> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Alex5's Thread, for Gab's Army
Alex5
Jan 15 2016, 04:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've sent you a PM wink.gif
I'll try standing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 18 2016, 01:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex5 @ Jan 15 2016, 12:06 PM) *
I've sent you a PM wink.gif
I'll try standing.

Thanks mate! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex5
Jan 25 2016, 09:09 PM
Hi,

I've found my tone for Manowar's lesson. I made a take today but I don't like it. I've made the perfect one previously but my phone has failed the video. I will retake it in few days and submit it to the workshop.

I need to find time for creativity workout. It's hard at this time for me, the building of my house has started and it take me some time.

I work a lot on improvisation I like it !

You can see 2 of them

HERE

AND HERE

This post has been edited by Alex5: Jan 25 2016, 09:12 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 26 2016, 05:00 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, the links aren't visible for me.

Thanks for the update. Keep on working until the lesson sounds good most of the times. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Jan 26 2016, 05:29 PM

Me at 8'40

+Quote Post
Alex5
Jan 27 2016, 03:05 PM

And Manowar's lesson. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 27 2016, 03:14 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, nice to see you jamming!

I can see how you are focusing on melody and creating lines that connect with the chords. This is a great training for your playing and also ear so I recommend to keep on working on it, and start adding different elements to expand your playing and vocabulary:

- Applying expressing techniques. (dynamics, slides, vibrato, bending)
- Using sequences and patterns.
- Learning licks from your favorite players.

Also the work on the new improvisation workout will help!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Jan 28 2016, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the advices.

I'm looking for an amp. It's fucking hell ! I have 2 on m'y balance. The Hughes and Kettner blue edition 30w (transistor) and the epiphone electar century (18w lamp) I can't choose...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 28 2016, 01:43 PM
Instructor
Could you go to the music store and try them? This is the only way to be sure which is the best choice for you.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Feb 8 2016, 03:59 PM
Hi mate,
I've just bought my new amp : a Hughes&Kettner edition tube 20w. I love it. Great clean sounds, powerful, great crunch. Usable at home easyly...
I ll polish Manowar lesson using tips I've had in the workshop to get it pass on my next take. I'll start a new one but i've not choose it yet.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 10 2016, 05:21 PM
Instructor
Cool! Congrats mate! New gear usually brings motivation and inspiration. Enjoy it!

I'll wait for your new take.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Feb 11 2016, 11:10 PM
I will continue the Manowar lesson to master the galop.

I'd like to work on these lessons to improve some specific skills. Can I have your opinion about them. It doesn't seems me to difficult for me at first sight but I prefer to have your feelings.

Continuing heavy metal rythm :
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...-rhythm-guitar/

Working chords
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Chord-Melody-Technique/

This
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Basic-Tapping/

And this to improve my vibrato

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 12 2016, 02:12 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, this is a great selection.

The chord melody lesson is very demanding but it's good to make our fingers do uncommon shapes so it's ok to give it a try. The other ones are perfect for you.

Go for them.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Feb 12 2016, 10:37 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 12 2016, 02:12 PM) *
Hi Alex, this is a great selection.

The chord melody lesson is very demanding but it's good to make our fingers do uncommon shapes so it's ok to give it a try. The other ones are perfect for you.

Go for them.

I've taken the Chord melody as main lesson. I love how it sound. The Ben's vibrato and tapping are to improve these skills, I'm not sure making takes for these two on the the workshop.

I've a question about my second take of Manowar's lesson. in your comment, you said I've improved all the issues I pointed. i suppose there's still room to improve them much... Anyway.. You give me the same score than my first take. Is there issues in my second take that aren't here in the first one ?

I ask this without any anger, I just want to understand to make progresses.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 13 2016, 05:05 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, I'm not sure if I gave you a 6 or 7. The lesson deserves a 7 but maybe I've confused, REC grades can be a bit imprecise sometimes but it's a good guide to monitor progress and receive feedback from different instructors. The solo sections needs to be polished. Your vibrato and bending is not consistent, there are noises in some notes, and the overall phrasing could sound smoother.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Feb 24 2016, 11:36 AM
Hi gab,

I start the epic metal rythme lesson and i have a problem with the pinch harmonic on low E string (fret 5). I'm not able to make it sound. Is there a tip for pinch harmonic on low strings ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2016, 03:21 PM
Instructor
Hi alex, if you already know the trick to play pinch harmonics (pick angle and using your right hand thumb to get the harmonic), there are no differences regarding the string that you are using. You can try in moving a bit your hand along the string to see if you find the harmonics easily, add more treble and drive (this makes the harmonics easier) and be sure that your strings aren't too old.

This lesson has useful tips: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Pinch-Harmonics-Workout/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Feb 24 2016, 03:44 PM
I'll try again. I've no difficulties to play it on high strings.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2016, 03:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Alex5 @ Feb 24 2016, 11:44 AM) *
I'll try again. I've no difficulties to play it on high strings.

So it should be the same thing, just stronger picking.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex5
Feb 24 2016, 11:20 PM
It works !

This lesson is a bit difficult for me so I work at half tempo for the moment.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:19 PM