3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Gmc Song Composing Collab!, Let's make the coolest and most unique tune ever!
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 3 2010, 04:56 PM
GMC Founder
Ok following up on this thread - here is my plan:

You start by submitting your ideas - it could be a guitar pro tab showing a verse or chorus riff/chords/melody, or a real recording.

We brainstorm a little about what direction we want to go for and then I will start working on a draft and we will see what happens. The goal is to get a youtube video up with our song!

Everyone is invited- if you aren't comfortable recording yourself you can still submit ideas and someone else might end up playing them on the recording.

Use this thread for your uploads!

------------------
Latest draft can be found here.

As you might hear there is a bit of Mudbone's and Jitty ideas in the first riff. The second (and list riff) was inspired by Marc's DevilDance (measure 10), and is in F# minor (the first riff is in E minor).
Tuning: Eb
Tempo: 144 bmp

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Nov 9 2010, 12:10 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jitty
Nov 3 2010, 09:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey everyone,

This is a riff I wrote awhile ago, thought I'd share it here. Tell me what you think! I'll upload a video of me playing it as soon as I can.

Attached File  Riff_.gp5 ( 4.23K ) Number of downloads: 233

Prajit

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 3 2010, 10:35 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Here is a resubmission of my post on the other thread. Just a quick recap, I wrote this song as a way to harmonically and melodically practice the E minor scale. The main riffs are looping, so I think it would be a good platform for people to jump in and out of. The harmonized leads probably wouldn't work and don't sound that melodic, so that can definitely be scrapped. I was thinking the harmonized main riff can be played by two people at once in split screen. I'll record a video of this if its in the final mix. Let me know what you guys think smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Harmonic_Sunrise___tuned_down_half_step.gp5 ( 18.08K ) Number of downloads: 203

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Nov 3 2010, 11:45 PM
GMC:er
Marc is back!

here are some riffs ive written!!!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  DevilDance.gp5 ( 17.97K ) Number of downloads: 214
Attached File  sad.gp5 ( 52.03K ) Number of downloads: 218

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 4 2010, 04:55 AM
Sounds Great! I've got a few ideas. Here is a start.

Kind of "Ballady"

here is the mp3

Todd
Attached File  LovesLost.mp3 ( 1.44MB ) Number of downloads: 366

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 4 2010, 09:39 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Jitty @ Nov 3 2010, 09:46 PM) *
Attached File  Riff_.gp5 ( 4.23K ) Number of downloads: 233

Prajit

QUOTE (Mudbone @ Nov 3 2010, 10:35 PM) *
I wrote this song as a way to harmonically and melodically practice the E minor scale. The main riffs are looping, so I think it would be a good platform for people to jump in and out of. The harmonized leads probably wouldn't work and don't sound that melodic, so that can definitely be scrapped. I was thinking the harmonized main riff can be played by two people at once in split screen. I'll record a video of this if its in the final mix. Let me know what you guys think smile.gif

Very nice - both of these gave me ideas to include a section with classic metal (pedal notes and palm muting)!

QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Nov 3 2010, 11:45 PM) *
Marc is back!
here are some riffs ive written!!!

Welcome back Marc! =)

I found your breaks in the beginning very inspirational I'll try with an arrangement using those.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 4 2010, 04:55 AM) *
here is the mp3

Todd
Attached File  LovesLost.mp3 ( 1.44MB ) Number of downloads: 366

Both this one and Marc's "sad" gave me ideas to include a softer - maybe clean/acoustic break. I haven't done a lot of those so it will be fun to try.

This is exciting - if we end up realising all this stuff we're going to get something really progressive sounding!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 4 2010, 04:41 PM
GMC Founder
People we need your input!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 4 2010, 10:26 PM
GMC Founder
Ok I have got something going on using the ideas of Jitty, Mudbone and Marc. It's all riffing so far - I am waiting little with the clean part as I think that will need to come as break further into the tune.

I need to play around with the riffs some more and then program some drums and get recording...watch this space!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 4 2010, 11:13 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 4 2010, 05:26 PM) *
Ok I have got something going on using the ideas of Jitty, Mudbone and Marc. It's all riffing so far - I am waiting little with the clean part as I think that will need to come as break further into the tune.

I need to play around with the riffs some more and then program some drums and get recording...watch this space!

Cool dude, can't wait to hear it smile.gif

--------------------

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 5 2010, 01:47 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
This is just an idea with Am7, Dm7, Em7...rhythm motif varies for ideas. Just a thought.

Attached File  GMC_Collab_Idea.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 260

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 5 2010, 03:54 AM
Great smile.gif how about this little bit?

Attached File  Not_Coming_Back.mp3 ( 3.29MB ) Number of downloads: 356

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 5 2010, 04:18 AM
Learning Roadie
Here are my thoughts. It's heavy. I don't know what this collab will end up being like...but even if these ideas aren't used, I still have a new idea for a future composition! tongue.gif I did some overdubbing, you will notice. This is rough...not played with drums - just riffing. cool.gif

This post has been edited by thefireball: Nov 5 2010, 04:19 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  heavy_dark_metal.mp3 ( 1.45MB ) Number of downloads: 284

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 5 2010, 12:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I have a cool sounding clean riff if you want, but I'm at school atm, so I can't upload it. I can do it tomorow morning! Maybe it's online here somewhere.... lemme search....

Ah, here it is: pls take a listen smile.gif https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=17429

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 5 2010, 11:09 PM
GMC Founder
Ok here is a first draft. It's all very thinsounding and untight - and will need A LOT of input from you guys... But let me know what you think about this and if you have any ideas on how to continue with the tune.

As you might hear there is a bit of Mudbone's and Jitty ideas in the first riff. The second (and list riff) was inspired by Marc's DevilDance (measure 10), and is in F# minor (the first riff is in E minor).

Tuning: Eb
Tempo: 144 bmp

Attached File(s)
Attached File  song_collab_superdraft1.mp3 ( 1005.99K ) Number of downloads: 318

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 6 2010, 01:32 AM
Seems like E Flat Minor? Maybe my tuning is off though. Maybe more counterpoint, melody, etc? It's working in to something spiff wink.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 6 2010, 01:55 AM
Learning Roadie
sounding awesome to me!! E flat alright!

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 6 2010, 07:05 AM
Sounds great Kristopher smile.gif As far as input, maybe adding some harmonized parts perhaps?

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 6 2010, 07:38 AM
I"m digging the direction so far! Looks to be another killer collab on deck.

Based on the clip/rough cut, I put something together to maybe make sense out of what I was trying to say. Sometimes words just don't work as well as music.
Attached File  Counterpoint.mp3 ( 1.21MB ) Number of downloads: 240

It may not work. Just a musical thought smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Nov 6 2010, 02:06 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hope I'm not too late, I've been composing some stuff lately taht I want to use for own songs, but I'll just throw it in the ring here.
The first one is a faster riff, the second one a slow, sad, ballady type of riff.
Looking forward to hear your opinions!
Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 6 2010, 05:34 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 6 2010, 01:32 AM) *
Seems like E Flat Minor?

Sorry I keep forgetting to mention that - I have edited my post!

Status report:

I am currently working on including some kind of harmonized lead - as suggested by Mudbone and Todd. Also I am trying to fine tune our arrangement and hopefully also record tighter rhythm guitars.

Please keep suggestions coming - I need all the help I can get (drum programming, sound, arrangement, adding synths/dubs etc). Also feel free to record any idea you have over the backing.

Please also keep your new riff suggestions coming. I am currently prioritizing getting the first parts down before I include new ones, but as soon as we are ready for more sections I will deep dive into all your ideas.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:25 AM