Chuck Berry, Rumors
J.E.
Oct 18 2008, 10:54 PM
GMC:er
Hi i just woundered what happened with Chuck Berry in the 70s? i read he went on some kind of ego trip back in the 70s delivering good songs but sloppy out of tun kinda solos, and as Bruce Springsteen recalls he never talked to the band afterwards. It also says he traveled around the world only with his guitar hiring a new band for each place, expecting them to know all of his songs without even get so much as practice or even a setlist. I still love him though and i write this with outmost respect for the king of rock and roll, but im a very moral person and when i like the music i feel i need to like the person so i need some kind of reasurence from some of you that is familiar with his history if he is a straight forward good guy that just made a couple of mistakes in his life like: armed robbery, tax fraud, mann act and installing cameras in the ladies bathroom in his club. What im trying to say is Chuck a guy i could have trusted, would it be fun to play with him, or would he be an arrogant bastard who wouldnt even talk with you and had absolutely no regrets about his past. These are just thoughts ive made up i have nothing against him really i love his music and play it almost every day, but i need to know if he is a man to respect not only for his music but for his persona.(EDIT: I REPETE I AM NOT TRYING TO PUT CHUCK BERRY THE GOD OF ROCK AND ROLL IN A BAD LIGHT IM JUST CURIOUS ABOUT HIS PAST!)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Can you imagine?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Oct 18 2008, 11:08 PM
Id Write those off as rumors, or past mistakes, as a friend of mine has met him, and said he was nothing but a modest gentlemen. As for Morality, cant help ya there sorry, I believe Morality is subject, but anyway, dont believe everything you hear! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
J.E.
Oct 18 2008, 11:14 PM
Thanks, by moral i just ment that i cant for example respect a guy that killed another man if you get my drift. The thing is that when i see him live he has this spark and glow and is always smiling telling jokes and making these awesome tricks with his guitar, and in a way i see myself in him but i just needed a reasurence that he did not just "wear a mask" onstage. I mean if i ever get to go onstage with a band i will be the same guy offstage as onstage. So my forgive my suspicous mind but i wasnt shure if he was the man i see onstage. Thanks i can no let this pass from my mind:P(I think to much)

--------------------
Can you imagine?

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 19 2008, 12:32 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
There you go! Sometimes all the answers are right here in our wiki! Feel free to add any extra info you might know smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.php/Chuck_Berry

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 20 2008, 12:12 AM
Instructor
Comparing what other great musicians and bands did in their lifetime, like Clapton, Hendrix, Beatles, James Brown, Michael Jackson, I think what he did (talking about rumors) is childs play. On the stage he was chuck berry, the father of R&R.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
J.E.
Oct 21 2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks for your trusting words i now feel way better about my guitar hero:D lets call it "Closed topic"

--------------------
Can you imagine?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:20 PM