2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Time For Instructor Plays Instructor?
Alex Arvedahl
Jan 11 2021, 06:23 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hi everyone,

I strumbled upon instructor plays instructor today.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Instru...or-Ben-Gabriel/
From what I can see it has also been done atleast two times earlier
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...ays-instructor/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/bosnia...nianinstructor/

Since the last instructor plays instructor was done a long time ago unless I missed something, I thought it would be a fun idea to do it again smile.gif
What do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 11 2021, 06:54 PM
Instructor
heheh that's a cool idea! Shot your suggested duels!!

I would like to see Guido vs Diego! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 11 2021, 07:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jan 11 2021, 06:23 PM) *
Hi everyone,

Since the last instructor plays instructor was done a long time ago unless I missed something, I thought it would be a fun idea to do it again smile.gif
What do you think?

if inspired or helped by any of these instructors ( GMC), one has to consider himself lucky

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Jan 11 2021, 07:45 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 11 2021, 08:13 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've always thought it would be good to see instructors learn other lessons, I don't just mean the final outcome but it would be good to see video of them in the initial stages. I might make us feel better if we see them struggle, it could make us feel worse though, if they pick things up in no time laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jan 11 2021, 09:26 PM
Learning Chord Basher
I agree with you Phil.

I would like to see Guido vs Kristofer! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 11 2021, 10:31 PM
GMC Founder
I am all up for it 😅but my only problem is I haven't learned anyone else's solo for over a decade..

But maybe we should take this to a new level and do more of a duel/jam kinda thing?

QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Jan 11 2021, 06:23 PM) *
Hi everyone,

What do you think?

Btw that's some really cool piece of GMC history you dug up 😍👌

--------------------

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jan 11 2021, 10:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
That's a great idea!

An instructor trying to learn other instructor's piece!

Shall we make it more interesting and choose lessons with material outside of their comfort zone?

i.e a jazz/blues-style instructor trying to learn a neoclassical piece and vice-versa smile.gif

Bloopers will be awesome as well as a video telling us any difficulties they found and how they dealt with them.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 11 2021, 11:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jan 11 2021, 10:48 PM) *
That's a great idea!

Shall we make it more interesting and choose lessons with material outside of their comfort zone?

i.e a jazz/blues-style instructor trying to learn a neoclassical piece and vice-versa smile.gif

Bloopers will be awesome as well as a video telling us any difficulties they found and how they dealt with them.

Bloopers, come on man these players are professional. 1 and done, they don't need no 2nd take wink.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 12 2021, 01:31 AM
GMC:er
I think that's a great idea. It would be great to see the interplay of what comes out of it!

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 11 2021, 05:31 PM) *
I am all up for it 😅but my only problem is I haven't learned anyone else's solo for over a decade..

But maybe we should take this to a new level and do more of a duel/jam kinda thing?

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 12 2021, 08:11 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 11 2021, 09:31 PM) *

That will probably be better for us mere mortals to see. If, and I repeat IF, we see your struggles, it might make us feel less frustrated with ourselves if that makes sense?

cool.gif

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jan 11 2021, 09:48 PM) *
That's a great idea!

Absolutely, everything is outside my comfort zone so it's only fair wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 12 2021, 08:11 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 12 2021, 08:39 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 11 2021, 11:59 PM) *
Bloopers, come on man these players are professional. 1 and done, they don't need no 2nd take wink.gif

I wish it worked like this!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jan 12 2021, 10:11 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 11 2021, 09:31 PM) *

I also think it is a great idea, its exciting to see how this will turn out biggrin.gif

There is a lot of cool things at GMC, sometimes you just have to dig a bit to find it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 13 2021, 07:22 AM
Learning Tone Master
Haha....that's a cool idea. biggrin.gif

The difficulty will depend on the lesson that must be reproduced but definitely will not be such an easy task for instructors. It's never easy to play a solo made by other person mostly if it's opposite than your style.
It's not about just learning the tab, I personally would like to see details.

This will be the students time to "grade" the instructors. tongue.gif
Will be fun......but with good "students" we must be more demanding ( I learned this from REC). biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 13 2021, 10:06 AM
GMC Founder
I am ready to take up the challenge - if anyone wants to suggest a lesson for me I'll check if I think I can learn it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 13 2021, 10:42 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 11 2021, 08:13 PM) *
I've always thought it would be good to see instructors learn other lessons, I don't just mean the final outcome but it would be good to see video of them in the initial stages. I might make us feel better if we see them struggle, it could make us feel worse though, if they pick things up in no time laugh.gif

This is a cool idea, like some kind of instructor learning video blog.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 13 2021, 11:40 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 13 2021, 09:06 AM) *
I am ready to take up the challenge - if anyone wants to suggest a lesson for me I'll check if I think I can learn it.

Kris I can suggest a lesson for you. smile.gif I not chose by the level of difficulty because on higher lessons the shred is the base and you are the Master of shredding. smile.gif

I personally would love to see you playing something very slow and with more details. This is the lesson that I propose for you smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Drunk-Blues-Soloing/

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jan 13 2021, 11:53 AM
Learning Roadie
Will we see instructors entering the REC zone?

I found this a while ago and I thought this was fun.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44441

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Jan 13 2021, 11:54 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 13 2021, 12:47 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jan 13 2021, 11:53 AM) *
Will we see instructors entering the REC zone?

I found this a while ago and I thought this was fun.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=44441

Hehe why not? The hard part is learning the lesson, the rest is easy 😅

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jan 13 2021, 11:40 AM) *
Kris I can suggest a lesson for you. smile.gif I not chose by the level of difficulty because on higher lessons the shred is the base and you are the Master of shredding. smile.gif

I personally would love to see you playing something very slow and with more details. This is the lesson that I propose for you smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Drunk-Blues-Soloing/

Yummi!! I would love to learn this one anytime 😍

I suspect some shreddy funk lesson might give me most problems, but I would find it much more enjoyable to learn the one you suggested.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 13 2021, 12:53 PM
I'm voting for this one for Kris, Gab or Todd

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Groove-Changes/

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jan 13 2021, 12:57 PM
Learning Chord Basher
I would suggest this lesson
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Funk-Fusion-Phrasing/
or this one
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Odd-Funk-Fusion/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:44 AM