Three Level Solo Error?
ch00ch00man
Oct 7 2007, 12:48 PM
GMC:er
Marcus,

I finally got ballsy enough to have a go at the three level solo. I've been practicing like mad just to get my chops up to par to even attempt it. I decided to learn it is small chunks, starting from beginner (obviously). I noticed what I think is a mistake in the tab (GP as well). Video 3, measure 5; the last note says to bend 8th fret B string. I could swear that in the video you actually are bending 7th fret B string. When I play it both ways, 7th fret sound right to me. Am I right?

Thanks,
Boris

QUOTE (ch00ch00man @ Oct 7 2007, 07:41 AM) *
Marcus,

I finally got ballsy enough to have a go at the three level solo. I've been practicing like mad just to get my chops up to par to even attempt it. I decided to learn it is small chunks, starting from beginner (obviously). I noticed what I think is a mistake in the tab (GP as well). Video 3, measure 5; the last note says to bend 8th fret B string. I could swear that in the video you actually are bending 7th fret B string. When I play it both ways, 7th fret sound right to me. Am I right?

Thanks,
Boris

****************** PLEASE DISREGARD ******************
It's either late, and I'm tired, or I'm an idiot. I missed the previous three notes!!! Sorry

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Oct 7 2007, 03:47 PM
Instructor
Hey Boris,

Thanks for doing my lesson! smile.gif

I have now checked, and double checked this. Both the tab and Guitarpro file seem to be correct.
Video 3, measure 5; the last note says to bend 8th fret B string:
Attached Image

... and that is correct. The note we are reaching is an A. If you bend the 7th fret on B-string up to the pitch of A that means you bend it 3 half notes, and that's not what I'm doing in the video.

Could you please check again?

-Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
ch00ch00man
Oct 8 2007, 12:53 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (lavendell @ Oct 7 2007, 10:47 AM) *
Hey Boris,

Thanks for doing my lesson! smile.gif

I have now checked, and double checked this. Both the tab and Guitarpro file seem to be correct.
Video 3, measure 5; the last note says to bend 8th fret B string:
Attached Image

... and that is correct. The note we are reaching is an A. If you bend the 7th fret on B-string up to the pitch of A that means you bend it 3 half notes, and that's not what I'm doing in the video.

Could you please check again?
-Marcus

Marcus,

It is I who should be thanking you. This is an awesome sole, and if I nail it, I will be grinning from ear to ear. Thanks for doing it!!!! I guess you started checking before I had a chance to discover my mistake. I since did, and realized that I missed the previous three notes. Which is what prompted me to amend my original post. Thanks for taking the time to look, I'll try and be more careful in the future, and not waste your time.

Boris

Btw, Beginner is not really a beginner wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:09 PM