New To Gmc
rheil
Sep 17 2012, 11:11 PM
GMC:er
Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Rob and I am from Pittsburgh PA. I am a guitarist for an original/cover band called Twelve Noon. I joined here to help with some problem areas and to just get better all around. I started playing guitar when I was around 17 years old, I am now 33. I would say my main influences are Marty Friedman, Dimebag Darrell, Jerry Cantrell, Synyster Gates, and Robb Flynn. Equipment I currently use/own, Jackson SL1 Soloist, ESP (LTD) EC400, Gibson Les Paul Custom. For amps I use VHT Pittbull, Bugera 6262 and Line 6 HD100.

I consider myself mainly self taught and I need to get out of a rut that I have been stuck in. I want to learn how to shred like the best of them biggrin.gif

My other hobbies include recording (Sonar x1 user here) and the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Twelve Noon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blister
Sep 18 2012, 02:59 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Rob & welcome to GMC! smile.gif You'll definitely pick up some new ideas here. Hope to see you in the forum & the chats!

Twelve Noon sounds great! Listening to your vids while posting this.

Gary

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Blister: Sep 18 2012, 03:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 18 2012, 09:15 AM
Instructor
Yo Rob, I see you've introduced yourself.. great stuff !! smile.gif

It's cool to have you here and we'll do our best between us to boost your shred levels !! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2012, 10:23 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Welcome to GMC! I am a Dimebag and Cantrell fan myself! biggrin.gif If you got any questions or if you need anything, please go ahead and ask us smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 18 2012, 03:58 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome, enjoy GMC cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
rheil
Sep 18 2012, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys,

I am enjoying the heck out of the site so far. I actually think I am practicing to much if thats possible??

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 18 2012, 09:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (rheil @ Sep 18 2012, 06:22 PM) *
Thanks guys,

I am enjoying the heck out of the site so far. I actually think I am practicing to much if thats possible??

Only if it hurts !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 18 2012, 11:43 PM

Welcome Rob! Congrats on finding the most spiff guitar site bar none! smile.gif I teach our Saturday Metal Meltdown live video chat and there is a different live video chat lesson each day of the week! Hop in to them! They RAWK!

Todd

QUOTE (rheil @ Sep 17 2012, 06:11 PM) *
Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Rob and I am from Pittsburgh PA. I am a guitarist for an original/cover band called Twelve Noon. I joined here to help with some problem areas and to just get better all around. I started playing guitar when I was around 17 years old, I am now 33. I would say my main influences are Marty Friedman, Dimebag Darrell, Jerry Cantrell, Synyster Gates, and Robb Flynn. Equipment I currently use/own, Jackson SL1 Soloist, ESP (LTD) EC400, Gibson Les Paul Custom. For amps I use VHT Pittbull, Bugera 6262 and Line 6 HD100.

I consider myself mainly self taught and I need to get out of a rut that I have been stuck in. I want to learn how to shred like the best of them biggrin.gif

My other hobbies include recording (Sonar x1 user here) and the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Twelve Noon

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2012, 07:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 18 2012, 08:26 PM) *
Only if it hurts !! biggrin.gif

wink.gif As Ben says, this is the only point where you should think about stopping biggrin.gif

And, if you don't feel like practicing in a certain moment, do something else - it's not wrong because after all, you don't want to feel like practicing is a chore - it should be fun! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 19 2012, 10:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 19 2012, 07:46 AM) *
wink.gif As Ben says, this is the only point where you should think about stopping biggrin.gif

And, if you don't feel like practicing in a certain moment, do something else - it's not wrong because after all, you don't want to feel like practicing is a chore - it should be fun! wink.gif

Yeah, I would always hold onto that point. Make sure the enjoyment factor is always high in your guitar priorities. We should be firstly satisfying ourselves otherwise why do we play ? This is also useful in getting yourself out of a slump or plateau. smile.gif

+Quote Post
rheil
Sep 19 2012, 01:47 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 19 2012, 09:24 AM) *
Yeah, I would always hold onto that point. Make sure the enjoyment factor is always high in your guitar priorities. We should be firstly satisfying ourselves otherwise why do we play ? This is also useful in getting yourself out of a slump or plateau. smile.gif

I feel on a mission this time around. I have always chalked it up and said I guess the speed stuff is just not in me and I'm just not that type of guitarist. I would always say my hands just don't work that way lol. The desire is certainly there and it always has been. I'm a very dedicated guitarist I just have never been able to get to that next level.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2012, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Hi friend!! Welcome to the site! Those are really cool influences! We are here to help you so let us know how and we will do it!
Enjoy GMC! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
wollace03
Sep 19 2012, 05:25 PM
hi and welcome!!

great to have a sonar user here!!! that´s what I use but on a very, very basic level....

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 19 2012, 11:26 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome, good sir. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 20 2012, 12:10 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC Rob! smile.gif

Very cool band you got there!

See you around the forum.

/Bogdan

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:01 AM