Bumm!

and this is equally awesome

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 13 2013, 06:15 PM) *
Hier ist das Neuen Stück !

Death to FALSE METAL!!! \,,/

https://soundcloud.com/slavenko/kitana-jedi

OMG my face is melting \,,/@.@\,,/

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 14 2013, 12:59 AM) *
Of course! smile.gif And, here we are. You can snag it from youtube or I can put it on drop box. wink.gif

Crazy good solo from a crazy good guitarist \m/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 15 2013, 08:34 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Oct 15 2013, 05:36 AM) *
OMG my face is melting \,,/@.@\,,/

Haha, thanks i've now modified my solo a bit to give it some scandinavian feel, didn't knew i'm allowed to solo over ending riff biggrin.gif

I really dig your boogie tone man, i've played thru Dual Rectifier on rehearsal, but couldn't get such tone as on your Boogie?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 15 2013, 04:00 PM
Und Hier ist das Video!!

und sword only file

https://soundcloud.com/slavenko/kitana-jedi-solo

+Quote Post
dark_dude
Oct 18 2013, 01:13 PM
Was scrapped for ideas and, man, deciding to check-out the submissions to see where people were going with this was a mistake laugh.gif

Some of the best collab. takes I've ever seen!! Give yourselves a pat on the back, guys smile.gif

--------------------
*Ibanez 2550E Prestige
*LTD EC-1000
*Squier bullet
----
*Roland Cube 30W
----
*Line 6 Pod Studio GX
My Practice Agenda

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Oct 18 2013, 02:06 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 15 2013, 03:00 PM) *
Und Hier ist das Video!!

und sword only file

blink.gif that jackson wub.gif

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 18 2013, 06:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
Woah, I'm either stumbling in or stumbling out of this as deadline is tomorrow. I'm not home, but I have brought my guitar and I am able to record a video as well. Hopefully making it!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 19 2013, 02:38 AM
You can do it man! I've heard you play!!!! Take your first pass at the take and call it a day as I"m sure it will RAWK!!!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 18 2013, 01:58 PM) *
Woah, I'm either stumbling in or stumbling out of this as deadline is tomorrow. I'm not home, but I have brought my guitar and I am able to record a video as well. Hopefully making it!

SLAV!!! I dig your solo here but I listened again and I wanted to ask are you intentionally choosing notes that are off key/non root/dissonant for contrast/impact? I have noticed this in all of your solos that I've seen and I always assumed this was just your "style", incorporating external keys/notes, that are peripheral to the song and the melody and the scales at hand. But I have since not to take such things for granted. In one case in particular, I thought a student was playing "off beat" to create rythmic drama, only to find out he actually was not capable of playing on the beat at that point. So I wanted to ask you to make sure? Just curious really smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 15 2013, 11:00 AM) *
Und Hier ist das Video!!

und sword only file

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 19 2013, 10:04 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 19 2013, 03:38 AM) *
SLAV!!! I dig your solo here but I listened again and I wanted to ask are you intentionally choosing notes that are off key/non root/dissonant for contrast/impact? I have noticed this in all of your solos that I've seen and I always assumed this was just your "style", incorporating external keys/notes, that are peripheral to the song and the melody and the scales at hand. But I have since not to take such things for granted. In one case in particular, I thought a student was playing "off beat" to create rythmic drama, only to find out he actually was not capable of playing on the beat at that point. So I wanted to ask you to make sure? Just curious really smile.gif

Todd

That's the stuff they always ask me after the collaboration. rolleyes.gif Yes Todd, i chose them intentionally,i kinda dig dissonant tones to gain some diabolical wibe and scare the "non-true" metalheads off the court cool.gif I find that it would be awesomely boring if we would play all the notes inside the scale over and over... That's why i dig some of the Thash/death bands , they can make a realy good wibe with some off key signatures...

All the best.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 19 2013, 02:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
As for now, I'm out. I recorded my take, got the video, but forgot to save a take with guitar only. Too annoyed with myself to redo laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Huargo
Oct 19 2013, 08:43 PM
Tone Seeker
i can't stop to listen your solo Slavenko Erazer. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 19 2013, 09:32 PM
QUOTE (huargo @ Oct 19 2013, 09:43 PM) *
i can't stop to listen your solo Slavenko Erazer. cool.gif

Haha, thanks man, you better stop now laugh.gif

I really dig your solo too. Tell me a secret- How did you managed to play so tight with such adrenaline-driven fans all over the place ? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Huargo
Oct 19 2013, 09:54 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 19 2013, 08:32 PM) *
Haha, thanks man, you better stop now laugh.gif

I really dig your solo too. Tell me a secret- How did you managed to play so tight with such adrenaline-driven fans all over the place ? smile.gif

jejeje overdubbing....i'm a beginner playing with fans.The solo was close, but not so tight.

tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 21 2013, 12:10 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Thought I'd squeeze my way into this collab at the last minute. smile.gif The solos have been sounding amazing!

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/master-of-the-sword

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/master-of-the-sword-no-backing

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 21 2013, 07:25 AM
Gotcha smile.gif Just checking smile.gif For variation, maybe we can switch places in a collab? I'll play off key and you play melodic? Could be spiff!

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Oct 19 2013, 05:04 AM) *
That's the stuff they always ask me after the collaboration. rolleyes.gif Yes Todd, i chose them intentionally,i kinda dig dissonant tones to gain some diabolical wibe and scare the "non-true" metalheads off the court cool.gif I find that it would be awesomely boring if we would play all the notes inside the scale over and over... That's why i dig some of the Thash/death bands , they can make a realy good wibe with some off key signatures...

All the best.

Very cool stuff!!! Nicely done man smile.gif That lick in the intro was just nuts. Loved it smile.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Oct 20 2013, 07:10 PM) *
Thought I'd squeeze my way into this collab at the last minute. smile.gif The solos have been sounding amazing!

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/master-of-the-sword

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/master-of-the-sword-no-backing

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 21 2013, 12:41 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 21 2013, 08:25 AM) *
Gotcha smile.gif Just checking smile.gif For variation, maybe we can switch places in a collab? I'll play off key and you play melodic? Could be spiff!

Yeah Todd, that would be cool. Just wait for some Iron Maiden - style collab and here i come wink.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Oct 21 2013, 01:24 PM
Tone Seeker
Just as we thought that we have heard them all - DeGroot flies under our collab radar and s-i-m-p-l-y kills it.

Over and out.

cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 23 2013, 09:57 AM
Instructor
HERE IS THE FINAL RESULT !!

Todd - Man, I'm loving those ultra fast 2 note per string penta licks. It's damn hard to play anything in straight 16th notes over this backing 'cause it's fast ! But you prove again why you've got the machine gun right hand !Notice how I let the end of your solo tail off into Hungry's.. the two make some kind of accidental harmony in 5ths or something... cool or what ?

H4H - Very melodic, which is what I like to hear from the Mysterious Swede. I've got nothing to complain about here, man.. hell knows how you maanged to pull of that ascending picking run. You've either sold your soul to a man down at the cross roads or you've been practising.....

Patrik - A very good and well controlled take. The sweeps are well timed, which can be a tricky thing when dealing with mid tempo arpeggios. It runs the risk of sounding too exercises-like but I think you just keep it on the right side of the line, especially with the harmonies at the end - great work !

Huargo - Love this video. I didn't notice until I was editing that your daughter sneezed right at the beginningof your solo - classic timing !! On to the solo.. really well thought out note choices.. the melody never becomes predictable, it keeps the listener interested. I think you could benefit from tightening up your right and left hand when it comes to picking runs but that's my only advice. Those sweeps at the end are brilliant.

WeePee - Well, my Scando friend ! I like your tone and your heavy, mid paced vibrato.. it's becoming really recognisable now. Having The Hef appear suddenly was something of a shock.. not sure if was pleasant or not ??? Hah, just kidding, of course it was wink.gif Always a pleasure to have the Terrible Two onboard !

Greg - as always, your takes are a mini masterclass in themselves of pacing and melody. Starting off with a blitz and then stopping the listener in their tracks with a hanging note and some taps - sublime ! I'll leave it there, you get enough praise as it is !

Gitarrero - what collab would be complete without a sexy German strutting his stuff in front of the cam.. wait, is it just me ?? It's just me isn't it ? Ok. Personal thoughts aside, this is another calssic from The Hef. I think you've taken my observations on board about avoiding meandering takes and you've put together a consice and clearly directed take which is nice to see. And what's that ?? It's the Finn again ??? I'm not sure whow much more of this I can take........

Slav - as always, you're not araid to cross the frontiers of taste and play the notes that no others dare to play ! We should have a phrase.. "Where Slavenko Dares". Your take reminds me in places of Kerry King mixed with Quorthon from Bathory. Love the Vai style whammy at the end. You've shown us you can do chaotic solos.. for the next collab it would nice to see you branching out and seeing how you deal with playing in 'normal' scales as well.. maybe mix it up and do both ?

DeGroot - Excellent playing as susual DG. There's a mind blowing part as some point when you're doing the asccending picking run and then you inject that double speed legato bit in it as well. That's genius stuff right there... I think we all should try and learn from that !! Enjoying the Schenker bends at the end too !

Well gentlemen, what can I say ? It's been a pleasure to stand side by side with you in battle, swords drawn. We decimated the enenemy. Any remaining survivors have fled back to their land, carrying tales of men with impossible guitar skills and amazingly good looks. We have been victorious once again. May your sword be sheathed knowing it has done its duty !

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 23 2013, 10:10 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Good JOB , Guys !!!

smile.gif

+Quote Post
bahadirpeker
Oct 23 2013, 11:23 AM
That's really good, conrats to you guys!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Oct 23 2013, 11:59 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 23 2013, 10:57 AM) *
Slav - as always, you're not araid to cross the frontiers of taste and play the notes that no others dare to play ! We should have a phrase.. "Where Slavenko Dares". Your take reminds me in places of Kerry King mixed with Quorthon from Bathory. Love the Vai style whammy at the end. You've shown us you can do chaotic solos.. for the next collab it would nice to see you branching out and seeing how you deal with playing in 'normal' scales as well.. maybe mix it up and do both ?

ohmy.gif

HAHA,Ben you always make me laugh as hell while i'm reading my feedback comment biggrin.gif
For the chaotic solo playing i "stole" it from years of listening to deathrash bands , it kinda put solo In FRONT cool.gif
Didn't knew i can sound like Vai, but thank you laugh.gif That's too much kind!

This collab was a killer deal, can't wait for the next one

\,,,/

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Oct 23 2013, 12:01 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:03 AM