4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Collab: Latin Jam
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 14 2021, 09:00 AM
GMC Founder
Hi guys,

Tflava suggested we try jamming over a latin kind of setting - so I did some deep digging and found a cool backing in Guido's Carlos Santana style lesson.

I split it up into two sections which I think will work nicely for a call & response kind of thing:

Attached File  PART_A.mp3 ( 567.88K ) Number of downloads: 1353

Either of these scales will work well:

Attached File  PART_B.mp3 ( 567.88K ) Number of downloads: 1250

Try the harmonic minor scale here:

----------------

* Bpm:100

* Key: C minor

* Record your take over part A and/or Part B

* export your take from the beginning of the backing track (aka "Point 0")

* For best results, send me your "guitar only" audio file without any reverb or delay. This way I will be able to make it sound like we are all jamming together.

I will record a response to your take asap and also mix everything so that you guys will be responding to each other.

Students and instructors can join!

There is no deadline, we can keep going for as long as the thread is active.

I hope you will like this idea & backing, I personally found jamming over it really inspiring! 😎

-----
FINAL RESULT:
Check it in our radio player or direct link.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Timmez
Sep 14 2021, 07:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice man!
I will definitelyh join smile.gif
i think my first take would be next week because im little buissy at the moment

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 14 2021, 08:07 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
In cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 14 2021, 08:07 PM
GMC:er
Sounds very cool!! Count me in smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 14 2021, 08:47 PM
Here is my first take, it's a tricky backing for me but hey ho have a go wink.gif

I'll have a go at part B later on, I need to get used to the harmonic minor wink.gif

If you want me to reamp with a different tone I can, or I can send the raw guitar file wink.gif

Guitar only file if you prefer it this way Attached File  Latin_Jam_Part_A_take_1_guitar.mp3 ( 939.79K ) Number of downloads: 983

Here is the TH-U Patch. I used it with a PRS SE Custom 24, neck pickup and tone rolled right off. Attached File  Magic_Woman.zip ( 1.43K ) Number of downloads: 948

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 15 2021, 07:58 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 15 2021, 02:13 AM
Cool stuff! What are you using for tone here? is it a THU patch?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 14 2021, 03:47 PM) *
Here is my first take, it's a tricky backing for me but hey ho have a go wink.gif

I'll have a go at part B later on, I need to get used to the harmonic minor wink.gif

If you want me to reamp with a different tone I can, or I can send the raw guitar file wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 15 2021, 08:09 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 14 2021, 09:47 PM) *

Awesome Phil - great lines!! Please send me the guitar only file so I can record a response (best is if you send me a file with the amp of your choice - but without reverb/delay).

QUOTE (tflava @ Sep 14 2021, 08:58 PM) *
Very nice man!
I will definitelyh join smile.gif
i think my first take would be next week because im little buissy at the moment

Excellent, and thanks so much for suggesting this theme 👌

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 14 2021, 09:07 PM) *
Sounds very cool!! Count me in smile.gif

Awesome Todd, can't wait to hear what you will play over this one!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 15 2021, 09:11 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 15 2021, 08:09 AM) *
Awesome Phil - great lines!! Please send me the guitar only file so I can record a response (best is if you send me a file with the amp of your choice - but without reverb/delay).!

Thanks Kris, glad you like it. The second Soundcloud is guitar only and download enabled, I didn't record with any reverb or delay anyway.

UPDATE: Ooops I forgot to mute the backing when rendering the guitar only. I'll sort it. Sorry rolleyes.gif

Please excuse the dodgy vibrato, I have a neck /shoulder injury that makes it difficult at the moment rolleyes.gif

If that's no use to you I can put the file here later on wink.gif

Cheers

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 15 2021, 02:13 AM) *
Cool stuff! What are you using for tone here? is it a THU patch?

Thanks Todd, yes it is a TH-U patch but I accidentally rolled the tone all the way down on my guitar before I started looking for a patch, it's my PRS SE Custom 24 and the tone is also the coil tap knob and for some reason they always turn real easy.

I'll share the patch if you think it's worthy.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 15 2021, 09:15 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 15 2021, 10:40 AM
I'm definitely in on this!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Nice job Phil and accident or not that tone really fits!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 15 2021, 12:38 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Sep 15 2021, 10:40 AM) *
Nice job Phil and accident or not that tone really fits!!!

Thanks buddy, probably worked out okay because I knocked the tone knob down before sorting the patch wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 15 2021, 08:01 PM
Okay, the Soundcloud guitar only is now in the original post here https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=792323 also a guitar only file if you prefer that and I've put a zip of the TH-U patch in.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 16 2021, 03:48 AM
Very cool patch!! Thanks for sharing in the THU patch vault!!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 15 2021, 04:11 AM) *
Thanks Kris, glad you like it. The second Soundcloud is guitar only and download enabled, I didn't record with any reverb or delay anyway.

UPDATE: Ooops I forgot to mute the backing when rendering the guitar only. I'll sort it. Sorry rolleyes.gif

Please excuse the dodgy vibrato, I have a neck /shoulder injury that makes it difficult at the moment rolleyes.gif

If that's no use to you I can put the file here later on wink.gif

Cheers

Thanks Todd, yes it is a TH-U patch but I accidentally rolled the tone all the way down on my guitar before I started looking for a patch, it's my PRS SE Custom 24 and the tone is also the coil tap knob and for some reason they always turn real easy.

I'll share the patch if you think it's worthy.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 16 2021, 09:04 AM
Yup smile.gif Me getting my latin vibe on.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 16 2021, 09:07 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 16 2021, 09:48 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks so much Phil, here is a first mix with my response. This track is so much fun to play over 😁

Attached File  latin_jam_Sep16.mp3 ( 1.43MB ) Number of downloads: 960

I also included an empty Part A in this mix, in case anyone wants to record a direct response.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 16 2021, 10:04 AM) *
Yup smile.gif Me getting my latin vibe on.

Very cool Todd, please send me your guitar-only file 🤗

--------------------

+Quote Post
Timmez
Sep 16 2021, 11:53 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice takes allready. Love the call and response take from phill and kris.
Also cool Fx on your take Todd.

Here is my take. i doubled the length because 20 seconds was a little short. hope its not a problem smile.gif

Greetz Tim

This post has been edited by tflava: Sep 16 2021, 03:23 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  latin_collab_take_1_guitar_only.wav ( 11.52MB ) Number of downloads: 875

+Quote Post
Timmez
Sep 16 2021, 03:22 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I will try to play it some groovier and use another tone so you Dont have to use this one. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 16 2021, 06:30 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (tflava @ Sep 16 2021, 12:53 PM) *
Very nice takes allready. Love the call and response take from phill and kris.
Also cool Fx on your take Todd.

Here is my take. i doubled the length because 20 seconds was a little short. hope its not a problem smile.gif

Greetz Tim

Sounding great mate. I especially loved the intro melody!

I will record more responses tomorrow!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 16 2021, 08:26 PM
Great response Kris again, showing me where I could have gone by adding the little ornaments cool.gif

Todd, I am impressed buddy, I was expecting shred but you restrained yourself, tasty cool.gif

Very sweet Tim, nice intro and great take cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Timmez
Sep 17 2021, 01:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello guys,

I recorded it again with another tone and some more groovie.

Attached File  latin_collab_take_2_guitar_only_no_delay.wav ( 11.84MB ) Number of downloads: 919

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 17 2021, 03:20 PM
QUOTE (tflava @ Sep 17 2021, 05:34 AM) *
Hello guys,

I recorded it again with another tone and some more groovie.

Attached File  latin_collab_take_2_guitar_only_no_delay.wav ( 11.84MB ) Number of downloads: 919

Greetz Tim

Very nice Tim!
Great tone and you played beautifully over the changes.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Sep 17 2021, 05:44 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:11 PM