2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Ted Nugent, Totally Underestemated!!!!!
kahall
Feb 3 2008, 04:06 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 2 2008, 07:44 AM) *
Hes no "great american" hes just an angry right wing Ass.

Ted would take that as a compliment as would I. Except for the angry part. I am a very happy go lucky guy who is proud to be a part of the “vast right wing conspiracy”. And if you have a link that proves the quote about killing anyone from Ted please post it here. I do know that he asked if they would like to come down to one of his shows and suck on a gun but that is harmless showman ship. ;-) You stay classy Gman.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 3 2008, 04:34 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Just as a reminder, Lets keep this conversation civil and try to keep it restricted to Ted's music. This isn't a political dispute.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 3 2008, 03:34 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (kahall @ Feb 2 2008, 10:06 PM) *
Ted would take that as a compliment as would I. Except for the angry part. I am a very happy go lucky guy who is proud to be a part of the “vast right wing conspiracy”. And if you have a link that proves the quote about killing anyone from Ted please post it here. I do know that he asked if they would like to come down to one of his shows and suck on a gun but that is harmless showman ship. ;-) You stay classy Gman.

I dont consider that harmless showmanship. his attitude and his butchery of animals saddens me. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Feb 3 2008, 03:34 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Feb 3 2008, 04:13 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 3 2008, 03:34 PM) *
I dont consider that harmless showmanship. his attitude and his butchery of animals saddens me. sad.gif

do you eat beef?
Chicken?
Fish?
He eats what he kills. There isnt some magic thing called a beef that provides meat (flesh) to us, its a cow.
I find it hard to believe you have never eaten an animal. As for the buchery of animals, you never know what dangerious or delicious animal you may run across. MMMMMMMmmmm animals, yummy!

This post has been edited by USAMAN: Feb 3 2008, 04:16 PM

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 3 2008, 04:30 PM
QUOTE (USAMAN @ Feb 3 2008, 09:13 AM) *
do you eat beef?
Chicken?
Fish?
He eats what he kills. There isnt some magic thing called a beef that provides meat (flesh) to us, its a cow.
I find it hard to believe you have never eaten an animal. As for the buchery of animals, you never know what dangerious or delicious animal you may run across. MMMMMMMmmmm animals, yummy!

exactly. me thinks some people need to visit a meat packing site.

a good hunter (and I am sure ted its a crack shot) will kill his game with one shot, instantly right though the heart/lung area, big hold, big bullet, drop like a rock. no pain, no fear, instant death for the animal. never even hears the rifle. if one is to eat meat, there is no more humane method of getting it. so long as you eat what you kill, no problem with me.

and really, there is little choice. we have rid the natural predators. the game animals would overpopulate and die of starvation and disease if not for the hunters.

+Quote Post
kahall
Feb 3 2008, 05:52 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 3 2008, 08:34 AM) *

Well, then we will just have to agree to disagree on the Ted. I like him you don't. That's cool. I check out almost all of the new to me bands and artists some of the younger members post links to here...and lets just say I am glad I do not have some of you for room mates. heh! I also strongly disagree with some of today's great bands political views they display in their lyrics while still enjoying the music.

I've seen Ted more than any other performer at lots of different venues. The first time was in the 80's at Arrowhead stadium with 50,000 plus. They used to call them Summer Jams with 6 or 7 top rockers of the time performing. He swung down from the stage rafters in a loin cloth and then proceeded to rock like no other. That was in his gonzo days and it was hilarious. A few years later at the same venue he had mellowed a little and there was some kind of conflict going on at the time with a foreign power and that was the first time I heard him get political at a show, but I was young and of different opinions then so I did not get it really. Another time in the 90's at a smaller outdoor amphitheater it was raining like crazy and there were all these people from my high school days in attendance I had not seen in years, man we had a good time. Camping and listening to screaming guitars is awesome. When he was doing the Damn Yankees thing I went but the only good part of the show was when he did some Ted songs and shot his bow at some targets on the stage.

He comes to our town often for archery demos (Bass Pro headquarters is about 500 meters from where I sit) and it is always a boost to our economy. He also performs at our dorky little county fair every few years and it is really the only night worth going as all the other performers are usually pretty lame.

I do not think Mr. Nugent is the best song writer in the world or even the greatest guitar player ever, but some of his lyrics with the double entendres are genius and if the venue has one, he will blow the roof off.

I also remember a story how the U.S. military, when they had the military dictator of Panama, Manuel Noriega surrounded and were trying to get him to come out of his hiding hole (a catholic church I believe) they blasted Stranglehold over loud speakers for days so he could not rest.

I do not hunt, own a gun, hell I don't even fish but I still respect the man immensely for his love of country and his respect for the people of same.

QUOTE (The Motor City Madman)
You've been drivin' all night long
It's time to put the old Maserati away
So you look for a garage, you think you see a garage
Wait a minute, Hey!, there's one up ahead
And the damn thing's open
Hello! Get in there!

Oh yeah, This one time we went camping at a nearby lake….you had to register as you entered…I registered as Ted Nugent (from the movie Fletch)….later that night the park ranger came by to meet Ted, but he was not there cuz it was me. Almost got a ticket but we fed the guy so all was forgiven.

This post has been edited by kahall: Feb 3 2008, 05:59 PM

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 3 2008, 05:58 PM
These kind of arguments are the exact reason i left every single other internet forum, i don't want that to happen here. lets agree to disagree and go on with our lives. im sorry if i offended anyone, and i respect your opinions.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
kahall
Feb 3 2008, 06:01 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Feb 3 2008, 10:58 AM) *
These kind of arguments are the exact reason i left every single other internet forum, i don't want that to happen here. lets agree to disagree and go on with our lives. im sorry if i offended anyone, and i respect your opinions.

No need to apologize...no offense was taken. Just a friendly discussion about a guitarist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FrankW
Jun 25 2008, 06:34 AM
I'm a big fan of Uncle Theodore!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 25 2008, 06:22 PM
In a somewhat related story, I was watching Invincible (Football movie), and during one of the games, they played this song. I've always thought that the song, especially the riff, was great, but didn't know who it was. Now, a year later after you putting this up, I now know who it is... Ted Nugent- Stranglehold. Such a kick ass opening riff.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jun 26 2008, 05:54 PM
Instructor
Hey! what a discussion...!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Ted is a great guitarist!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:52 PM