2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Top 100 Guitarists List
Jeff
Apr 21 2007, 03:20 PM
GMC:er
Does anyone else piss themselves laughing at this list?!

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/593...sts_of_all_time

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Apr 21 2007, 04:11 PM
That list is 100% inaccurate. It must be based on something else besides guitar playing ability because I would say as much as 80% of those names (maybe more) don't belong on that list.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Apr 21 2007, 04:19 PM
Thats a pretty ridiculous list...
Edit: typo

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Oct 26 2007, 05:41 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jete124
Apr 21 2007, 04:42 PM
the one that cracks me up the most is Eddie Van Halen at 70. 70??!!! Yeah because you know, no one ever listens to their songs wink.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 21 2007, 05:23 PM
QUOTE (JCJXXL @ Apr 21 2007, 03:11 PM) *
That list is 100% inaccurate. It must be based on something else besides guitar playing ability because I would say as much as 80% of those names (maybe more) don't belong on that list.

Indeed tongue.gif

+Quote Post
wheeler
Apr 21 2007, 05:51 PM
laugh.gif laugh.gif I visit that list whenever I need a pick me up. It's always entertaining. Here's a fun game: think of some guitarists you really like and see if they're better or worse than "Zoot Horn Rollo".

Or just sit around saying "Zoot Horn Rollo". Good times. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Apr 21 2007, 05:53 PM
Instructor
OMG - what kind of list is that???? NO COMMENTS!!

Btw. thanks for the link - now i know which site NOT To visit hahahaha

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
RushRckz
Apr 21 2007, 05:56 PM
http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_newguitar.html

That website is a little bit better. Yet again Rolling stone doesnt know what they are talking about.

+Quote Post
Jeff
Apr 22 2007, 04:11 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Apr 21 2007, 05:53 PM) *
OMG - what kind of list is that???? NO COMMENTS!!

Btw. thanks for the link - now i know which site NOT To visit hahahaha

Yeah man. Cooley's not even on the lits! What a joke.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 22 2007, 04:30 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
That List Sucks, Jimi Hendrix is a GOD, But its so damn typical to put him at Number one on every list.

+Quote Post
radarlove1984
Apr 22 2007, 10:58 PM
That rolling stone list has all the right names... just not in the right order.

Long live classic rock!

+Quote Post
Bitey
Apr 23 2007, 05:20 PM
QUOTE (RushRckz @ Apr 21 2007, 11:56 AM) *
http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_newguitar.html

That website is a little bit better. Yet again Rolling stone doesnt know what they are talking about.

I would put Jimmy Page above Jimmy Hendrix. Sure Hendrix is great but I have yet to be super impressed by him. I suppose since I don't really like any of hendrix songs might be why I am not impressed by him.

+Quote Post
RodneyU
Apr 23 2007, 07:15 PM
QUOTE (jete124 @ Apr 21 2007, 11:42 AM) *
the one that cracks me up the most is Eddie Van Halen at 70. 70??!!! Yeah because you know, no one ever listens to their songs wink.gif

Yea no kidding. I guess the list was compiled by a bunch of 16 year olds, that would explain why Eddie is so low. Also, Angus Young at 96!! I guess no one says Angus Young is the best guitar player ever, but between him and Eddie is the reason I picked up a guitar. Angus is a hell of a player and show man.

+Quote Post
slash85
Apr 24 2007, 09:29 AM
mate i have seen this list before and it f@#king sucks bulk cock....rolling stone have absolutely no idea mate...they must have rocks in their head ....this is how pissed i am....slash didn't even make the top 100 and 90% of the guitarists on that list i havent even heard of evh was 70 and angus young were 96 and 90% didn't even deserve to be on that list......if rolling stone is reading u f#@king stink!!!!

sorry if my message is not appropriate but it really stinks

--------------------
DEFENDER OF THE FAITH \m/

+Quote Post
spdalton
Apr 24 2007, 10:16 AM
That is just stupid. Never will I buy a rolling stone magazine after seeing this!

--------------------
IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

http://www.myspace.com/cashnz

+Quote Post
Grae
Apr 24 2007, 11:16 AM
Johnny Ramone at 16, are you kidding me? o_O

Kurt Cobain at 12? No way man

They even have Pete Townshend on that list, and i know he sucks

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 24 2007, 12:43 PM
GMC Founder
Everyone knows Frank Zappa is 47,5 not 45 - I can't believe they missed that ! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben C
Apr 25 2007, 10:12 PM
lol, I didn't realize that Jack White of the White Stripes was better than Angus Young, Eddie Van Halen, Tony Iommi, and even Les Paul himself! tongue.gif

I now declare Rolling Stone Magazine officially out of business...

This post has been edited by Ben C: Apr 25 2007, 10:12 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 26 2007, 03:12 AM
they put KURT COBAIN, a lead singer/guitar player, above Tony Iommi, Eddie Van Halen, Angus Young!!!! blink.gif !!!!!these guys must be on crack or something.....

This post has been edited by stratman33: Apr 26 2007, 03:13 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Apr 26 2007, 08:48 AM
I remember there list of top 50 heaviest band in the world or something like that.

01. Black Sabbath
02. Soundgarden
03. Led Zepplin
04. Neurosis
05. Slayer
06. Kyuss
07. Meshuggah
08. The Melvins
09. Metallica
10. Godflesh
11. Tool
12. Isis
13. Sleep
14. Dimmu Borgir
15. Mastodon
16. Motorhead
17. Swans
18. Slipknot
19. Nirvana
20. Napalm Death
21. Celtic Frost
22. Strapping Young Lad
23. Anthrax
24. The Stooges
25. At The Gates
26. Ministry
27. Morbid Angel
28. Voivod
29. Nine Inch Nails
30. Monster Magnet
31. Sepultera
32. Opeth
33. The Dillenger Escape Plan
34. Lamb Of God
35. Saint Vitus
36. Venom
37. Pantera
38. Blue Cheer
39. Killswitch Engage
40. Black Flag
41. Killing Joke
42. High On Fire
43. Shadows Fall
44. AC/DC
45. Obituary
46. Electric Wizard
47. Eyehategod
48. Death
49. Cathedral
50. Hatebreed

Yea i laugh histerically, its supposed to be heaviest band not something heavy from 20 some odd years ago. Seriously Black Sabbath, AC/DC Led Zeppelin, Hatebreed, Nirvana, Slipknot? Man better take the popular demand out of your ass Rolling Stone.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:34 PM