2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Playaxeman's February Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
Pedja Simovic
Feb 7 2010, 08:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Robert,

We continue now with our work for February. For first 2 assignments I have decided to continue with superimposing with minor pentatonics only this time you will have to read the thread about major chords and record some superimposing with minor pentatonics over major type chords.

Here is your 1st and 2nd assignment

1st assignment :

- Read Superimposing with Minor Pentatonics over Major type chords post HERE
- After reading the whole thing with related link posts, think about choosing one chord and one approach you will use for recording!

2nd assignment :

- After you have chosen your approach, record a backing track with that chord and on top of that record yourself soloing with 1 or all 3 minor pentatonics corresponding with that mode!

Let me give you an example here. Lets say that you have chosen C major as your chord. Now you also chose C major to be treated as I (Ionian sounding). In that case you should play minor pentatonics from C major scale ( D ,E and A minor pentatonics) over C major chord in the background. 4th assignment asks you only to pick 1 but it also allows you to use all 3 pentatonics if you want to.
Backing track doesn't have to be anything fancy for this purpose. Just guitar playing the chord will do, if you want to add bass and drums to that to make it sound tighter go ahead!

Deadline for first two assignments is 14th of February.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 7 2010, 08:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Pedja

Ok will work on this.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 7 2010, 09:07 PM
Instructor
Ok Robert, let me know if you got any questions !

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 8 2010, 09:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Pedja

I will pick the F major Chord

Which means I will use as minor pentatonic:
II = G minor pentatonic
III = A minor pentatonic
VI = D minor pentatonic

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 8 2010, 11:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (playaxeman @ Feb 8 2010, 09:25 PM) *
Hello Pedja

I will pick the F major Chord

Which means I will use as minor pentatonic:
II = G minor pentatonic
III = A minor pentatonic
VI = D minor pentatonic

Hello Robert,

You will try to do F Ionian in the case above, correct?

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 9 2010, 07:44 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 8 2010, 11:17 PM) *
Hello Robert,

You will try to do F Ionian in the case above, correct?

Hello Pedja

Yes Fmaj in the First degree. (I)

So the minors are on II, III en VI (Gm, Am, Dm)

Cheers
Robert

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 9 2010, 01:03 PM
Instructor
Great Robert, look forward to it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 10 2010, 10:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 9 2010, 01:03 PM) *
Great Robert, look forward to it!

Hi pedja

It is rather difficult though, more difficult that I though.

I wanted to play some kinda theme but wasn't really the case.

So here is my first take. Attached File  back_in_F_maj_when_the_rain_falls.MP3 ( 3.5MB ) Number of downloads: 221

Will try do another one to see if I make some progression.

Do you have some tips how to build a main theme around this F maj chord?
- how to find the strong notes?
- how to break out of 1 box position and still play a good melody?

Cheers
Robert

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 16 2010, 10:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Pedja

Didn't have had any time to do another recording.

So there is just one recording

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 19 2010, 03:44 PM
Instructor
Robert we continue with your remaining assignments for February. We have 3rd, 4th and REC assignment to cover.

3rd assignment and REC :

- Record Triads in a major scale series part 3 lesson found HERE
- Once you are done with video recording, upload it in REC part of forum for grading. Make sure that you include voting pool.

4th assignment :

- Record backing track using two random chords!
- Chords could have the same quality (two major chords for example) or different quality ( minor and then major chord).
- Chords don't have to be diatonic ( in other words you could record C and Eb major chords in backing track!)
- Over these chords, solo using superimposing with minor pentatonics!
- Once you recorded your solo, upload it in this thread.

For example... I choose to record two chords that have same quality, major chords. First chord is C major while second is Eb major. Duration is the same for both of the chords. Now what I need to do is decide what I want my C major and Eb major to sound like. I decide that I want C major to sound like Ionian, so I pick E minor pentatonic to solo over. In other case I choose my Eb major to sound like Mixolyidian, so I pick Bb minor pentatonic to superimpose over it. Now I record a solo using E minor and Bb minor pentatonics over C major and Eb major chords. The duration of solo is your choice!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Deadline for these assignments is 28th of February !

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 19 2010, 04:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Pedja,

Ok gonna worke on this.

Probably next week I have to work overdue so I hope I will be able to get this done the 28 feb. We will see.

Cheers
Robert

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 19 2010, 04:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (playaxeman @ Feb 19 2010, 04:05 PM) *
Hello Pedja,

Ok gonna worke on this.

Probably next week I have to work overdue so I hope I will be able to get this done the 28 feb. We will see.

Cheers
Robert

Hello Robert,

I look forward to your work my friend. Try to do it all by the deadline if possible. I am posting backing tracks under my Requests part of the instructor board. You will find backing track for your MTP in there!

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 28 2010, 04:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 19 2010, 04:57 PM) *
Hello Robert,

I look forward to your work my friend. Try to do it all by the deadline if possible. I am posting backing tracks under my Requests part of the instructor board. You will find backing track for your MTP in there!

Hi Pedja

How r you doing?

Here is the rec version

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 1 2010, 02:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (playaxeman @ Feb 28 2010, 04:58 PM) *
Hi Pedja

How r you doing?

Here is the rec version

Hi Robert

I am not feeling so well , down with the bad flu for week or more. Your REC is good but your timing is not like mine in the lesson but it rather sounds like Mike Knofner is playing my lesson wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Mar 1 2010, 10:09 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 1 2010, 02:31 AM) *
Hi Robert

I am not feeling so well , down with the bad flu for week or more. Your REC is good but your timing is not like mine in the lesson but it rather sounds like Mike Knofner is playing my lesson wink.gif

Hi Pedja

I hope you will soon recover.

About the timing I don't understand what I did wrong because I had the guitarpro lesson file running along with me while I recorded the audio and I was exactly playing in that timing.

Maybe the reason is that I split my audio and video recording due to PC hardware memory problem: if I use both my video recording and audio recording at the same time the are not in synch: one of them is a bit later. So I tried to workaround that to do a audio first (with the guitarpro as backing so I play on time) and later do the video (and play along with the audio but I don't record that)

Cheers

p.s. I see is as a complement that it sounds like Mark Knopfler dry.gif

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 1 2010, 01:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (playaxeman @ Mar 1 2010, 10:09 AM) *
Hi Pedja

I hope you will soon recover.

About the timing I don't understand what I did wrong because I had the guitarpro lesson file running along with me while I recorded the audio and I was exactly playing in that timing.

Maybe the reason is that I split my audio and video recording due to PC hardware memory problem: if I use both my video recording and audio recording at the same time the are not in synch: one of them is a bit later. So I tried to workaround that to do a audio first (with the guitarpro as backing so I play on time) and later do the video (and play along with the audio but I don't record that)

Cheers

p.s. I see is as a complement that it sounds like Mark Knopfler dry.gif

Hi Robert,

I am already feeling a bit better today, will try to do chat later on hope you can make it.

I meant it as compliment of course, your fingerstyle playing and rhythm made it sound like that. I will grade this take in REC very soon wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Mar 13 2010, 07:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 1 2010, 01:46 PM) *
Hi Robert,

I am already feeling a bit better today, will try to do chat later on hope you can make it.

I meant it as compliment of course, your fingerstyle playing and rhythm made it sound like that. I will grade this take in REC very soon wink.gif

Hi Pedja

My REC haven't been graded yet, do you know something maybe went wrong?

Cheers
Robert

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 14 2010, 05:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (playaxeman @ Mar 13 2010, 07:36 PM) *
Hi Pedja

Cheers
Robert

Hi Robert,

I haven't graded it yet and there needs to be at least 3 instructors that grade it. My internet is back to normal today so I will go ahead and grade it now. Sorry for the delay!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 14 2010, 06:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (playaxeman @ Mar 13 2010, 07:36 PM) *
Hi Pedja

Cheers
Robert

Graded it just now Robert, they should announce it soon I hope!

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Mar 14 2010, 06:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 14 2010, 06:43 PM) *
Graded it just now Robert, they should announce it soon I hope!

Hi Pedja

Thx for the replay.

Much appreciated

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:31 PM