Need A Little Direction Please
symon
Aug 6 2007, 04:07 AM
GMC:er
hi first of all i would just like to say hi and say how much i am enjoying this site i have just got back into guitar after one of my kids decided to start playing so i thought it would be good if we both learnt when i was a kid i mucked around with guitar i would just learn the starts of songs (was pretty crappy ) so thought i would start over and do things right ok so this leads me to my question
i have gone through the beginner lessons and know the fingerings to the two scales the A minor pentatonic and the C major where should i go from there ? i have been noodleing with some of the lessons in the video lesson section but could really do with some direction
warm regards symon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 6 2007, 04:45 AM
Learning Roadie
When you say that you know the fingerings, do you mean you can improvise on them? Do you KNOW the scales?

What music do you like to play, etc?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 6 2007, 05:09 AM
Hey man
I think thats really cool how you are going to start playing guitar again with your son. smile.gif Have you learned to strum some of the basic chords yet? If not i would work on that right now and learn to memorize some of the chords like G,C,D,A,E ect.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Hungus
Aug 6 2007, 05:16 AM
Thats pretty cool man... What I would suggest is you just watch a bunch of different videos and pick 2 maybe 3 that you think sound really awesome and just commit yourself to learning them. If you chose something that sounds really sweet you will be much more motivated to learn it quickly.

In the end it really comes down to what you actually want to learn and play though..

This post has been edited by Hungus: Aug 6 2007, 05:17 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
symon
Aug 6 2007, 06:35 AM
JVM i just know those two scale patterns wouldn't say i know the scales as such as for improvise with them i stuff around a little and sometimes get some ok stuff going on (sometimes lol) as for musical tastes anything early and heavy learning hells bells (acdc) at the moment
shredmandan i know the basic chords and can change between them relatively easy and move between them and barre chords
Hungus i looked at the three part neo classical lesson (beginner one)just working on speed now
i guess what i am trying to say is i looked at the next scale lessons but do i need to know more patterns i kinda struggled with those lessons is there another scale lesson that i have overlooked i see in discussions people talking about boxes and other things i hope this makes a little more sense
thank you for your replies and it is fun learning with my son he is 14 thats the age i first picked up a guitar but like now i lacked direction and just stuffed around this time i want it to be different i just want it to be fun for him not stressful actually today i just went and picked up an epiphone les paul gothic, wicked guitar hope it keeps me motivated smile.gif
warm regards symon

This post has been edited by symon: Aug 6 2007, 06:40 AM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 6 2007, 08:29 AM
Instructor
Hi Symon! smile.gif
Regarding to pentatonics,I did a lesson called Pentatonic Substitution , hope that might help you. wink.gif
Also,there are many more plus Andrew's theory lessons,so browse around a bit a tell us if you need more help!!
Cheers

Muris

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
symon
Aug 6 2007, 08:48 AM
wow muris thats a cool lesson thank you awesome sound thanks for the reply and i just checked out the theory lessons from andrew think that might be what i am after too you have been a great help
warm regards symon

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 6 2007, 08:54 AM
Instructor
Glad if I can be of any help Symon!
Wish you luck in your studying here at GMC and let us know how is it going! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:09 PM