2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gmc Member Poll, How has GMC improved your playing?
How has GMC improved your playing?
To what level has GMC taken you to?
Beginner-Intermediate [ 42 ] ** [60.00%]
Intermediate-Advanced [ 28 ] ** [40.00%]
How long have you been at GMC?
1-3 months [ 7 ] ** [10.00%]
3-6 months [ 8 ] ** [11.43%]
6-12 months [ 24 ] ** [34.29%]
12-15 months [ 20 ] ** [28.57%]
15 and above [ 11 ] ** [15.71%]
How significantly has GMC improved your playing overall? including theory and scales
Poor [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Little [ 2 ] ** [2.86%]
Moderate [ 17 ] ** [24.29%]
High [ 29 ] ** [41.43%]
Very High [ 22 ] ** [31.43%]
Total Votes: 70
Guests cannot vote 
FFranco
Jan 16 2009, 05:29 PM
GMC:er
This is just a poll to see how much progress have members gotten here at GMC.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
There still are many hidden discoveries waiting to be found in a guitar
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jan 16 2009, 05:31 PM
QUOTE (FFranco @ Jan 16 2009, 11:29 AM) *
This is just a poll to see how much progress have members gotten here at GMC.

I have been at GMC for almost three years now. It has been invaluable to me. I have advanced so much since then and I would NEVER have made this kind of progress without it.

Thank you Kris!

Jeff

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jeff: Jan 16 2009, 05:36 PM

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 16 2009, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't be in two bands and recording a full length CD if it weren't for GMC!

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jan 16 2009, 06:14 PM
GMC mostly helped me going from absolute beginner, knowing only one pentatonic scale, etc, to a bit better. After that, I'm learning from as many places as I can, most of the stuff I learn from GMC is theory (wallimans theory lessons) and I like the singing lessons a lot. But other than that, GMC is great, but I haven't really improved thanks to GMC lessons for the last year.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 16 2009, 06:27 PM
HAIL GMC!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 16 2009, 06:44 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
GMC is like anything in life. You get out of it what you put into. The thing that makes GMC special is that you have access to world class lessons AND world class players to answer your questions, not to mention the community that encourages people to progress no matter what level they are currently at. If you choose to not do anything with this then you will not improve. If you choose to take advantage of it, as I have, then your playing will go to a whole other level. GMC RULES. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Monte

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jan 16 2009, 06:48 PM
These are questions I feel better answered by others regarding my play. If I see my next door neighbor again (who soon after I started playing and joined GMC, came to may door at 4 in the morning to tell me to turn it down) I will ask his opinion regarding my progress.

Regarding GMC, it is unsurpassed. I feel on the planet. Perhaps in the Galaxy. I know there are 200 billion stars with possible solar systems in the milky way, but as I understand it, you can only expect maybe 2 planets in such a galaxy to have had the right conditions to support intelligent life. So the odds are maybe 50/50 that GMC is the best product of it's kind in the galaxy. Although on the other planet the people may look more like Lizards.

edit: spelling

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jan 16 2009, 06:50 PM

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jan 16 2009, 08:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
A terrible lot xD
You have to get used a bit to GMC, in the beginning there's a lot to learn, to much. I did all kind of pieces, but never the full thing, that wasn't good. Now I learn whole lessons, but even more important, I have the forum xD

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 17 2009, 12:35 AM
Instructor
This poll is a great initiative, we should have these polls more often as a regular feedback! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jan 17 2009, 01:24 AM
I'm still very much a beginner, but I have made more progress here than anywhere else! The collabs take me places I would never go on my own and so are invaluable to me.

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
Dreamcatcher
Jan 17 2009, 01:34 PM
GMC is the place to be !! Everytime I log in read forums or chat or go to the lesson sessions I learn something...Everytime!!

--------------------
" Free Your Mind and Your Axe Will Follow" Vernon Reid (Living Colour)

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 17 2009, 01:43 PM
As I've only been here for a couple of weeks it's hard to say that there's been any vast improvements so far, BUT with the number of lessons I've bookmarked and am working on I can say that it won't be long before I can start to see these improvements!!
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 17 2009, 02:38 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
What a great thread ! And results from the poll are really good! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Rooks
Jan 17 2009, 02:45 PM
I have been playing for 6 months now, and been with GMC since I started .. I owe every progress to GMC. Even though I still regard myself as a beginner, this community has taken me further than 101 teaching coukd.
Different styles, teachers , available almost everyday to answer your questions. That's just great !
(Though I still miss more -between beginner and intermediate- lessons!)

This post has been edited by Rooks: Jan 17 2009, 02:46 PM

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 17 2009, 04:11 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Interesting poll, and interesting results too smile.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 16 2009, 06:44 PM) *
GMC is like anything in life. You get out of it what you put into....

So true. If you love something, it will love you too. If that makes any sense.

QUOTE (fkalich @ Jan 16 2009, 06:48 PM) *
... GMC is the best product of it's kind in the galaxy.

laugh.gif With our wifi conections and all, chances are some aliens are already enjoying GMC somewhere out there!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
FFranco
Jan 17 2009, 04:32 PM
Wow I'm seeing great results...according to the polls so far it says that GMC has improved players 98.2% percent whether from moderate to very high...Thanks voters....Others come on and vote

--------------------
There still are many hidden discoveries waiting to be found in a guitar

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jan 17 2009, 06:00 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Jan 16 2009, 06:48 PM) *
These are questions I feel better answered by others regarding my play. If I see my next door neighbor again (who soon after I started playing and joined GMC, came to may door at 4 in the morning to tell me to turn it down) I will ask his opinion regarding my progress.

How much GMC has improved you and how much you have improved during the GMC membership are two different things, so could the neighbour really tell? Of course, for all I know, you might have based your whole practice routine on gmc stuff, and if so I suppose your neighbout could tell.

I'm definetly NOT trying to put GMC down, I love it and it's great, I just can't compare it to irl-lessons wich 75% of my progress comes from. I agree that GMC might be the best product of it's kind in the entire galaxy, and it keeps getting better.

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 17 2009, 06:22 PM
GMC has greately improved my theory knowledge and my technical abilities. I am glad for that biggrin.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Canis
Jan 18 2009, 10:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Fran @ Jan 17 2009, 04:11 PM) *
So true. If you love something, it will love you too. If that makes any sense.

So that means that GMC loves me too, even though when I kneel before my GMC-Shrine I keep under my bed and say the words, it doesen't speak back? ohmy.gif
Um.... I mean..... Arrrrr!

Anyway.... GMC has helped me a lot more then I thought it could. I don't even mean just when it comes to guitarskills! I've grown here ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 18 2009, 10:52 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 16 2009, 12:44 PM) *
GMC is like anything in life. You get out of it what you put into. The thing that makes GMC special is that you have access to world class lessons AND world class players to answer your questions, not to mention the community that encourages people to progress no matter what level they are currently at. If you choose to not do anything with this then you will not improve. If you choose to take advantage of it, as I have, then your playing will go to a whole other level. GMC RULES. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Monte

Couldn't agree more Monte.. smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:56 AM