Rg570 Broken Bridge :-(
iamblackmo
Feb 15 2010, 01:02 AM
GMC:er
It works fine still and it is not going out of tune but can these bridges be replaced. If so, what are some recommendations?
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Feb 15 2010, 01:14 AM
QUOTE (VictorUK @ Feb 14 2010, 07:12 PM) *
I'd replace it with a higher quality "edge pro" ibanez tremolo. ATM you have the "edge" tremolo wich is lower quality thus probably why it broke.

How much should I pay for one and where does one recommend I buy?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 15 2010, 01:53 AM
Instructor
Standard Floyd Rose goes around 200$. Shop around in any shop you find the smallest price.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Damir Puh
Feb 15 2010, 11:02 AM
Instructor
Edge Pro or an Original Floyd Rose.

If you consider something else, bare in mind you'll probably have to modify the bridge cavity, since a lot of FR-style bridges vary in dimensions. Btw, how that happened? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
sted
Feb 15 2010, 11:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
I dont know how old your instrument is mate but if its fairly new I would be straight onto Ibanez about this, no way on earth should this ever happen! I would definitley take it up with the manufacturer!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 15 2010, 01:05 PM
As already mentioned, there's plenty of options here. You could upgrade to an Ibanez 'Edge Pro' or replace with an original Floyd Rose. As Damir mentioned, just make sure that the dimensions will suit. Especially the measurement between the pivot posts!
I think you can swap it out for a Floyd 'Speedloader' too! No more cutting string ends!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 15 2010, 01:41 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I love my Ibanez Edge-Zero, I'd suggest you get one to replace your damaged edge trem, they work great.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Feb 15 2010, 03:13 PM
QUOTE (Damir Puh @ Feb 15 2010, 05:02 AM) *
Edge Pro or an Original Floyd Rose.

If you consider something else, bare in mind you'll probably have to modify the bridge cavity, since a lot of FR-style bridges vary in dimensions. Btw, how that happened? ohmy.gif

I have no idea how it happened. I never use the trem bar on it. Sometimes I pull up on the trem. with my fingers for a little effect but never hard enough to do something like that.

I have heard of this happening before but I was shocked to see it happen to mine.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 15 2010, 04:30 PM
Instructor
make sure you let a Luthier do the job for you...

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Damir Puh
Feb 15 2010, 04:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (iamblackmo @ Feb 15 2010, 03:13 PM) *
I have no idea how it happened. I never use the trem bar on it. Sometimes I pull up on the trem. with my fingers for a little effect but never hard enough to do something like that.

I have heard of this happening before but I was shocked to see it happen to mine.

That's weird. Those things should take years of abuse, and usually the knife edges go out first... Judging from the pictures, the broken part seems to be very close to the pivot point, maybe some increased friction was the cause of the problem. Make sure you replace the pivot points too when replacing the bridge.

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Feb 16 2010, 04:43 AM
only an original edge or original floyd rose will fit in there. edge pro will not.

check here to see if this guy has them, best ibanez parts/guitar seller http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Feb 16 2010, 07:46 AM
Bring the guitar to a Luthier. That's really weird man!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:01 AM