4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Do Any Of You Lift Weights?
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2012, 11:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 23 2012, 08:21 AM) *
A little bit of both, but more for the rugged terrain. I like to be prepared!

I like to be prepared sounds so depicted from my book wink.gif I like the wilderness and the spot where I am in right now is still wild smile.gif I hope the stupid campers won't come by EVER! The on;y thing they do, is listen to horrible music and leave a trail of garbage behind...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jul 23 2012, 11:31 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Everyday two soup spoons of brown millet ( BIOPRODUCT !)

Soure milk and soure chesseproducts !

NO Sweets and SUGAR !

Fresh Vegetables and Fruits ( Bio ! ) and Herbs

If you are not a vegetarian - fish and beaf

Soja - Tofu

No chemical stuff !

Just normal food so !

Muscle training combined with running and stretching program is a MUST !

Thats what i did and do now a lot of years and it works to me .

I forgott a lot of fresh water 3- 4 liter a day should help to !
Dieter

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Jul 23 2012, 11:48 AM

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 23 2012, 11:32 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 23 2012, 10:11 AM) *
I like to be prepared sounds so depicted from my book wink.gif I like the wilderness and the spot where I am in right now is still wild smile.gif I hope the stupid campers won't come by EVER! The on;y thing they do, is listen to horrible music and leave a trail of garbage behind...

I encounter that problem very often. Once every couple months a few friends and I go hiking with the intention of grabbing garbage. It gives me a break from music, gets me outdoors, and makes the world a bit more beautiful.

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jul 23 2012, 11:40 AM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 23 2012, 12:32 PM) *
I encounter that problem very often. Once every couple months a few friends and I go hiking with the intention of grabbing garbage. It gives me a break from music, gets me outdoors, and makes the world a bit more beautiful.

GREAT ! biggrin.gif

Dieter

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2012, 11:43 AM
Instructor
Nihilist! We need people like you in Romania! sad.gif

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 23 2012, 11:49 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 23 2012, 10:43 AM) *
Nihilist! We need people like you in Romania! sad.gif

It bugs me so very much that people trash the land like that... I am a bit of a nature - loving black metal hippie after all laugh.gif

If I ever become famous enough to tour Romania, how about you and I take some time to go 'garbage hunting'?

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2012, 11:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 23 2012, 10:49 AM) *
It bugs me so very much that people trash the land like that... I am a bit of a nature - loving black metal hippie after all laugh.gif

If I ever become famous enough to tour Romania, how about you and I take some time to go 'garbage hunting'?

I would be honored! We can also take my band mates along! We all love nature!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 23 2012, 12:16 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 23 2012, 10:52 AM) *
I would be honored! We can also take my band mates along! We all love nature!

Sounds great!

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 23 2012, 12:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 23 2012, 11:32 AM) *

That's a very cool thing to do smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 23 2012, 01:07 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 23 2012, 11:40 AM) *
That's a very cool thing to do smile.gif

I figure I might as well help offset the amount of filth that we produce. I would rather help nature than most people any day of the week, so it is my way of being nice, I guess. I don't actually talk with people all that often. I am surprised I do so well here in the forum! smile.gif

The fact is, I would be the perfect hermit!

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 23 2012, 02:48 PM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 23 2012, 05:49 AM) *

I'm a neat freak and it pisses me off to see garbage on the side of the road!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jul 23 2012, 06:44 PM
GMC:er
I do some freerunning, so need the strength. A few tips I learnt...

You need protein - A good source from lean meats. It's best to cook eggs, add a sprinkle of water and make into a fluffy omelette or something - two eggs whites to one yellow part to adsorb protein best without too much fat content - be easy on the cheeses. Protein shakes can help a lot as there's no fat and multi-proteins for the body to adsorb.

Prewarm up with one standing and one sitting carido (such as jogging then rowing).

Exercise one or two muscle groups at a time (just focus on those, not the entire body). Then the next day, you rest those while either taking a break or working out another group. It's during the resting period that muscles actually develop.

Mix up exercise patterns every now and then. Never stick to a pattern more than a week, as the body learns and adapts to it. The body will only create enough muscles to perform the exercises then stops developing, but mixing it up, your body has to keep guessing and developing more.

Ensure your doing the exercises correctly for the right muscle groups and not throwing other muscles into help out (such as your back). Perform them slow and smoothly at the same speed in both directions and make sure your breathing through it correctly.

I highly suggest P90X if you want something that actually works quite well, but aren't afraid to work for it.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Jul 23 2012, 06:46 PM

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jul 23 2012, 06:51 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 23 2012, 08:13 AM) *
I guess some of us were just meant to stay skinny !!

Thats right !

--------------------

+Quote Post
ringmar
Jul 24 2012, 12:53 AM
Do the plyometrics workout from P90 X.

It'll kick your ass, and make you run faster and able to run for longer periods of time. Speaking from personal experience here.

Eventually the plyo workout will become easyish depending on how intense you go at it. If that happens, find the plyo/cardio workouts from "Insanity" workout and move on to those.

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 24 2012, 01:00 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 23 2012, 10:32 AM) *

Respect man!! That is an amazing thing to do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 24 2012, 01:38 AM
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jul 24 2012, 12:00 AM) *
Respect man!! That is an amazing thing to do.

Thanks!

I do happen to have the entire P90x series. I just feel really intimidated watching it. I don't know if I have the capability to keep up with those intense programs. It seems like those guys are crazy!

Maybe I should start working on it, though. Just in case, you know, the zombies come for me laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

PS. That last bit was definitely a joke.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
spacebran
Jul 24 2012, 06:41 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 22 2012, 07:24 PM) *
I'm trying to find the right products to build muscle mass, get stronger and faster and build endurance.

Anyone have any products to suggest?

As others suggested, definitely look into getting a whey protein powder. To build muscle, you need some serious protein intake. It's good to eat around 5 times a day (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner) and try to aim for 30-40 grams of protein in each meal. That's 150-200 grams a day already. You should look up how much protein you should aim for based on your weight. Also, chocolate milk is one of the best things to drink after a workout.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 24 2012, 07:15 AM
Instructor
What do you think about functional training? Those programs used by Hugh Jackman or the dudes in '300' to build up mass and look stunning in a relatively short period of time? It's a combo of bodyweight exercises and a serious nutrition plan out of what I have read. Anybody know more about this?

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 24 2012, 07:16 AM

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 24 2012, 07:20 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 24 2012, 06:15 AM) *
What do you think about functional training? Those programs used by Hugh Jackman or the dudes in '300' to build up mass and look stunning in a relatively short period of time? It's a combo of bodyweight exercises and a serious nutrition plan out of what I have read. Anybody know more about this?

Isn't P90X a Functional training program? They have a meal plan and everything if you want to go that extra step. Let me tell you, I have a friend who does it and he packed on a LOT of muscle in 2 months alone.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 24 2012, 08:10 AM
Instructor
I shall look it up on youtube - it is posted there, I presume? smile.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:28 AM