Lesson Idea, There's no rush!
kevvyg
Feb 27 2009, 01:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Guys,
I know you're all pretty busy, and I've asked before (although it was a while ago), but can we have a lesson based on Rush, and obviously more specifically, Alex Lifeson. I've been a Rush fan for the best part of 30 years, and I'm still surprised at the lack of recognitian he gets, even on dedicated guitar sites. As a suggestion, the solo from 'Working Man', would be good. It's a blinkin' masterpiece by anyone's standards!!!!

Keep up the excellent work!
KG
ps, Great news about Faith No More!!!!!! tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Feb 27 2009, 01:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
There are a couple 70s progressive style lessons, but a lesson dedicated to my fellow Canadians would be amazing!And yes the working man/ solo and riffs are awesome smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 27 2009, 01:35 PM
Instructor
I love Rush, a lesson in Alex's style would be pretty cool!
I have quite a few on my list to do, but will certainly add that to the cue! :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
kevvyg
Feb 27 2009, 02:21 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Feb 27 2009, 02:35 PM) *
I love Rush, a lesson in Alex's style would be pretty cool!
I have quite a few on my list to do, but will certainly add that to the cue! :-)

Thanks guys!
I appreciate it!
Actually, just out of interest, what would you say Alex's 'style' was?!
I know him instantly when I hear him, but I can't put my finger on it. Does he use any scales in particular, or have I just got used to his phrasing?!!

This post has been edited by kevvyg: Feb 27 2009, 02:24 PM

+Quote Post
kevvyg
Feb 27 2009, 02:51 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Feb 27 2009, 02:31 PM) *
There are a couple 70s progressive style lessons, but a lesson dedicated to my fellow Canadians would be amazing!And yes the working man/ solo and riffs are awesome smile.gif

It's one of my ambitions to see Rush playing live in Canada. I'd better do it soon, otherwise they'll be retiring. (That'll be a sad day!!!). mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Feb 27 2009, 02:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (kevvyg @ Feb 27 2009, 09:51 AM) *
It's one of my ambitions to see Rush playing live in Canada. I'd better do it soon, otherwise they'll be retiring. (That'll be a sad day!!!). mellow.gif

Hahaha and one of mine is to see Maiden in the UK tongue.gif We can trade off haha

I've seen rush 3 times, absolutely amazing. Have yet to catch Maiden though sad.gif

This post has been edited by Andrew6: Feb 27 2009, 02:52 PM

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Feb 27 2009, 05:53 PM
Instructor
Very unique sound, hard to nail.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
TheOldOnes
Feb 27 2009, 06:14 PM
GMC:er
I saw Rush on their Exit Stage Left tour (man - that was 27 years ago!). I love Rush particularly anything before and including Moving Pictures. Some of practice pieces include working man (I'd love to learn the solo), La Villa Strangliata, and Xanadu. But in reality, anything along the style of Rush would be most welcome.

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Feb 27 2009, 06:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
I would have to go with limelight as my fav followed close by la villa

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 28 2009, 08:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (kevvyg @ Feb 27 2009, 01:27 PM) *
Hi Guys,
I know you're all pretty busy, and I've asked before (although it was a while ago), but can we have a lesson based on Rush, and obviously more specifically, Alex Lifeson. I've been a Rush fan for the best part of 30 years, and I'm still surprised at the lack of recognitian he gets, even on dedicated guitar sites. As a suggestion, the solo from 'Working Man', would be good. It's a blinkin' masterpiece by anyone's standards!!!!

Keep up the excellent work!
KG
ps, Great news about Faith No More!!!!!! tongue.gif

Yes do some Rush please.

Rush=pure quality in musik

for example

or

See also my post about this subject:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=21750

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Mar 1 2009, 12:52 AM
Jazz Instructor
Alex Lifeson's real name is Aleksandar Zivojinovic, which basically means same thing in Serbian language, he's Serbian:)
And of course, Rush is like godfather of prog rock! Simply great!

This post has been edited by Vasilije Vukmirovic: Mar 1 2009, 12:52 AM

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Mar 1 2009, 11:57 AM
Instructor
Serbian ?! blink.gif Didn't know that.. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kevvyg
Mar 3 2009, 02:55 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Feb 27 2009, 03:52 PM) *
Hahaha and one of mine is to see Maiden in the UK tongue.gif We can trade off haha

I've seen rush 3 times, absolutely amazing. Have yet to catch Maiden though sad.gif

Ok!
I've seen Rush 7 times now, and IM 5 times. Both excellent bands, but not really comparable as they are quite different musically. And both still filling stadiums (That should be stadia, actually!).

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Mar 3 2009, 03:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (kevvyg @ Mar 3 2009, 09:55 AM) *
Ok!
I've seen Rush 7 times now, and IM 5 times. Both excellent bands, but not really comparable as they are quite different musically. And both still filling stadiums (That should be stadia, actually!).

yes I love them both equally laugh.gif , Rush filled when I saw them, they always do I think tongue.gif especially here smile.gif

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:39 PM