A Tip For You
Constie
Dec 20 2007, 07:45 PM
GMC:er
Hi there

Maybe it has been said before and maybe the most of you already know, but however I want to say what I found out.
Well we all have been practising a lot of licks and solo-stuff and I get really insane when I practise a lick for the 100time and I still hit a wrong note when I speed up.

As I was sitting around at school I started to play some licks with my left hand. Not on a guitar but just in the air. (I already did this long time ago)
So I noticed that playing a lick is actually not something your fingers have to learn, it's something you have to get in mind. As soon as your mind is ready to play it your fingers will be almost ready, too.

So instead of playing the lick 3 hours on real guitar I take those really difficult licks and play them first in the air when I got nothing to do.
As soon as you play that lick on your real guitar it will be much easier because you know how to move your fingers.

Please leave comments
Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
You can't take the effect and make it the cause
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 20 2007, 08:19 PM
yeah, i think the research that fkalich found has to do alot with this, i always "practice" when i dont have a guitar at hand biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Ayen
Dec 20 2007, 09:08 PM
Me too, if I'm at school or something, I'm playing so much air guitar that it looks like I've got ADD.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Dec 20 2007, 09:13 PM
LOL! Yeah the research topic discusses this.
My job involves me driving to several locations each day. I find myself playing guitar with the steering wheel during the drives between locations smile.gif

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 20 2007, 09:14 PM
Instructor
Nice dude, that seems interesting, thanks for the tip! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Constie
Dec 20 2007, 09:21 PM
QUOTE (JCJXXL @ Dec 20 2007, 09:13 PM) *
Yeah the research topic discusses this.

Well sorry but at least I called attention to it again smile.gif

I knew some people do this for fun but I use it for practising and I want everbody to try it wink.gif

--------------------
You can't take the effect and make it the cause

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 20 2007, 10:41 PM
Instructor
That's correct man, we are practicing our muscle memory most of the time.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Dec 21 2007, 07:00 PM
I agree, once I got the lick in my head, playing comes easier,

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kapto
Dec 22 2007, 06:44 PM
Agree. At the end of the day your brain is going to tell your fingers when and how to move.

--------------------
"It's a long way to the top..."

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 22 2007, 09:19 PM
Lets go fishing!
Thanks for shareing the tip !! i agree with you 100%, visualisation helps alot ! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:27 AM