Van Halen, Help
Frank
Feb 4 2008, 08:20 AM
GMC:er
Hi Ms Muris i would like to ask if you can help me with the Van Halen song .At the very begining of the song in G major the the A cord is PM ?sonuds like it.Also on the E cord the 2g3-- 2(3)0-- witch not's do i have to hit with the pick ? 2g -2 and 0 ?
PM PM PM PM tr \\\\1/ NH NH NH NH

E||--2--------3--------2-----3---|--L----------2g3--2(3)--0-----|-------------------------------|
B||--3--------3--------3-----1---|--L------------------------3--|--L------------------<>7-------|
G||--2--------2--------2-----0---|--L------------------------0--|--L-------------<>7-------<>5--|
D||-----0--0--------0-----0--2---|--L------------------------0--|--L--------<>7-----------------|
A||--------------------------0---|--L----0--0-------------------|-------------------------------|
E||------------------------------|---------------------------3--|--L----------------------------|

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 4 2008, 11:40 PM
Instructor
Hi Frank smile.gif

First, I must correct you about key,it's not in Gmajor key but in D Mixolydian,
D chord is our root chord here.
Now on PM.
Chords are played openly,do PM only on those single bass notes(on D,A and low E).
And finally to explain "grace" and "trill" part.
You have to pick both 2nd fret notes.
First you add 3rd fret to it using hammer-on(grace)
and for the second time you have to hit 2nd fret,hammer on 3rd and pull again to 2nd.
After that you have G chord,played with the pick of course.

There you go smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:15 PM