2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Shredcast - Poll & Feedback
How was the Shredcast for you?
What did you think of the ShredCast overall?
Awful, Andrew speaks enough on all of Muris' lessons and his own, he needs to shut up! [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Meh ... [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Yeah, it was ok [ 4 ] ** [10.81%]
I think it's a good idea actually [ 11 ] ** [29.73%]
Really Cool! [ 22 ] ** [59.46%]
What did you think of the content?
Dull as ditchwater [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
A little amateurish but showed promise [ 4 ] ** [10.81%]
Reasonable selection of subjects [ 10 ] ** [27.03%]
Really quite good actually [ 9 ] ** [24.32%]
Fantastic, captured the GMC vibe [ 14 ] ** [37.84%]
What was your favourite portion of the ShredCast?
Site Stats [ 1 ] ** [2.70%]
Gear Update [ 2 ] ** [5.41%]
Wiki Update [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
SI Update [ 2 ] ** [5.41%]
MTP Update [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Interview with Kristofer [ 21 ] ** [56.76%]
GMC Music [ 11 ] ** [29.73%]
Total Votes: 37
Guests cannot vote 
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 26 2008, 10:14 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Ok, well it seems like some of you liked the Shredcast, but I'd like to hear form all of you, whether or not you want this to continue, and in what direction.

So, please fill in the poll, and then post with any feedback you have on what you liked and disliked, improvements, future directions, anything really - as I said in the cast itself, it's what we make it and a big part of that is what GMC:ers want to see, so let us know!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Dec 26 2008, 10:19 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thought it was WAY COOL. I would love to see you interview other GMC instructors as well. Love the featuring of GMCers music as well. I hope you continue these!! smile.gif smile.gif

Monte

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Dec 26 2008, 10:26 PM
GMC:er
I think its a great idea, but to tell you the truth I thought the beginning was a little boring, with the mentioning of the newest members and such... that might just be me though

the rest was great

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Dec 26 2008, 11:01 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I liked it a lot, but the overall time may be shortened a little bit? Anyways, keep them comming smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Dec 26 2008, 11:14 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I really like the idea of this and think for the first one you did a fantastic job putting it together. I enjoyed the interview and agree with Lcsdds about including instructors and other senior member. Other content a feel would be nice would be a news update for things going on and new features coming to GMC etc. Also if possible a listing of lessons coming up and when to expect them being posted (would be handy for practice schedules). Maybe a tips and tricks type of spot. This could cover anything from recording to tips on navigating the site to find information.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Dec 26 2008, 11:18 PM
Instructor
I thought it was great smile.gif The only thing i would like to comment on is that it might have been a bit long.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 26 2008, 11:20 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Dec 26 2008, 05:14 PM) *
Maybe a tips and tricks type of spot. This could cover anything from recording to tips on navigating the site to find information.

This is a great idea Jeff.. smile.gif

Thought it was great Andrew andI would really like to see it continue and expand to become a top feature of GMC.. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
berko
Dec 26 2008, 11:23 PM
This was a fantastic kickoff for the shredcast. However it was a bit long: mainly because of the long speaking part at the beginning. It would've sounded much more professional if some light and silent music (guitar-driven ofc) had been put under these text-parts, just to create an atmosphere. smile.gif

Interviews with instructors or seniors etc would be also wonderful even later on and it was nice to start the interview section with Kris. Also, GMC music is a great feature (maybe some collabs or virtual band stuff later? cool.gif )

All in all, it went straight to my ipod and was really interesting listening to.

Thanks Andrew for the hard work and definitely keep it up wink.gif

This post has been edited by berko: Dec 26 2008, 11:23 PM

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Canis
Dec 26 2008, 11:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
I love it! I'd love Shredcast as a monthly feature!

I loved the GMC Music the most... Great way to share the music other GMC'ers make smile.gif

Love it =)

(Yep, that's 4 "love"'s (5 with that one) in one post!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Dec 27 2008, 12:22 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I think it was awesome biggrin.gif
Great interview and music of course smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Dec 27 2008, 12:53 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Dec 26 2008, 05:20 PM) *
This is a great idea Jeff.. smile.gif

Thought it was great Andrew andI would really like to see it continue and expand to become a top feature of GMC.. biggrin.gif

Thanks bro.

I was walking around and had another thought to share. What about a question and answer segment? Members can send these in and Andrew can pick a few for every Shred Cast. Everyone will feel included and look forward to listening to see if their question was picked.

Sorry if I'm thinking too much. I tend to do that some times.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Dec 27 2008, 02:02 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Dec 27 2008, 12:53 AM) *
Thanks bro.

I was walking around and had another thought to share. What about a question and answer segment? Members can send these in and Andrew can pick a few for every Shred Cast. Everyone will feel included and look forward to listening to see if their question was picked.

I really like this idea Jeff biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 27 2008, 03:02 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Dec 26 2008, 06:53 PM) *
Thanks bro.

Along these line also.. what about just random members being interviewed? From beginners to advanced?

Anyways I lvoe the idea. I but it on my mp3 player and loved listening to it in car on the way home from work. smile.gif

keep it going Andrew! smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Dec 27 2008, 03:50 AM
Acoustic Instructor
It was very interesting..
GMC music and Interview with Kris is excellent.

I think it should also contain some advertising stuff to attract more people to GMC. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 27 2008, 04:31 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Great feedback guys - keep it coming, and we will streamline ShredCast #2 smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Dec 27 2008, 07:20 AM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Dec 26 2008, 04:18 PM) *
I thought it was great smile.gif The only thing i would like to comment on is that it might have been a bit long.

Well put smile.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 27 2008, 11:38 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I liked it Andrew! It was very interesting to listen! Its a really good idea to put i together! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 27 2008, 12:51 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I thought it was great, I didnt think it was too long, I listened to it over a period of time, not all in one go, it was great, perhaps just to break it up a little (a little like a radio station) the interviews could be broken up with some music?

anyways it was great smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 28 2008, 04:43 PM
Instructor
I think it's a great initiative, well done. I liked interview with Kristofer a lot, and would like to see more gear there as well! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
rokchik
Dec 28 2008, 08:43 PM
The Dark Canuck
I thought it was great Andrew smile.gif

I had some issues with my iPod so couldn't upload like I wanted too but listened to it when I got home from work. The content was great, and as far as length I didn't think it was too long at all.

Can't wait for the next one!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:49 PM