> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
El Hombre's Thread, for Gab's Army
ElHombre
May 10 2013, 12:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
I have a question a about chords.
If you are going to play for example sus4 chord.
Should you learn it in all CAGED shapes? Cause with these chords, I only use E and A shape

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 10 2013, 01:55 PM
Instructor
Hi mate. Suspended chords are those ones that replace the third by the second or forth. The most used positions are the ones that you already know A and E shapes, because the cooler sound of this chords is gotten when you have the suspended note in the higher strings. However you can convert to suspended every triad and every position and inversion.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 15 2013, 05:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Im doing the rock song I didnt do last summer
here is a intro riff

Attached File(s)
Attached File  rocksongriff.mp3 ( 387.75K ) Number of downloads: 80

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 16 2013, 03:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ May 15 2013, 01:56 PM) *
Im doing the rock song I didnt do last summer
here is a intro riff

Hi mate, this riff sounds cool! I didn't understand well, are you composing this one?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 16 2013, 03:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes I am, last summer I said I was going to do a instrumental rock song little satriani/vai style but didnt complete it, this time I will smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 16 2013, 03:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ May 16 2013, 11:51 AM) *
Yes I am, last summer I said I was going to do a instrumental rock song little satriani/vai style but didnt complete it, this time I will smile.gif

Sounds great! Next step: verse. Do you have some ideas?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 20 2013, 09:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes im going to use my synth, also make a small variation on the riff, using gallop technique.
Then I need prechorus and chorus smile.gif

Idea developed with verse:

Attached File(s)
Attached File  rocksong1.1.mp3 ( 747.75K ) Number of downloads: 89

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 22 2013, 04:12 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! It's evolving really good. The only comment that I have to do is that you should pay attention to your timing, both in rhythm and melodies. I know that this is a demo but it would be very useful if you get used to record everything played tight and groovy.
Keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jun 19 2013, 01:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
sent you a new PM with a working link (i hope) smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 19 2013, 08:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jun 19 2013, 09:14 AM) *
sent you a new PM with a working link (i hope) smile.gif

Check my answer! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jul 21 2013, 09:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Gab
Long time smile.gif

Anyway, here is the chorus of my new song.
The transition feels a little weird though. It switched from 6/8 to 4/4 and becomes a little slower.

Well it surprises even me when it comes, and i have written it xD
So, who do I make smoother transition?

I know there are many ways like complete stop, bass slide. Right now I have a drum fill.

Have a listen, it starts with the verse then sends you in to the chorus

Attached File(s)
Attached File  elhombrerocksong.mp3 ( 541.63K ) Number of downloads: 71

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 22 2013, 04:19 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, yeah, you are right, the change is not smooth and it sounds like too slow when it goes to 6/8. Why don't you experiment with the tempo of the new part. Maybe using a faster tempo the change will be cooler.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Jul 22 2013, 09:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes I was thinking of that but didnt know how to have different tempos in the DAW, but it was a google search away ^^
190 bpm on 4/4 and 150 bpm on 6/8 melted good togheter.

I dont know how to say, but it feels like its the same tempo when its not smile.gif

Only problem is now I got to practice that tapping chorus a lot haha

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Jul 22 2013, 09:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 23 2013, 02:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Jul 22 2013, 05:56 PM) *
Yes I was thinking of that but didnt know how to have different tempos in the DAW, but it was a google search away ^^
190 bpm on 4/4 and 150 bpm on 6/8 melted good togheter.

I dont know how to say, but it feels like its the same tempo when its not smile.gif

Only problem is now I got to practice that tapping chorus a lot haha

haha excellent! Sometimes it's important to make tempo changes, even more when the groove changes like that. Can I listen to it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Aug 5 2013, 11:11 AM
Learning Rock Star
Here it is smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  rocksong1.5.mp3 ( 549.39K ) Number of downloads: 77

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 5 2013, 03:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Aug 5 2013, 07:11 AM) *
Here it is smile.gif

Cool! The transition is smoother now, well done. Those are very tricky licks, you will have to work on them slowly.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Aug 22 2013, 10:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Gab

Do you have any good way of praticing chords, inversions and maybe progessions?
Easy as advanced

I need to go trhough my chord register since i will be working with a lot of other muscicans i am new with

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 23 2013, 05:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Aug 22 2013, 06:31 AM) *
Hey Gab

Do you have any good way of praticing chords, inversions and maybe progessions?
Easy as advanced

I need to go trhough my chord register since i will be working with a lot of other muscicans i am new with

Hi mate. I have a book that is my bible of chords. I check it very frequently, every time that I want to incorporate new chord shapes to my vocabulary. It's called "Chord Chemistry". Do you know it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Nov 15 2013, 02:33 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Gab
I have a question regarding pratice.

Do you think I could instead learn complicated solos with different techniques, right now for example I study the solos
of Born Of osiris, and I think you learn a lot from that first listen than learn.

I think that is a much better way then doing these book regular exercises.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2013, 06:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Nov 14 2013, 10:33 PM) *
Hey Gab
I have a question regarding pratice.

Do you think I could instead learn complicated solos with different techniques, right now for example I study the solos
of Born Of osiris, and I think you learn a lot from that first listen than learn.

I think that is a much better way then doing these book regular exercises.

Hi mate, yes! This can really works if you are disciplined and work on the parts until you master them. Sometimes you have to create variations or loops of the trickier parts to focus on them and be able to play them perfect. Have you seen this thread? LINK

The good side about building a routine like the ones that I offer in my army is that I share mostly GMC lesson, most of them are musical ideas, and I create a schedule that covers all the techniques I consider important. If you work diary on this techniques, you will be mastering each of them and training your playing to be able to play whatever you imagine or hear without technique limits.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:16 AM