2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Iain Steward From England
iainsteward
Mar 3 2008, 03:46 PM
GMC:er
Hello to Everyone at GMC.

I am new to GMC, but am excited to finally be a part of an online guitar community such as this. I have spoken to Marcus before, many times and he assured me I would enjoy it. So now I sit with guitar in hand and must finish this introduction as quickly as I can to go and lose myself in the GMC Guitar Pool..... Its a pleasure to meet you all, and with all the instructor's help I hope to learn and improve all the time.

Hope to speak to you all soon,
Iain!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 3 2008, 03:50 PM
Welcome Iain. Where abouts in England are you from?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 3 2008, 03:51 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hi mate & welcome to GMC biggrin.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Brother Woodrow
Mar 3 2008, 03:55 PM
Hi Iain! Welcome on board! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Mar 3 2008, 04:02 PM
Instructor
Hey Iain! I'm glad you finally joined biggrin.gif

Welcome smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 3 2008, 04:04 PM
Instructor
Hello Ian, and welcome! Enjoy on GMC! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
iainsteward
Mar 3 2008, 04:05 PM
thanks for the great welcome guys, appreciate it smile.gif

@OrganisedConfusion:

I live in the North East, just outside of Durham. A tiny part of the world known as Greencroft. Although it has been referred to as "God's Allotment" wink.gif

@lavendell:

Hi Marcus, thanks for the welcome....and I couldnt not join after getting the "Lavendell Seal Of Approval" smile.gif

Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome!!
Iain!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 3 2008, 04:09 PM
Cool. I know the place. Got a load of friends that go to Durham University. smile.gif I'm from Blackpool but live in Nottingham. Anyway enjoy GMC as it is a great place biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 3 2008, 04:11 PM
Lets go fishing!
Welcome Iain! Glad you could join the fun smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Mar 3 2008, 04:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (iainsteward @ Mar 3 2008, 04:05 PM) *
Hi Marcus, thanks for the welcome....and I couldnt not join after getting the "Lavendell Seal Of Approval" smile.gif

laugh.gif great! biggrin.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 3 2008, 04:55 PM
Instructor
Welcome Iain,I'm sure you'll enjoy here,and learn much of course! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Mar 3 2008, 04:55 PM
Welcome!

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 3 2008, 05:05 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Welcome Iain- great to have another Brit on the forum. So how long have you played guitar? What styles are you in to?

See you around mate

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 3 2008, 05:24 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome Iain !! Have fun smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
iainsteward
Mar 3 2008, 05:25 PM
Ive been playing guitar for roughly 8 years, but for the first 3 i wasnt very serious about it. I enjoyed sitting learning chords and playing along with some songs. It wasnt until I heard Yngwie Malmsteen that I realised I wanted to practice and get as good as I could possibly be. I still love Malmsteen and strive to play Far Beyond The Sun perfectly....a feat I will achieve before I die, even if i have to get Marcus drunk and "borrow" his hands while he sleeps wink.gif

Nowadays I listen to anything that has good melody and is well written. I keep going back to the same guitarists:

Gus G, Yngwie Malmsteen, Reb Beach, Rob Marcello, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons, Dave Weiner, Edu Ardanuy, Kiko Loureiro, Vinnie Moore, Ted Nugent, Mark Knopfler and many others ranging from metal to jazz to blues.

When writing I try and use melody before anything else, I like the idea of someone humming a melody line from one of my songs days after hearing it. That is more important to me than blistering speed. Although some times its nice to cut loose wink.gif

Hopefully soon I can put some video's up demonstrating some stuff Ive learnt here at GMC and with the help of everyone here (not just the instructors!) I hope I can continue to improve and continue to learn and maybe one day become an Instructor myself.

Best wishes to all,
Iain!!

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Mar 3 2008, 11:23 PM
Instructor
welcome to GMC man

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 3 2008, 11:34 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC !!! have fun man wink.gif

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Mar 3 2008, 11:48 PM
Instructor
Welcome smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jamesito
Mar 4 2008, 12:01 AM
QUOTE (iainsteward @ Mar 3 2008, 03:05 PM) *
thanks for the great welcome guys, appreciate it smile.gif

@OrganisedConfusion:

I live in the North East, just outside of Durham. A tiny part of the world known as Greencroft. Although it has been referred to as "God's Allotment" wink.gif

Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome!!
Iain!

Welcome Iain I hope you have a good time here at GMC, lol "God´s Allotment" Im from Yorkshire lol "Gods Own County" lol... You support sunderland? lol

Jamesito biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
chast
Mar 4 2008, 12:13 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey there smile.gif
Nice guy, already bought me an amp wink.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:27 AM