> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

K1r - Ben's Vibrato Odyssey
Grade
Ben's Vibrato Odyssey
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

K1R
Sep 3 2010, 09:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ben's Vibrato Odyssey

Guitar: Samick Royale 3
Effects: Boss ME-25
DAW: SONAR 8.5 LE

I've recorded the backing track by placing my phones near speakers.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Sep 13 2010, 07:54 PM

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Sep 4 2010, 11:53 AM
Jazz Instructor
Very good. You should have turned volume up for guitar a little bit. You also had 1 mistake, at about 00:30, rhythmical mistake.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Sep 10 2010, 07:08 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Nice! Now all you have to do is to develop your own vibrato from this one!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 13 2010, 10:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (K1R @ Sep 3 2010, 09:13 PM) *
Ben's Vibrato Odyssey

Guitar: Samick Royale 3
Effects: Boss ME-25
DAW: SONAR 8.5 LE

I've recorded the backing track by placing my phones near speakers.

Great take ! Sorry I missed this... I'm still a bit slow navigating my way around GMC ! ;-)

OK, it's excellent to see you putting the classical vibrato to good use.... I'd like to see you use the little finger as well eventually, but that's a great start. You can apply what you've learnt with your strong fingers to your other fingers in time :-)

When you become more confident with the vibrato, you'll be able to shift between notes a little quicker. At the moment, you're cutting them a little short in order to move to the next note, but that's something you'll naturally improve with. I'm very pleased :-)

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 13 2010, 02:58 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8 on this one, pass!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:45 PM