Drop D On Floyd Rose
besip
Aug 22 2011, 10:50 PM
GMC:er

i be can try this by my self but with mi knowledge be better to ask first rolleyes.gif
can i change the regular string settings where we have E-A-D-G-B-E to drop D on floyd rose without fear from put guitar or floyd rose out of tune???

and also if this don't be problem.Do be enough to drop the low E to D with the Fine tunning knobs?
thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Aug 22 2011, 10:55 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (besip @ Aug 22 2011, 10:50 PM) *
i be can try this by my self but with mi knowledge be better to ask first rolleyes.gif
can i change the regular string settings where we have E-A-D-G-B-E to drop D on floyd rose without fear from put guitar or floyd rose out of tune???

and also if this don't be problem.Do be enough to drop the low E to D with the Fine tunning knobs?
thanks

it is possible, but I doubt you`ll be able to do it on the fine tuning knobs, it may throw out the tension on the floyd rose as well as the bottom E string wont have as much tension.

certainly possible but will need some fiddlling around on the general set up.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Chris Evans: Aug 22 2011, 10:56 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 23 2011, 05:39 AM
Instructor
it's probably going mess with your overall intonation, but give it a try and if it doesn't work go back to the regular tuning, that should work just fine, but if you don't have any experience take your guitar to a pro smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Aug 23 2011, 09:51 AM
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Aug 23 2011, 05:39 AM) *
it's probably going mess with your overall intonation

Intonation should be fine, provided it was ok in the first place of course, and provided you set your trem right once your drop tune the bottom E

Shame you live soooo far away, I could do this for you no problem. Floyd Rose guitars are not hard to set up, theres plenty of video`s on youtube to help you with trem spring tension adjustment so that your bridge remains horizontal to the guitars body.

Just to double check, is your Floyd Rose a full floating trem (they are not always fully floating) or can you only dive bomb? if its the later then you`ll have no problems just detuning the Bottom E smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 23 2011, 10:24 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
There's a system that make this in a flick of the switch.
Look up D-Tuna.
Don't know how reliable it is, never tried it myself. Seem to be working for Van Halen.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Aug 23 2011, 10:36 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 23 2011, 10:24 AM) *
There's a system that make this in a flick of the switch.
Look up D-Tuna.
Don't know how reliable it is, never tried it myself. Seem to be working for Van Halen.

yea it was fitted to the Wolfgang guitars as standard, but they are dive bomb only trems, thats the only way that will work

fitting a D-Tuna if you want to go back n forth on tunings is a way to go but you`ll defo have to "stabalize" the bridge in order to fit one.

check out this page http://www.dtuna.com/setup.php

This post has been edited by Chris Evans: Aug 23 2011, 10:55 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
besip
Aug 23 2011, 03:33 PM
thanks all cool.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 23 2011, 03:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Aug 23 2011, 04:36 AM) *
yea it was fitted to the Wolfgang guitars as standard, but they are dive bomb only trems, thats the only way that will work

fitting a D-Tuna if you want to go back n forth on tunings is a way to go but you`ll defo have to "stabalize" the bridge in order to fit one.

uhh.. this looks interesting, checking it out.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
besip
Aug 24 2011, 12:12 AM
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Aug 23 2011, 10:36 AM) *

it's look like great tools...if this stuff work well then lot of guys can save moneyand don't buy second axe for drop D tuning
to me just look like the dtuna is to close to guitar body and i'm afraid with using the whamy bar i be can scratch the guitar rolleyes.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 24 2011, 12:54 AM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, if it's a floating trem you definitely will have to readjust things a bit. It's not so drastic though. Just a few spring screw turns.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 24 2011, 02:37 AM
Learning Tone Master
change the strings , block the trem.in the proper(original) position,from moving (down, not up), tune the guitar, slowly tighten the screws until the block loosens slightly
now you should be close enough to do a final tunig and be good to go

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:25 PM