2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Jazz Instructor Coming In!, Ben Howell
wheeler
May 9 2007, 09:29 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 8 2007, 10:20 PM) *
biggrin.gif

Lets do a Stanley Jordan Lesson!

ohmy.gif laugh.gif I never thought I'd read that sentence on this site when I was signing up. Stanley Jordan's stuff is CRAZY. That would be like a jazz/tapping/theory/legato lesson all wrapped into one.

And I am SUPER glad to have a jazz instructor joining the team. IHMO, learning jazz in general is the ultimate path to musical nirvana. I hope that theory and technique will be equally weighted in the lessons.....I know there will be those who disagree, but I believe jazz to be a musical genre in which theory is indispensable and you can't really achieve greatness by winging it. I am aware that lots of the greats started playing by ear....but what they were playing by ear was theoretically brilliant. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
May 9 2007, 10:04 PM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
Make no mistake, Theory is an INVALUABLE asset of guitar playing in general, expecially in the jazz context, and i will be adding and hopefully explaining well the concepts the lessons cover smile.gif

Ben

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 10 2007, 12:36 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
If you do a Stanley Jordan lesson ill paypal you $50

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 10 2007, 12:46 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (benhowell @ May 9 2007, 05:04 PM) *
Make no mistake, Theory is an INVALUABLE asset of guitar playing in general, expecially in the jazz context, and i will be adding and hopefully explaining well the concepts the lessons cover smile.gif

Ben

And I'll be standing by to expand on the theory where necessary (although I am sure Ben will do a great job of explaining everything !)

I can see theory getting a big boost in the next few months smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Leijon
May 10 2007, 09:40 AM
The value of this site just keeps growing. I haven´t been able to play so much for a while, but I STILL get my money back just following the discussions on the forum and watching lessons.

I am extremely excited by the new instructor! Pure brilliance on Kris part for seeing the possibility and acting on it. I am curious on what else he has planned for the future of GMC!

And to Ben: I would be excited to see an "In the style of Pat Methany" lesson. And, I know I am being fuzzy here, a lesson on "acoustic-jazz-chords-arranging" would be óutstanding!

Welcome!

This post has been edited by Leijon: May 10 2007, 09:40 AM

--------------------
Leijon, Sweden
Guitars:
Taylor T5 Standard S1
Fender Classic Series '60s Custom Telecaster with Bigsby
Amp
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Stuff:
Boss ME 80 multieffect
Zoom Player 2020 (yeah!)
sore fingers...

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 10 2007, 10:06 AM
so when you gonna be gettin in??

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Suib
May 11 2007, 01:32 AM
I'm really glad that this site is opening up to more genres of music. Rock is still my favorite, but everyone can still benefit and get inspiration from different kinds of music. Welcome Ben and I hope you like it here!

--------------------
"THAT ONE GUITAR!!!" - Foriegner

+Quote Post
edgor67
May 11 2007, 02:52 AM
He has a lot of Les Paul in his style. g

+Quote Post
crabman
May 11 2007, 07:22 AM
Welcome Ben. Ive never played any Jazz . But after listening to your tracks I am looking forward to learning. Cant wait for your first lesson.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 11 2007, 09:41 AM
Lets go fishing!
No way!

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Mar 13 2015, 10:44 AM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 11 2007, 09:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ May 11 2007, 10:41 AM) *
No way! I am from Somerset England too biggrin.gif

Well - there you have a teacher! smile.gif But you are not allowed to quit GMC biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Pavel: May 11 2007, 09:44 AM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 11 2007, 10:16 AM
Lets go fishing!

Not a chance.......I have to many GMC lessons lined up to do! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Mar 13 2015, 10:44 AM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
May 11 2007, 11:06 AM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
Hey Thanks for the welcome guys!! What a welcoming forum smile.gif

Yep from somerset, but im in Bath at the moment though (which still is somerset!). biggrin.gif

Lesson should be up soon, and a few more are planned on their way smile.gif

Ben

This post has been edited by benhowell: May 11 2007, 01:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:23 PM