Skewlbuzz Mtp Thread, June
Lian Gerbino
Jun 3 2010, 10:00 PM
Instructor
Hi Christian! this gonna be our mtp thread for June. I've read your introduction.
so, I will be posting your first assignment soon.
thanks for choosing me as your mentor! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 4 2010, 08:32 PM
Instructor
hi Christian, here's your first assignment.
As you asked on your intro thread, I've chosen this lesson to focus a bit on improving your speed.
here's the secret for the real speed man: Synchronization!
so, as I have a clue of your current level, we gonna start with this lesson which will let me watch how your skills are.
Attention: I only need you to play this lesson until 01:15, if you want to play it all, go ahead. but, for this first assignment I only need that first minute and so.
as you can see, below the "Final Take for..." there's no link now. there, after your first assignment, I will select a lesson you will have to work on this weeks in a side of the weekly assignment. so, this final lesson, will be a goal to reach during the month and this take must be upload to the rec program in representation of an ended phase, in this case, June phase.
any questions are welcome, and have fun!

Assignment 1
3-minutes-warmup-lesson
Final Take for REC Program

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Jun 4 2010, 09:38 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Great, I'll get it done ASAP!

--------------------

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 9 2010, 06:30 PM
Instructor
how is it going man? no rush, just I wanted to know... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Jun 10 2010, 09:14 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Oh it's fine! I just haven't had the time to record a video yet. Will do it later today. I suppose I should just play it 110 bpm as the lesson says? Even though I can do faster smile.gif

--------------------

Guitars:
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Jun 10 2010, 05:55 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
So here it is. First of all, everything went wrong when recording (POD Farm not working properly, and I have no idea why half the picture is green and quality is crap, looks fine in preview before exporting the video), so you only get the first minute or so as you asked.

I feel I have no trouble at all playing this. Using this warmup routine for a week have even made my fingers stronger.
I can do better than this take (both playing and recording), but I have my last exam coming up next week, so I didn't have that much time to focus on this.

And once again sorry for the crappy video, will get better once I have more time!

Link (if the above doesn't work): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrUVm48JE_4

This post has been edited by Skewlbuzz: Jun 12 2010, 08:45 AM

--------------------

Guitars:
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 17 2010, 05:52 PM
Instructor
hey man! very good take smile.gif sorry for the delay but finally here we are.
your take was very good. hands look cool and you showed no big problems playing this.
perhaps the only thing I would suggest you now is to keep playing this every day, trying to keep your fingers closer to the fretboard.
in time, this will come anyway, but if you focus on it from now it will come earlier.

now, your next assignment.

Assignment 2
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Minor_vs_Major_Beginner/

this useful lesson from Muris will help you to know the fretboard 'cause this lesson is changing Key continuously. also it has some alternate picking patterns at the end which will be very useful for improve synchronization.

I think, this is a way to go: I'll try to give you a lesson focused on the technique (like the warming up) and then a lesson with some techniques but more melodic. I think you find this way less boring wink.gif

have fun practising!

btw, don't worry about the video, that was fun! LOL, I''ve never saw that thing-green in any video!

Lian!

This post has been edited by Lian Gerbino: Jun 17 2010, 05:53 PM

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Jun 18 2010, 12:51 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 17 2010, 06:52 PM) *
hey man! very good take smile.gif sorry for the delay but finally here we are.
your take was very good. hands look cool and you showed no big problems playing this.
perhaps the only thing I would suggest you now is to keep playing this every day, trying to keep your fingers closer to the fretboard.
in time, this will come anyway, but if you focus on it from now it will come earlier.

NP on the delay, I won't have to time practice it until after tomorrow (my final exam this semester) anyway.

And I'm not sure I know what you mean keeping the finger close to the fretboard; do you want me to keep my finger-tips closer when not fretting or what? smile.gif

--------------------

Guitars:
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 18 2010, 03:50 PM
Instructor
what I mean when I say: keep the fingers closer to the fretboard or to the strings if you want is:
look at your take and see what is going on: when you play the first pattern, per example, you play:

------------------1-2-3-4
---------1-2-3-4--------
1-2-3-4-----------------

(it's not necessary to write all strings)

well, when you play the notes starting from finger one, you are moving your fingers like a "spider" so, when you reach the 4 note in every string with your finger four, you can see how you lift up the finger one. this is natural, since your fingers are still a bit hard. but if you can see and feel this from the beginning, you'll get it faster.

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Jun 18 2010, 10:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Ok, got it smile.gif

--------------------

Guitars:
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 24 2010, 07:05 PM
Instructor
how's everything man? need any help?

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Jun 25 2010, 08:53 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 24 2010, 08:05 PM) *
how's everything man? need any help?

It's fine, no problems. Just being a bit delayed, sorry about that. Will do the video today or tomorrow smile.gif

--------------------

Guitars:
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 25 2010, 04:38 PM
Instructor
ok man, no problem, have fun practising smile.gif

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Jun 29 2010, 07:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Lian, I'm having some computer trouble to say the least.. Will get the video done as soon as everythings working again. Hopefully tomorrow.. Sorry bout this sad.gif

--------------------

Guitars:
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jun 30 2010, 05:50 PM
Instructor
no problem man, keep practising off line, and come back when everything be working!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 20 2010, 05:40 PM
Instructor
how's everything there?

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 31 2010, 04:45 PM
Instructor
bump*

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:48 PM