Fun With Backing Tracks
jdriver
Jul 31 2008, 06:34 AM
GMC:er
I'm getting a lot of good practice out of the backing tracks from both the Blues and Gary Moore collaborations. Your tracks loop perfectly, and I use Reaper to make 15 minute loops and load them on my Roland, then I can practice jamming over them, pentatonic on the Blues, and major scale on the Gary Moore.

I am obsessed with learning the ability to jump to any box position on the fretboard and not lose my place, and I'm getting there and having fun at the same time.

Also working on bends, using the wrist action and not pushing with the fingers, and it does work much better.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 31 2008, 10:27 AM
Instructor
Hey man, I'm glad you're having a good time with track, and glad that they can help you in practice. I like jamming a lot too, and loop very often and just play sometimes when I feel like it. Also, sometimes I take the backing with a 3-4 chords progression and play a bunch of scales over it in different positions. This really increase my feel for the scale use over those progression, and later on fingers go there by themselves, leaving me space to think about next moves.

Also what I think it is important as well and it will increase your improvisation abilities is chords. For example take one key, and play a bunch of chords over it, up and down along the key. When you combine those chords with lead sequences that you play you will really get a hang of playing some very very interesting leads, because you use parts of chords, intervals here and there, and getting a wider sense of the rhythm as well.

Keep rockin man, you play great, practice practice practice! If you need any backings or any help I'm glad to help! Cheers smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
jdriver
Jul 31 2008, 05:54 PM
GMC:er
Thanks man. I have done basically no work on chords, so I am very weak there, and need to start concentrating on improving in that area.

I have bookmarked a lesson on double note 6ths over a blues progression, that is a sound that really appeals to me, and he also includes some inverted chords in that one.

This post has been edited by jdriver: Aug 1 2008, 04:59 AM

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 6 2008, 01:36 PM
Instructor
This is great man, check out some of my favorite 6th licks, I hope you will find them useful.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  6th_interval_sample.wmv ( 5.86MB ) Number of downloads: 160

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:16 PM