2 Hot Country Solo [ 10 ] ** [76.92%]
3 Funk Fusion Phrasing [ 1 ] ** [7.69%]
Total Votes: 13
Guests cannot vote 
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 14 2021, 03:08 PM
GMC Founder
Here is a follow up to this topic.

The idea is that I choose something that is somewhat outside of my comfort zone, and also do a Vlog of my journey. Here are the lessons I am considering, please help me choose!

1 Diego Budicin's Drunk Blues Soloing

2 Chris Shofner's Hot Country Solo

3 Diego Budicin's Funk Fusion Phrasing

I would like to add that I have not sat down to learn anyone else's solo for over 10 years, and I am seriously nervous at this point 😱I have not analysed these lessons in depth, I have just checked them so that I like the groove and that the techniques used are somewhat within my range.

I am probably most excited about the prospect of learning "Hot Country Solo" - because I have never played anything like that (as far as I can remember at least 😅 - @Monica 🧐). And if I could pull off a fancy country solo of this level I would be insanely proud of myself.

When we have got some votes I will start practicing and then hopefully start Vlogging about my progress. When done I would submit my playing as a REC take for other instructors to grade.

Also, if any other instructor wants to pick this up as well - we could either do a "Instructor Plays Instructor" kinda thing - or learn the same lesson and then compare our versions.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 14 2021, 06:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
i went with the hot country before I even read your thoughts and thought the same thing, out of the comfort zone, thats the one to go with

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2021, 07:45 PM
Instructor
Another vote for the one that seems to be the most uncomfortable. biggrin.gif

Hot Country! Can't wait to see you playing it.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jan 14 2021, 08:31 PM
GMC:er
I am really looking forward to this. Good luck Kris smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 14 2021, 08:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
As you've run away from my suggestion ( https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Groove-Changes/ ) laugh.gif tongue.gif I've gone for the Hot Country, I don't think any of those will be a huge challenge to you though buddy, the two Diego ones already sound like your Sunday live jams on Facebook which is why I went for the Hot Country.

Enjoy and please try not to go ahead of the beat wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 14 2021, 08:57 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 14 2021, 08:51 PM) *
As you've run away from my suggestion ( https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Groove-Changes/ ) laugh.gif tongue.gif I've gone for the Hot Country, I don't think any of those will be a huge challenge to you though buddy, the two Diego ones already sound like your Sunday live jams on Facebook which is why I went for the Hot Country.

Enjoy and please try not to go ahead of the beat wink.gif

Haha being ahead of the beat will def not be the biggest problem 😅

To those who missed: Phil suggested a lesson with 8 finger tapping - a technique which I have never practiced. So I excluded it from the poll 😆

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 14 2021, 09:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
Haha....this time I also don't remember seeing you playing this style. biggrin.gif
You have in 2017 a "Jam: Country Pop Shred" which goes somehow in this direction but there you not used chicken picking.

You know who made a lesson about chicken picking?.....Mr Guitar Tube (2006). tongue.gif I really enjoyed to see again this video. biggrin.gif

Anyway this "Hot Country Solo" sounds awesome and it really looks challenging because is not a style that you usually play. I hardly wait to see the result. Good luck with the lesson and keep us updated how it goes. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 14 2021, 10:09 PM
GMC Founder
😂 haha the singing along in that video sounds hilarious 😆

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 15 2021, 01:39 AM
GMC:er
Another vote for hot country solo!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 15 2021, 03:36 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
I'll be following this a well biggrin.gif Voted for HOT country solo!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 15 2021, 08:23 AM
GMC Founder
Looks like we are on our way to securing a winner 🤩awesome you guys also dig the idea of exploring outside of the comfort zone 🥶😅

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 15 2021, 03:57 PM
GMC Founder
I have started practicing:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=61608
😁

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:38 AM