Fallen Angel, A song of mine.
Gilmore
Mar 28 2008, 03:38 AM
GMC:er
Hi

I´ve recorded this before, but not as a whole song. Now I think it´s ready for my band to do something with it. We have jammed it before with good results. I think I´m happy with it as it is in this take. I´ve left spaces in it for the vocals, when lead guitar stops playing. The singer has already written some lyrics for it, and it´s called Fallen Angel.

It´s just a rough take as usual, mixing could be better, clean guitar maybe a little too loud. The idea is to play a short intro solo and then the singing starts, then do a very short solos between verses and mabye some fills along with the vocals. When the main solo starts, the song goes from Dm up to Em and then down again to Dm, I think I like that part best.

Gear used: Pod X3, Gibson SG 61 (Clean part) and Gibson LP Classic.

Feel free to comment, and any suggestions are always welcome. smile.gif

P.s. The drums are the same through out the song because I don´t know how to work those drum programs. The drummer in my band is on the other hand really good and he adds alot of dynamics and power to the song.

[attachment=6119:Fallen_Angel.mp3]

Here is a recording of the band jamming the song at a practice session few weeks ago. It´s the very first time we played it together, and we were just trying it out. I was most of the time fiddling with the amplifyer and the pedals. There are many out of tune notes, as expected. It was recorded with just one cheap mic in the middle of the room. I´m very pleased with the drums, and I think this could be a great song when it´s done. smile.gif When I listen to the vocals, then the song reminds me of some of the epic King Crimson tunes. I think the last part and the ending sounds pretty good.

[attachment=6120:Fallen_A...l__Live_.mp3]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Gilmore   Fallen Angel   Mar 28 2008, 03:38 AM
- - Trond Vold   I like it Good songidea with good solos. But the...   Mar 28 2008, 04:12 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:44 AM