So My Church And Another Have Merged, and so have the bands
PosterBoy
Dec 2 2011, 11:45 AM
Learning Roadie
I am playing at last in a full band.

I've gone from a some time 3 piece (Drums, Bass, Guitar) but most of the time just Drums and Guitar, to Drums, Bass, Guitar, Synth, Piano and more singers!

I'm not having to do full chordal Rhythm parts all the time now, and licks, riffs, partial chords etc can be used!!!!!

I'm a happy boy, just have to make sure I handle the arrangements so keys don't dominate the mix!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 2 2011, 12:05 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congratulations on your new band! smile.gif
It should be very fun to play in such a big band, especially with so many singers.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 2 2011, 12:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 2 2011, 10:45 AM) *
I'm a happy boy, just have to make sure I handle the arrangements so keys don't dominate the mix!!!

I'm sure you'll find space for a Marshall stack to dominate the songs !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 2 2011, 12:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Most of my Axe Fx patches I use are based on Marshall!

I've got my Plexi patch and then the Dave Friedman modded Marshall Marsha BE for my crunch and then a High Gain Marsha HBE patch.

This isn't the church of your Grandparents!!!!!!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 2 2011, 02:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 2 2011, 11:28 AM) *

I've got my Plexi patch and then the Dave Friedman modded Marshall Marsha BE for my crunch and then a High Gain Marsha HBE patch.

The Church of Rock !!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 2 2011, 02:59 PM
Instructor
congrats on the new band! how is that Axe fx treating you? responds well?

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 2 2011, 04:00 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Dec 2 2011, 01:59 PM) *
congrats on the new band! how is that Axe fx treating you? responds well?

It's perfect for my situation, I need a versatile rig and I can go from High Gain to swells and delays and shimmers with a stomp of a footswitch. Oh and an awesome fake acoustic guitar and violin patch.

http://soundcloud.com/mattkid/acoustic-and-violin

I've been using it since 2008 and not used or missed a Tube amp.

A lot of credit goes to those users that are great at programming awesome patches and sharing them, I'm not great.

Earlier this year I grabbed a collection of patches programmed by a guy called Yek and it was like an awesome update in tone for me. I had very little to tweak for the patches I used.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 2 2011, 06:10 PM
Instructor
Congratulations! I am not sure if I got it right, but you are playing with a church band?

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 2 2011, 06:25 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Dec 2 2011, 05:10 PM) *
Congratulations! I am not sure if I got it right, but you are playing with a church band?

Yeah I'm the guitarist and one of the vocalists

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 2 2011, 10:11 PM
Instructor
Awesome it's a very nice gig to have! Usually churches have great musicians and the crowd is very grateful! Congrats!!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 2 2011, 10:43 PM
Instructor
Heheh, excellent! smile.gif Congratulations man! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 3 2011, 12:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 2 2011, 12:22 PM) *
I'm sure you'll find space for a Marshall stack to dominate the songs !! biggrin.gif

Full stack x 2,for safety reasons - drummers knows be a crazy sometime !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 3 2011, 03:15 AM
GMC:er
Congrats! wink.gif Post some vids and share! Also, are you using the software version of AXE FX as well? The new lead player in Megadeth uses a cabinet sim inside axe fx for his headphone mix. But honestly, he could skip the power amp and cabs entirely and run straight to the board which is a trend I"m seeing pros start to use. Vernon Reid from Living Color for example, uses a Laptop and Guitar Rig onstage for live gigs instead of an amp.

Most guys in the major heavy bands, have tons of marshal cabs onstage and only one of them is miced up as it's the only one that's on. The rest are for show. Some bands, remove the speakers from the rest of the cabs to reduce weight and increase fuel efficiency / reduce cost on the road. People still expect to see amps, even if they are not being used smile.gif

Here is a pic from metal band IMMORTAL

Attached Image

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 2 2011, 05:45 AM) *
I am playing at last in a full band.

I've gone from a some time 3 piece (Drums, Bass, Guitar) but most of the time just Drums and Guitar, to Drums, Bass, Guitar, Synth, Piano and more singers!

I'm not having to do full chordal Rhythm parts all the time now, and licks, riffs, partial chords etc can be used!!!!!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 3 2011, 06:32 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 2 2011, 08:15 PM) *
Most guys in the major heavy bands, have tons of marshal cabs onstage and only one of them is miced up as it's the only one that's on. The rest are for show. Some bands, remove the speakers from the rest of the cabs to reduce weight and increase fuel efficiency / reduce cost on the road. People still expect to see amps, even if they are not being used smile.gif

Attached Image

laugh.gif Wow! That' unbelievable! I didn't know this was done. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 3 2011, 11:31 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 3 2011, 02:15 AM) *
Congrats! wink.gif Post some vids and share! Also, are you using the software version of AXE FX as well? The new lead player in Megadeth uses a cabinet sim inside axe fx for his headphone mix. But honestly, he could skip the power amp and cabs entirely and run straight to the board which is a trend I"m seeing pros start to use. Vernon Reid from Living Color for example, uses a Laptop and Guitar Rig onstage for live gigs instead of an amp.

Attached Image

There is no software version of Axe Fx but there is the editor Axe Edit. I'm going straight out to the mixer and to my own monitor as well as the other monitors. I'm using Ownhammer IRs rather than the stock ones in the Axe Fx they are really fantastic and don't need any EQ tweaking.

Videos will have to wait a while, this week we are meeting in a hotel as our building is too small to hold 200+ so we've had to get another and need to get it ready with the stage and lighting etc

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Dec 3 2011, 11:46 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 2 2011, 12:28 PM) *

Great.

Marshall okay What do you play then?
lots of Hillsong (United), Casting Crowns, Delerious?, Mercy Me, Jars of Clay, Third Day, Stellar Kart, POD, Petra, Kings X, Parachute Band, Pillar, Larry Norman

Cheers

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 3 2011, 06:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Some Hillsong United, Jesus Culture, Bluetree, Jeremy Riddle, Lincoln Brewster, trying to get Ascend the hill into the set

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:47 PM