8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
What Are You Listening To Right Now?, and why?
MickeM
Jul 1 2007, 12:57 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I'm listening to Dokken - Dream Warriors
great ol song :-)

Why? I've been practicing it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 1 2007, 01:01 AM
Instructor
Right now i am listening to "Hillbilly Militia" by Rusty Cooley!

Why? Totally awesome, groovy riffs and in between totally crazy shred runs using all possible techniques and he still keeps those groovy riffs in between!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 1 2007, 01:15 AM
GMC:er
16 Horsepower. The drummer in my band had some songs of this band he sent me, some days ago.
Sure it was good, but maybe a little too sad/depressive for my taste(and I'm in a blackmetal band... irony tongue.gif).
Today I come to think of the band again, saw som videos of them on youtube. Decided to download(shame on me) Sackcloth 'n' Ashes. I really, really, really love the vocals. The sound and style itself is also really cool, and VERY unique. Never heard anything like this before. Someone called it goth-country. I guess it makes sense.

I recommend everyone to check them out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HO9My5_H6dg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PVm74OkoQmM

Edit: I'm hooked on this s**t now biggrin.gif CHECK IT OUT!! Its soooooo awesome!

This post has been edited by Robin: Jul 1 2007, 01:53 AM

+Quote Post
spdalton
Jul 1 2007, 01:50 AM
Bad Boy Boogie by AC/DC, from their live in Paris album. 13 minutes of blue rock jamming biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

http://www.myspace.com/cashnz

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Jul 1 2007, 01:55 AM
Robben Ford - Talk to your Daughter

Some really cool lead in this one!

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 1 2007, 02:30 AM
Smashing Pumpkins - Glass And The Ghost Children

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jul 1 2007, 02:40 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Jun 30 2007, 07:15 PM) *
16 Horsepower. The drummer in my band had some songs of this band he sent me, some days ago.
Sure it was good, but maybe a little too sad/depressive for my taste(and I'm in a blackmetal band... irony tongue.gif).
Today I come to think of the band again, saw som videos of them on youtube. Decided to download(shame on me) Sackcloth 'n' Ashes. I really, really, really love the vocals. The sound and style itself is also really cool, and VERY unique. Never heard anything like this before. Someone called it goth-country. I guess it makes sense.

I recommend everyone to check them out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HO9My5_H6dg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PVm74OkoQmM

Edit: I'm hooked on this s**t now biggrin.gif CHECK IT OUT!! Its soooooo awesome!

Cool, had not heard them. Thanks.

edit: so in answer to the original question, i guess i am listening to 16 horsepower.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jul 1 2007, 02:42 AM

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 1 2007, 03:29 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jul 1 2007, 01:40 AM) *
Cool, had not heard them. Thanks.

edit: so in answer to the original question, i guess i am listening to 16 horsepower.

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 1 2007, 03:53 AM
Lashed to The Slave Stick- Nile

What can i say, i love death metal, and i love how he growls in this song smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
kahall
Jul 1 2007, 03:55 AM
Learning Roadie
Chevelle - The Vena Sera CD

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 1 2007, 01:27 PM
Found That Soul - Manic Street Preachers

Cos I played heavy all yesterday, and this is an ultimately more intresting concept. Most heavy bands just deal with rage, this doesnt.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 1 2007, 05:12 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Nile - Papyrus Containing The Spell To Preserve Its Possessor Againt He Who Is In The Water

Why? i just bought the single, the songs is godly, Heavy, Fast, Technical, and just Mesmerizing. Amazing Band Nile is.

+Quote Post
icedern
Jul 1 2007, 05:46 PM
QUOTE (kahall @ Jun 30 2007, 09:55 PM) *

My best friend used to skateboard with those guys haha.

Currently, I am listening to The River Dragon Has Come, by Nevermore. Really digging their stuff this week.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pantalaimon
Jul 1 2007, 09:20 PM
QUOTE (kahall @ Jun 30 2007, 09:55 PM) *

part A: wow, I haven't listened to Chevelle in like 2 years. I used to love them. I should dig up their CD

part B: I'm listening to Five for Fighting - 100 Years
~why? because it reminds me of a time period in my past - when I moved from New Jersey to Texas to be exact. Just that whole adventurous feeling of moving to a new place and getting to know it and such is so cool and this song brings it right back. Plus, Five for Fighting's vocalist is brilliant and unique. And I love the piano melody. Beautiful words, beautiful music, beautiful song all around.

--------------------
My Gear:
~Schecter C-1+ (black cherry) w/ Duncan Designed PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Fender Mexican Stratocaster (black) w/ stock PUs, EB Super Slinky strings
~Jasmine by Takamine acoustic (kinda crappy - $90)
~Fender Frontman 25R amp.
~Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive pedal
~Dan-Ecko pedal

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 1 2007, 10:53 PM
Instructor
Exactly at this moment... The new Bjork album called Volta.

Why? She always composes unique and high quality music.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 1 2007, 11:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
Destruction Overdrive - Black Label Society tongue.gif

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
funkymilk
Jul 1 2007, 11:50 PM
Shotgun Messiah - Shout it out..

Why?

It rocks^^

--------------------
Dance with me !

+Quote Post
Gen
Jul 1 2007, 11:57 PM
The orchestral version of aqualung by jethro tull!
Why?
Because i just love beautiful music, and i also want to share it, here s the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnbecEvhVoc
biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 2 2007, 12:31 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 1 2007, 12:12 PM) *
Nile - Papyrus Containing The Spell To Preserve Its Possessor Againt He Who Is In The Water

Why? i just bought the single, the songs is godly, Heavy, Fast, Technical, and just Mesmerizing. Amazing Band Nile is.

Nile=amazing i agrre smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jul 2 2007, 04:27 AM
Rush-Snakes And Arrows
Awesome album

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:01 AM