7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Soloing With Arpeggios/chord Tones, UPLOAD THREAD
Pedja Simovic
Mar 9 2009, 08:57 PM
Instructor
Here you can post your uploads for arpeggio/chord tones collaboration.

For more information regarding this collaboration click HERE

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sami
Mar 9 2009, 10:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here is my take smile.gif

feel free to mess with the EQ or anything, to make my take stand out against the backing a little more, i dont know but my take sounds a bit too quite, but use your judgement smile.gif

thanks for the great backing i love it!

Attached File  pedja_arpeggio.mp3 ( 600.74K ) Number of downloads: 327

Attached File  pedja_arpeggio_no.bt.mp3 ( 599.1K ) Number of downloads: 251

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sami: Mar 9 2009, 10:56 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 10 2008, 01:38 PM) *
Crysis kicked arse. Gears of War unfortunately I thought was as good as wiping cottage cheese on a cat's head

Hahahaha just imagine the cat hahahah

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 3 2009, 08:01 PM) *
The thing about being really stupid, is that there are a zillion ways to be a moron. There are usually several ways to be intelligent, given a situation, but it is a small finite number. But there are always a zillion ways to be to blithering idiot. So finding a new way to have the intellect of an artichoke is nothing to be proud of really, it is easy to do.

So true... To bad im still an artichoke haha

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 9 2009, 10:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sami @ Mar 9 2009, 10:52 PM) *
Here is my take smile.gif

feel free to mess with the EQ or anything, to make my take stand out against the backing a little more, i dont know but my take sounds a bit too quite, but use your judgement smile.gif

thanks for the great backing i love it!

Attached File  pedja_arpeggio.mp3 ( 600.74K ) Number of downloads: 327

Attached File  pedja_arpeggio_no.bt.mp3 ( 599.1K ) Number of downloads: 251

Great Sami , thank for your take !
Feel free to record more, you really do seem to enjoy the backing I am glad to hear that wink.gif

Feel free to submit more takes !

Also, there are some spots where you played non chord tones which is not cool wink.gif

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Mar 9 2009, 11:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 10 2009, 01:48 PM
Instructor
Here is my improvised take for this collaboration.
If you guys like it I will turn it into a lesson just like with previous two collaborations !

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Pedja__s_improvised_take.mp3 ( 532.25K ) Number of downloads: 262

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 10 2009, 02:18 PM
Instructor
Excellent take Pedja. This would be extremely cool and useful lesson. I might post my one today smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 10 2009, 02:56 PM
Instructor

Do you want me to include effects or you prefer dry signal to mix it ?

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 10 2009, 03:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 10 2009, 02:18 PM) *
Excellent take Pedja. This would be extremely cool and useful lesson. I might post my one today smile.gif

Thank you Emir, I will definitely make a lesson out of it - hope members will benefit a lot from it!

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 10 2009, 02:56 PM) *
Do you want me to include effects or you prefer dry signal to mix it ?

With effects is fine, I don't mind at all smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 10 2009, 03:07 PM
Instructor
Ok then, here is my take

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Emir_with_BT.mp3 ( 575.14K ) Number of downloads: 336
Attached File  Emir_no_BT.mp3 ( 554.33K ) Number of downloads: 249

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 10 2009, 03:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 10 2009, 03:07 PM) *
Ok then, here is my take

Great Emir !
Thanks for your take man, I will put you down as recorded. If you have time feel free to do more takes, this definitely passes the class by the way smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 10 2009, 03:20 PM
Instructor
Well I can only continue going up and down the neck smile.gif it will sound vey similar anyway so I'll just leave this one

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 10 2009, 03:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Mar 10 2009, 03:20 PM) *
Well I can only continue going up and down the neck smile.gif it will sound vey similar anyway so I'll just leave this one

Cool man no problem , I marked you as recorded participant smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrannyKiller
Mar 15 2009, 11:06 PM
GMC:er
Hi Pedja! I know I'm posting my takes before you even put me on the list, but why wait ? hehe biggrin.gif

I posted my inquiry for participation in the main topic.

Anyway, here are my takes:

With BT: Attached File  Chord_tone_collab_wBT.mp3 ( 954.89K ) Number of downloads: 259

Without BT: Attached File  Chord_tone_collab_woBT.mp3 ( 613.88K ) Number of downloads: 240

--------------------
A kick in the butt is only another step forward...

.:G.E.A.R:.

Guitars: B.C.Rich Assasin QX6 // Jolana Galaxis (modded by me) // Melodija Menges nylon-acoustic // Vintage EJM-96 Bass

Amps: Marshall AVT50X combo // Roland MicroCube // some cr***y old Newport with a 12" speaker

Effects: Boss GT-10

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 15 2009, 11:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrannyKiller @ Mar 15 2009, 11:06 PM) *
Hi Pedja! I know I'm posting my takes before you even put me on the list, but why wait ? hehe biggrin.gif

I posted my inquiry for participation in the main topic.

Anyway, here are my takes:

With BT: Attached File  Chord_tone_collab_wBT.mp3 ( 954.89K ) Number of downloads: 259

Without BT: Attached File  Chord_tone_collab_woBT.mp3 ( 613.88K ) Number of downloads: 240

Hi Davor !
Thank you for posting your take, I will include you on the list and final mix. Haven't heard the take yet, is it 100% chord tones only ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrannyKiller
Mar 15 2009, 11:23 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 15 2009, 11:11 PM) *
Hi Davor !
Thank you for posting your take, I will include you on the list and final mix. Haven't heard the take yet, is it 100% chord tones only ?

Yeah, sure, as required biggrin.gif 100% chord tones.

I can tab my take out if needed (although I doubt you need a tab smile.gif )

--------------------

Guitars: B.C.Rich Assasin QX6 // Jolana Galaxis (modded by me) // Melodija Menges nylon-acoustic // Vintage EJM-96 Bass

Amps: Marshall AVT50X combo // Roland MicroCube // some cr***y old Newport with a 12" speaker

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 15 2009, 11:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrannyKiller @ Mar 15 2009, 11:23 PM) *
Yeah, sure, as required biggrin.gif 100% chord tones.

I can tab my take out if needed (although I doubt you need a tab smile.gif )

In that case awesome !

Feel free to post a tab smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrannyKiller
Mar 16 2009, 02:29 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 15 2009, 11:25 PM) *
In that case awesome !

Feel free to post a tab smile.gif

OK then, here it is... biggrin.gif

Attached File  Chord_tone_collab.gp4 ( 4.82K ) Number of downloads: 192

I think I got some of the chords wrong, because looking at my transcription, it looks like there are G7sus4(no5), G5, Dm7add11(no5) chords in there as well. Dunno if this is OK. Please correct me! mellow.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 16 2009, 02:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrannyKiller @ Mar 16 2009, 02:29 AM) *
OK then, here it is... biggrin.gif

Attached File  Chord_tone_collab.gp4 ( 4.82K ) Number of downloads: 192

I think I got some of the chords wrong, because looking at my transcription, it looks like there are G7sus4(no5), G5, Dm7add11(no5) chords in there as well. Dunno if this is OK. Please correct me! mellow.gif

I think transcription looks fine
Where exactly do you feel were the wrong spots?

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrannyKiller
Mar 16 2009, 02:49 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 16 2009, 02:35 AM) *
I think transcription looks fine
Where exactly do you feel were the wrong spots?

Dunno, maybe bars 5, 8, 9 & 13 on Rhodes piano.

It sounds OK to me as well, that's why I wrote it that way. smile.gif I'm just not sure if the progression is supposed to be Cmaj7, Am7, Dm7, G7 all the time, or have you added some extra notes here and there. By ear, I'd say you did.

Anyway, my lead has only those notes you said we should use. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 16 2009, 02:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (GrannyKiller @ Mar 16 2009, 02:49 AM) *
Dunno, maybe bars 5, 8, 9 & 13 on Rhodes piano.

It sounds OK to me as well, that's why I wrote it that way. smile.gif I'm just not sure if the progression is supposed to be Cmaj7, Am7, Dm7, G7 all the time, or have you added some extra notes here and there. By ear, I'd say you did.

Anyway, my lead has only those notes you said we should use. biggrin.gif

I see, you were referring to Rhodes part smile.gif
I am just concerned about Lead guitar part being strictly with arpeggios and chord tones.
Very nice effort with backing track in Guitar pro. I will include guitar pro with everything but drums when lesson gets published, so you can double check it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrannyKiller
Mar 16 2009, 03:00 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 16 2009, 02:51 AM) *
I see, you were referring to Rhodes part smile.gif
I am just concerned about Lead guitar part being strictly with arpeggios and chord tones.
Very nice effort with backing track in Guitar pro. I will include guitar pro with everything but drums when lesson gets published, so you can double check it wink.gif

Extra! biggrin.gif Thanks man!

This type of collab is a great lesson by itself. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:19 AM