Let's Recommend Movies!
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2014, 11:39 AM
Instructor
Hey guys! It's been a while since we had a thread like this one and I think that there must have been many new movies that we should see. The last one that I saw and I really recommend it "Dallas Buyers Club". It covers a very hard topic but I think that it's a top level movie, I really enjoyed it.

What great movies have you seen lately?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Ben Higgins
Jan 22 2014, 11:48 AM
Instructor
Everybody should watch Rambo.

There. I've said it.

smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 22 2014, 12:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 22 2014, 11:48 AM) *

There. I've said it.

smile.gif

there . I saw it

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Jan 22 2014, 03:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
i watched this movie last week! i really enjoyed it!

--------------------
Check out my band: IN LEGEND

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 22 2014, 04:46 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
A must for comedy lovers

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jan 22 2014, 04:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jan 22 2014, 11:48 AM) *

There. I've said it.

smile.gif

I just saw Rambo 4 this weekend for the first time even thought it is from around 2008.

The new Hobbit movie is better than the first if you ask me, but nowhere near the LOTR movies!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2014, 05:38 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the recommendations guys! Keep on sharing movies! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kerbs
Jan 22 2014, 06:39 PM
GMC:er
Ice Age, and Monsters Inc remain at the top of the pack, and if you haven't seem emperors new groove yet, watch it tonight. I thoroughly enjoyed Tron as well, perhaps because I'm a sucker for that game... Also the new Monsters Unversity scene with the mom in the van, I have never laughed so hard during a movie. I like pixar movies.

*Sidenote- The tron legacy reconfigured soundtrack (a soundtrack remix of the movies scores by daft punk) is an absolutely phenomenal electronic album. Ki theory remix takes the cake out of the bunch.

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Jan 22 2014, 06:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Excellent idea for a thread! were is one i watched recently!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HddkucqSzSM

+Quote Post
wollace03
Jan 22 2014, 07:05 PM
definitely this one:

great "music" movie

and of course

freeeeeeeedom!!!!

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jan 22 2014, 07:54 PM
What is better than Rambo?

TURKISH RAMBO!!!

+Quote Post
Lexman
Jan 22 2014, 08:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Lately, I've watched Ron Howard's movie Rush (2013), I'm not a F1 fan but I definetly dig that movie!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979320/

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 22 2014, 09:05 PM
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Jan 22 2014, 06:54 PM) *
What is better than Rambo?

TURKISH RAMBO!!!

Lol! I'm from Turkey but haven't seen that one biggrin.gif also make sure to watch this one;

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0182060/

Word is it's (sort of) officially the worst movie ever made, they teach that movie in college because it has every mistake in it imaginable biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 22 2014, 09:12 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I watched "Riddick" the other night. It was good , but not nearly as good as "The Chronicles Of Riddick" was.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2014, 10:43 PM
Instructor
Great stuff guys! I'll monitor this thread to wee these movies. We decided (with my girlfriend) that the next weeks we are going to see movies instead of series as we have been doing the last year. We were focused on Breaking bad, Walking dead, GAme of thrones, Black mirror, and now we want to see al the movies that we missed.

QUOTE (Kerbs @ Jan 22 2014, 02:39 PM) *
Ice Age, and Monsters Inc remain at the top of the pack, and if you haven't seem emperors new groove yet, watch it tonight. I thoroughly enjoyed Tron as well, perhaps because I'm a sucker for that game... Also the new Monsters Unversity scene with the mom in the van, I have never laughed so hard during a movie. I like pixar movies.

*Sidenote- The tron legacy reconfigured soundtrack (a soundtrack remix of the movies scores by daft punk) is an absolutely phenomenal electronic album. Ki theory remix takes the cake out of the bunch.

hahah I'll give priority to "emperors...". We really like that type of movies.

This is the last one that we saw in this style...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 22 2014, 11:49 PM
Learning Rock Star

Were the two movies that sprung to mind.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
bleez
Jan 23 2014, 12:00 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I watched Troll Hunter recently and thought it was totally brilliant biggrin.gif Its kinda like 'the blair witch project goes to Norway'. Maybe a bit 'silly' in places for some people but personally I thought it was great.
I saw it on TV but missed the first 15 minutes, next day I bought the DVD smile.gif

The one I have is in Norwegian with english subtitles, which I think is better than a dubbed version. The Norwegian language is really cool anyway so it added value to the movie imo.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jan 23 2014, 12:46 AM
Learning Rock Star

A recent one.

This one is on youtube full lenght, but no subtitles.

One of my favorite Danish ones.

This post has been edited by Ulrik: Jan 23 2014, 12:52 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jan 23 2014, 02:11 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Not really a new movie but I recently saw Warrior. I was expecting it to be more of a cliche fighter film, but this one really blew me away. The story and acting (Nick Nolte) are all top notch.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jan 23 2014, 04:31 AM
Hmm ok, so your a serious movie buff, well in that case... for 2013 - I would say these where reasonably good to watch:

Pacific Rim
Oblivion
Elysium
The Wolverine
After Earth
Iron Man 3
World War Z
Man of Steel
Star Trek Into Darkness
Fast & Furious 6
Now You See Me
The Lone Ranger
Riddick
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Oz: The Great and Powerful
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
The Croods

Nothing really stood out as a masterpiece to watch, but still nice watch with a box of popcorn.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:30 PM