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:38 AM