2 Pages V   1 2 >  
View New Posts, Hasn't worked for me in a while
kahall
Jun 18 2010, 05:30 AM
Learning Roadie
My favorite feature in the forum is "View New Posts." Lately more often then not it does not work and I get
Board Message The error returned was: Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 5 seconds before trying again.
This happens when I first stop by or after I have been setting on the forum for a while and click it. I know people are posting things. It could be some plug in I have in Firefox which is what I am using BTW. Just curios if it is me or if this is happening to anyone else. I can switch browsers and it will probably be fine but I have not tried it yet.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
emirb
Jun 18 2010, 07:36 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
It happens to me sometimes (also using firefox if that's relevant). But not very often, if it doesn't work (gives that red message) I click on the GMC forum root node and than hit the show today's posts. It's a work-around that works for me:)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jun 18 2010, 09:02 AM
GMC:er
It happens every time for me...
"Board Message The error returned was: Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 5 seconds before trying again."

Even the 'show today's active posts' does the same.

I'm wondering if it's related to connection speed, because it happen after I just updated from ASDL to ASDL2...

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Artemus
Jun 18 2010, 10:55 AM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Past couple of days I've had this problem but since logging in this morning, it's all fine now. Clicking on "Today's active posts" on the forum homepage brings up this error though if I'm not logged in.

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jun 18 2010, 03:19 PM
I had the same problem, following a problem where the forum (a) logged me out and (cool.gif wouldn't remember my login when navigating any of the forum parts of the site.

I killed my GMC cookies and the forum kept me logged in but ... no new posts ever. no post tracking either, it reports the flood protection AND the forums themselves appear to be 100% read.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 18 2010, 03:48 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
It happenned to me yesterday, I didn't get any new posts in the vening for some reason. Seems to be fine now though

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
kahall
Jun 18 2010, 06:18 PM
Learning Roadie
I switched browser to Safari. Same result. It just doesn't work for me.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 19 2010, 03:49 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
This is now occurring for me since the past 3 days.
I'm addicted to view new posts link. I cannot browse GMC without it.
Is someone working to resolve this or has a workaround?

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 19 2010, 04:26 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (zen @ Jun 19 2010, 03:49 PM) *
This is now occurring for me since the past 3 days.
I'm addicted to view new posts link. I cannot browse GMC without it.
Is someone working to resolve this or has a workaround?

Same for me...also, the "todays active topics" link doesn't work either.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 19 2010, 06:52 PM
Learning Roadie
hmm...hadn't tried this until now. Yeah it's doing it with me too.

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jun 19 2010, 10:49 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Same here.
I get the following message: "Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 5 seconds before trying again."

It's been this way for a couple of days now.
IE8, Win7.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 20 2010, 09:25 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Fran @ Jun 18 2010, 04:48 PM) *
It happenned to me yesterday, I didn't get any new posts in the vening for some reason. Seems to be fine now though

I had this problem as well - but it's working for me now (tested in firefox & Chrome).

Those who have problems - anything more you can tell me is appreciated. Have you tried clearing your cookies/cache , testing another browser etc? I am addicted to view new posts as well, so I'd hate it if it stopped working!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 20 2010, 09:52 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Kris,
still doesn't work for me. I have the problem for about a week now, even though I cleared my cookies and tested it with IE (which I never use) and firefox (my standard)...

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 20 2010, 10:52 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 20 2010, 10:52 AM) *
Hi Kris,
still doesn't work for me. I have the problem for about a week now, even though I cleared my cookies and tested it with IE (which I never use) and firefox (my standard)...

hm and you are speaking about this link, right?

--------------------

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 20 2010, 11:29 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
The link still still shows up an error for me.. Tested on firefox 3.6.3, IE 8 and just installed chrome and the result is negative.

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 20 2010, 12:27 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 20 2010, 11:52 AM) *
hm and you are speaking about this link, right?

Yes Kris,
that's the one. But the "today's active topics" link doesn't work, either.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 21 2010, 11:07 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
It's workin now. Thanks.

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 21 2010, 11:11 AM
GMC Founder
Yes this should work now - it was a bug related to a fix we have done with the server clock.

Thanks a lot for reporting!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jun 21 2010, 03:29 PM
No longer returning the "flood control" message, but it is returning that there are no posts for a time of day --and after a whole night of not checking posts-- when there should be many posts.

I'll assume it was just fixed and try back in a few hours, thanks for the fix smile.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 21 2010, 03:43 PM
Learning Roadie
working again!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:55 PM